Hairstyles For Asian Hair

whynot0224 said:
I'm going to put some highlights in my hair and I'm not sure which color I should use. Can you guys help me. Here's my pic. I'm completely open to anything, color, should I trim my hair or not? Any suggestions would be helpful.

I think you would look better without the highlights.

yourbestfriend said:
I think you would look better without the highlights.
Really? Thanks.

Here's a picture of me when I had longer, highlighted hair. I just think highlights wouldn't make my hair look so dull. I miss my long hair. People always complimented me on it, lol.

The picture's not that good but it's the only decent picture I can find.

Attachments

• me3.jpg
    me3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I am part Asian and part European, so I have the ridiculous thickness of Asian hair (hairdressers always say OH MY GOD you have such thick hair! they freak out. like it's a toy.) mixed with the fine texture and sometime waviness of European hair.

It's a very dark brown/borderline black. In the past, I had it short (and subsequently felt like a boy) but now I've grown it out - mid back, heavily layered, side-swept bangs and I usually wear it blown out or wavy. I have to use Kerastase b/c it's basically the best shampoo ever made.

To answer the question about how to make hair consistently wavy, I use the Kerastase mousse - its in an orange bottle. The trick is to towel dry hair, brush through it, then muss it up with your fingers so it separates a bit. Then, leaning to the side, scrunch it upwards so its showing a wave. Then spray the mousse DIRECTLY onto the hair, and follow it with more scrunching. Make sure you don't put on too much... just about 4 squirts per head of hair. If you have really long hair, then use an extra 2 squirts on the ends....

Anyways, try that out and see how it is!

i have long dark hair
bit of layers
i have it down most of the time
i have roundish face and short forehead
i dunno what to do
i like something new but keep it long

whynot0224 said:
The picture's not that good but it's the only decent picture I can find.

:shock: :shock: definitely short hair for you. B)

dotz, u sound like me! ^_^
i just dyed my hair red few days ago. quite a good change.. :lol:

dotz said:
i have long dark hair
bit of layers
i have it down most of the time
i have roundish face and short forehead
i dunno what to do
i like something new but keep it long

:lol: :lol: you sound like my twin.

i have lot of thick hair so i always make my stylist razor it w/long layers. you cant tell my hair is really layered the way he cuts it...anyhoo people seem to like my hair either very straight w/deep side part or loose waves sort of like mariah careys :smile:sick: yikes i know! but i cant think of anyone else w/similar hair...:lol: )...with straight hair, i think it looks better w/o the highlights and sh*t but w/the wavy hair, i think it's essential to have highlights

I am a stylist and for my asian clients I use hot rollers and "Big Sexy Hair Spray and Play Harder"

Hi! I'm asian and I have straight hair with a side bang, but my hair is a little frizzle sometimes, does someone know a good shampoo that i can use? htx:flower:

I'm mixed, and have very thin hair. My mom's the white one and has really thick pretty hair, but I guess the pretty hair gene skipped me. I think it might have something to do with nutrition, but my hair's always been fine. Anyone have any ideas? If my boyfriend weren't so opposed, I'd be getting the Natalie Portman pixie cut right about now.

For asians wanting to go blonde....any advice? I find an overall blonde colour is too hard to keep up since roots show up pretty quickly, while highlights fade really quickly, the one time I had highlights instead of an overall colour, by the second week the blonde was already fading to brown.

I have naturally dark brown hair...dyed it blue-black a few weeks ago, but kinda bored with it now. Before I dyed it black, i had light brown hair for five years..now that the novelty of having black hair again has worn off...I'm dying to go back to light brown, but I'm worried once I start again, have to start the whole redoing the roots thing and running to the salon every 4 weeks again. Uggh.. i hate roots. Especially if you're lazy and don't go to the salon for 6 weeks..looks horrendous.

whynot0224 said:
I'm going to put some highlights in my hair and I'm not sure which color I should use. Can you guys help me. Here's my pic. I'm completely open to anything, color, should I trim my hair or not? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Red highlights with a brown base .. that would be great ...

Here are some hairstyles.........

spacer.gif

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

All pictures are from rasysa.com, a Japanese hairstyle website

shampoo and conditioner

helloo wondering what shampoos and conditoner y'all are using...for getting the silky and shiny effect as well as...good smelling hair/scalp to last at least most of the day!

i'm using redken allsoft..its good just that it doesn't have much of a lasting scent:sick:

I have a round face and I currently want a change to my hairstyle without having to cut it thin and not having to dye it. Is there any hairstyles that would fit me?

I'm half Asian, so even though my hair is quite thick it is copper brown and a bit wavy. I always have some layers done and then have this thing (don't know what it is called) where the hair at the front gets shorter as it comes closer to my face and that it curls/flicks inwards underneath my chin. However, I don't have a straightening iron like the hairdresser used so the curling flicking thing usually lasts one day and then I'm only layered and the hair that's supposed to curl inwards is curling all over the place. :lol:

I would really like to give my hair more volume as it always looks like someone ironed the top of my head. I don't want to have short hair just to get a bit of volume, but the volumising products I've tried haven't worked. It was a very expensive product, too and all it did was make my hair look greasy. Can anyone recommend anything?

can anyone post pics of the body wave?.. any suggestions in the LA area for this treatment?.. TIA

juicytubeaddict said:
oh, and by the way...even if you get a salon color job, everyone assumes that you dye your hair anyway if it isn't like, midnight black

i get that EVERYDAY...my hair is naturally kind of light, especially in the sun...people think i'm denying "my little secret"...so i'm just like &@*% you

hahaha back to the day i have chestnut brown with lil blond streak (its very obvious compare to my chinese fellas, when i was like seven or eight) and didn't move to canada yet. people would count my blond streaks in my hair and my elementary teacher ask me did i dye my hair.... i said no and she didnt bielieve me...
then when i went into puberty and my hair got a bit darker and more and more hair grew out of me... but under certian my hair still have the streak (just less) and when i dye my hair to brown, no one notice :cry:

Isn't it easy to find out someone is asian just by looking at her face? Because asians have very different noses and eyes from other races.

after misako im the second person who disagree.... even chinese ifself have a huge diversity .... all three of my grandparents have eye with big crease while my dad's brather all have strong nose and stuff... even my parent look very different from each other.... therefore i really hate ppl say "asian look all the same" or "asian ppl must have dark skin/small eye/short nose otherwise they're either mix or they are o whitewahsed and went do plastic surgery" that kinda crap!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

Shampoo and Conditioner for coarse asian hair

can anyone recommend a good shampoo and conditioner for coarse asian hair? i need something that will clean well and leave my hair shiny. help!!!

What shade of brown would you guys recommend on Asians? I'm not too pale, but definitely not tan. My hair's pretty long. I'm looking at doing a solid color, as my highlights are growing out. I don't want to look too washed out or anything. I prefer a shade on the darker side (nothing caramel)

Any pictures would be greatly appreciated!

^ how about a medium brown like kristin kreuk's! i love her hair when its more of a medium ash brown, not the reddish that she sometimes had in the earlier seasons of smallville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->