H&M x Marimekko - Summer 2008

I agree with Eiko - I think many of these pieces can look completely different when tried on, and combined with other clothes. All of them next to each other, it's just a bit overwhelming.

Do they have more pics of the collection? Would be interesting to see.. :flower:

I like the prints but they could have definately done a better job with the tailoring and the styles. In Finland, anyone can walk into the Marimekko store, buy some fabric, and make much greater designs than these. Such as my blogger friend did. They could have created something edgy and new, instead they are formless tricot pieces.. no thanks. Only thing I like is the black and white pattern on the bikini and the minidress. Maybe the shorts could work with something plain such as black shirt.. Thats about it. :(

I'm in love with that outfit your friend did! It's fabulous. She should've designed the Marimekko/H&M-collection. :D

I don't know what to think about that Marimekko collection. I have to admit that I waited more, but I like few pieces. Those bikinis are nice. I'm not a big fan of Marimekko so I didn't expect so much.

this entire collection goes against any kind of convention wisdom whatsoever...

people that are self conscious about their bodies are not going to wear prints like this (at least not in the USA).

In post #47... that first item the green/orange white... is that a long skirt? If it is Im getting it!! And this collection is going to be in all H&M stores?

illustrations from hm.com

the cut of the garments from the illustrations is going to look completely different in stores...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 200
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 202
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 202
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 202
  • m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 202
i found these sample prices on hm.com
PRICES:

Women
3-button apron dress €39.90
Tunic top €14.90
Sun-hat €14.90
Scarf €19.90
One-piece swimsuit €29.90
Men
Stripe t-shirt €19.90
Short sleeve shirt €24.90
Bermuda shorts €29.90
Children
Set - tunic, tights and hat €19.90
Skirted swimsuit €12.90
Teddy bear €9.90

I like the pattern of the men's shirt, though I have no idea when or where I would actually wear it.

i found these sample prices on hm.com
PRICES:

Women
3-button apron dress €39.90
Tunic top €14.90
Sun-hat €14.90
Scarf €19.90
One-piece swimsuit €29.90
Men
Stripe t-shirt €19.90
Short sleeve shirt €24.90
Bermuda shorts €29.90
Children
Set - tunic, tights and hat €19.90
Skirted swimsuit €12.90
Teddy bear €9.90

Well the prices are not that bad! I just wish the collection wasnt as bad. :D

this entire collection goes against any kind of convention wisdom whatsoever...

people that are self conscious about their bodies are not going to wear prints like this (at least not in the USA).
i don't know lucy...
it certainly isn't for me..
but have you ever heard of lily pulitzer...:innocent:..

that stuff does really really well with the country club set...
this might do well with that crowd...who knows?...
it's almost preppy..you know?

:P

i saw the collection when it hit h&m toronto yesterday. the prints are quite cute in rl, but some of the colour combos + the large printing + tent shapes made some of them look clownish imho. the material is also really thin, starchy, and several pieces had loose threads which created stocking-like runs even though it was clear that nobody had tried them on before. :(
i'm such a sucker for these "guest designer" things!

Attachments

• mari7.jpg
    mari7.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 1
  • mari6.jpg
    mari6.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 3
  • mari5.jpg
    mari5.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 2
  • mari4.jpg
    mari4.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 2
  • mari3.jpg
    mari3.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 4
  • mari8.jpg
    mari8.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 5
  • mari9.jpg
    mari9.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 2
I quite like the black and white bikini but other than that, nothing seems really special to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgerdays
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->