Haider Ackermann - Designer, Creative Director of Canada Goose & Tom Ford

Jacobs intensifies talks for Dior. Ackermann to Ferré?

Marc Jacobs, fashion director at Louis Vuitton since 1997, has intensified talks with the House of Dior, according to sources, for John Galliano's post Possible changes at Vuitton have not been yet disclosed, even if, belonging both to mr Bernard Arnault (Dior is family owned, while LV is notably public) the changes could be all made within the group. This change could start a chain-move in the fashion arena, starting from Ferré: if Jacobs chose for Dior, one of the other names on the roaster, Haider Ackermann, who had been in talks with Ferré's new owners, the Dubai based Sankari family, could feel free to join the Milanese brand.

22 Aug 20:51
http://www.fashionillustrated.eu/en/topnews/jacobs-intensifies-talks-for-dior-ackermann-to-ferre

Actress Tilda Swinton and designer Haider Ackermann attend Marie Claire Prix de la Moda awards 2011 at French Embassy on November 17, 2011 in Madrid, Spain.

daylife via tixola

Marie Claire Spain December 2011
Model: Elisa Sednaoui
Photographer: Sergi Pons
Stylist: Enrique Campos
Make-Up: Ashley Ward
Hair: Federico Ghezzi

ebook free download via visualoptimism

With Tilda Swinton / Ryan McGinley / Waris Ahluwalia at Film On The Rocks in Thailand

hbz_blasberg_thailand_diary_19_lgn.jpg

hbz_blasberg_thailand_diary_5_lgn.jpg

hbz_blasberg_thailand_diary_15_lgn.jpg

harpersbazaar (Derek Blasberg's Diary)

Haider Ackermann and Constance Jablonski attend the "Schiaparelli And Prada: Impossible Conversations" Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 7, 2012 in New York City. (May 6, 2012 - Source: Larry Busacca/Getty Images North America)
Haider+Ackermann+NY+Schiaparelli+Prada+Impossible+e_Gl_nLVyC-l.jpg

Attending Chanel Cruise 2013 show in Versailles

P3aaa.jpg

twitter/lisatant

Vogue Paris August 2012
Photographed by Mario Sorrenti

pdf-giant via Flashbang

^That article was so boring to read, I feel like I've read that exact same text in half a dozen other magazines before. I would have expected Loïc Prigent to do a more interesting portrait on Haider. Oh well. But the picture is great!

he does look great. and yes,like the latest issue of W has a feature on haider(as always a year behind everybody else)and it was essentially the same article i read in elle months before. but the portrait image with tilda and various other personalities that wear haider was by far the best done,imo.

For me, he is the YSL of today, if Hedi Slimane ever quits or gets fired, please hire Mr Ackermann!

he does look great. and yes,like the latest issue of W has a feature on haider(as always a year behind everybody else)and it was essentially the same article i read in elle months before. but the portrait image with tilda and various other personalities that wear haider was by far the best done,imo.

Yes, I feel like most journalists turn into wannabe-poets when writing about Haider, quite a few articles about him sound pretty much the same.
I couldn't find the W article but I found a snap of the picture you mentioned in the Magazines thread :heart:

snapped by t-rex

For me, he is the YSL of today, if Hedi Slimane ever quits or gets fired, please hire Mr Ackermann!

Ugh, gross, sorry I hate this mentality that exists in fashion today. We're so quick to rush designers out of the well-known houses in pursuit of the "next big thing", and to pressure someone who is doing a brilliant job on their own to hop on board. Ackermann's always done his own thing, marched to his own beat, and I don't think I'm the only one who f-ing loves that about him.

psylocke....like spirits coming out of the mist...:heart:

heather anne....agreed. and why is it,in this era of fashion,we have this urgent need to constantly lump every single independent designer who just so might be experiencing success with a conglomerate house? so designers like a haider ackermann can be dictated creatively by profit mongers? conglomerates already control too much of the industry as it is.....it's nice to have designers like haider continuing to do things on their own accord.

Ugh, gross, sorry I hate this mentality that exists in fashion today. We're so quick to rush designers out of the well-known houses in pursuit of the "next big thing", and to pressure someone who is doing a brilliant job on their own to hop on board. Ackermann's always done his own thing, marched to his own beat, and I don't think I'm the only one who f-ing loves that about him.

I like Hedi, I was speaking my general opinion, Hedi can be at YSL for 10 years whatever. That does not mean my opinion is "gross".

Last edited by a moderator:
This is exciting news!

MAN ON THE MOVE: Look who’s joining men’s fashion week in Paris: Haider Ackermann. The Antwerp, Belgium-based designer, who won acclaim for a one-season foray into men’s wear in 2010, is to present what he’s calling a “men wardrobe” for spring 2014 on June 26. Details about the presentation format could not immediately be learned.

Ackermann unveiled his first men’s designs during a coed runway show at Pitti W in Florence, and the collection was immediately picked up by a small group of international retailers, including Barneys New York. The Colombian-born talent founded his label in 2001 and is known for sensual draping and nomadic silhouettes.

wwd

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->