Hairstyles For Asian Hair

oh man..im completely asian and i have thick black hair and semi wavy. alot of times i dont know what to do with it!
i have midium length "bob" with bangs. it's good on me but im tired of it already. i always wanted to get finger wave like hair but i think i ll look ridiculous with it =(
suggestions?

I think natural color is the best color on your hair. I have seen really good blond hair on Asian (or red), but it looks too doll-like and not natural or earthy enough for my taste. I used to want to dye my hair, so I went to see a hairstylist, and she actually adviced me against it. lol. She said my hair is dark with a gold luster, so I have natural gold hightlight on dark hair. (which looks really cool in full sunlight)

I do have trouble with haircut though. Everytime I go to a hair salon, they make it way too many layers and pixie-like, they call that what? (leaf-cut?) It is supposed to make the rough Asian hair look more delicate and flowy? But due to the fact that my dad is European, my hair is already thin. So after the cutting session, my hair looks like fabric putting over a head. (Not a pretty sight) Anyhelp would be appreciated, please.

^ definitely try go to a different hairstylists! everyone has to go to through trying a lot until they find 'the one'! ask friends who have similiar hair type/texture and fabulous for their hairdressers numbers! never ever say to your hairdresser "do what is best"(if i was a hairdresser, id be worried if they didnt know what they wanted..and the customer might hate it or maybe they are going through a hard time and want to make a big change and think its gonna cure all but it wont). its better to bring in a photo to show them exactly what you want and walk through it as they are cutting. if you think they are taking off too much, you have to say something!(not saying that you dont but ya know).

im very specific with my hairdressers(i have two, both male) and they both know exactly what i like, for example they know i love long hair so they always make sure they dont trim too much because i really dont like 'short hair'. and with color they know i like what most natural looking so no skunk chunks or anything funky, all colors/color combos must be really blended & found in nature = more natural looking(even though asians dont really have blonde hair, but do a blonde that compliments your skin..)

both my sister and i tried doing more blunt cuts on the ends but we didnt like it..i think it looks too rough esp on fine asian hair. i like a lil bit of layers because it has more movement and grace..none of that asian shaggy hair look or 'shelf' layers where the top part of the hair looks shorter than the bottom..it looks too mullety and it is a absolute disaster to grow out!

why did you want to dye your hair? it sounds soo beautiful! if you have never dyed your hair before i dont suggest you start, you may have to keep dyeing it forever..it can be very difficult to grow it out completely. maybe try semi-permanent because it washes out gradually..i know models do this for a temporary change and so they dont damage their hair too much.

as for me i wish i could pull off my natural color better(dark brown)..i dont hate dark hair, in fact i really love it! like a lot of people i think dark hair is more sexy and mysterious..unfortunately anything darker than medium brown easily washes me out. so now im back to light brown with blonde highlights(its really blended in so it just makes the brown part look even lighter). i bleached my eyebrows too, its like soft greyish(its changes depending on your hair dna..some people go goldish..some ppl go orange! eek) and upclose you can see the brown..its made a huge difference on my face. all of the colors on my head are just in harmony now, my skin looks glowier instead of washed out/pasty and somehow my eyes look lighter and like a more clearer brown.

^ can you tell im really into hair? i saw my hairdressers 3..almost 4 times in a month! they love me because im good for business *kehe*

Yeah I can tell. Heheh. :smile: Thanks for the advice, really. I don't want to dye my hair anymore, due to the fact mentioned above. When there is ful sunlight, I literally have a halo around my head with some soft dark space around my face. lol. (A bit freakish I know) But I do have a serious problem with hair styles. I have a weird face, cross between oval and heart. My face can be strong or delicate depends on my expression. I'm not sure whether to go with something girly or more rebellious yet still classy.

Another question: eyebrow dyeing? Somehow my eyebrow ends up looking pretty light compare to my hair, it is like an ash black, which is yuck in my opinion. I heard about dyeing, also that it is toxic and such. So what are my options if you can give me some advice?

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f45/lightening-coloring-eyebrows-19074.html

^ here is a thread on eyebrow dyeing.

some said they do it themselves and some get theirs done at the salon. i would go to salon but that doesnt mean that they will do it perfect either, i have heard a lot of horror stories with people ending up with groucho brows that are way darker than their hair. have you tried filling it in with eyebrow powder?

^ my hair is wavy if i wear it short.and the front part (near the face is like the same too)...

I used to have long hair...
lol.jpg

^I didn't do anything to it here 'cause it was a really hot day and I couldn't be bothered, so it looks kind of blah. (I blocked out my face 'cause I didn't want to scare you all with my tragic eyebrows, awful skin, and strange expression.)

...but I chopped most of it off a couple months ago in favor of a shorter style, and I straighten it often.
renopic.jpg

^Sorry, bad quality, but you get the idea.

I got my hair trimmed a few weeks ago. It's *supposed* to look like the above photo, but my sister thought that "keep the style" meant adding in more obnoxious layers and making my bangs shorter than they should've been. *weeps* It won't be that bad next month, I guess, when my bangs grow back half an inch or so.

thanks for the pics, I have to admit that I prefer your longer hair, it's really beautiful how it's falling :blush:
I wish my hair was that way but it's much curlier :doh:

Aww, thanks! :smile:
Have you ever tried flat ironing your curls a little bit on low heat? Sometimes I do that when some parts are excessively wavy/curly and it really helps smooth them down into nicer, softer waves.

Man, I wish I had wavy hair like THIS:
co7.jpg

^The hair style and everything is great.
movieweb.com

So I had tried to obtain the wavy hair look like that of the Reese Witherspoon pic posted by mousquerader, and so I got a perm to maintain the waves for a period of time. However, the hairstyle wasn't exactly an apt style for my face, so I was curious, is there any other way to have your hair back to the way it was after a perm other than waiting for it to grow out and cut it? : /

I'm getting my hair cut tommorow... My hair is mostly straight, but wavy when I don't blowdry.

So I had tried to obtain the wavy hair look like that of the Reese Witherspoon pic posted by mousquerader, and so I got a perm to maintain the waves for a period of time. However, the hairstyle wasn't exactly an apt style for my face, so I was curious, is there any other way to have your hair back to the way it was after a perm other than waiting for it to grow out and cut it? : /

Sorry it didn't work out! :(

I guess you could always try doing things that are "bad" for perms, like using dandruff shampoos and high-alkaline shampoos (they'll loosen the waves and weaken the chemicals or whatever). Hope that works.

does anyone have a style (as in how to cut) suggestion of medium length hair for a person who has delicate/flat feature?!

does anyone know about any high lighting or streaking products for Asian hair?

Lindsay Price

lp-lindsaypriceorg.jpg

lp-lindsaypriceorg02.jpg

lp-celebutopia.jpg

lp-spendicity.jpg

lp-imdb.png

lp-mollydixon.jpg

lp-celebcity.jpg

lindsay-price.org, celebutopia, splendicity, imdb, molly dixon, celebrity city

I have to say that I don't like her hair that much..it looks really damaged in the pics where it's light

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->