US Bazaar March 2006: Madonna

MarryMeTomFord said:
the cover looks gorgeous..disappointed by the editorials inside

Me too....I subscribe and I loved the cover and the bits on Madonna. I was very disappointed in one of the fashion features with Gemma Ward dressed up as Brigette Bardot I believe...it was just so far off....she looks nothing like Bardot. I just found it very weird - does anyone else have thoughts on that?

Lena said:
ahh have mercy.. why doesnt she retire or something..

she seriously looks silly trying so hard to look like a young girl, its pathetic ..
:rolleyes: seriously, do you want to be torn to pieces? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
when I recieved my issue, I thought "who the heck is that, and why does it say madonna on the cover? Thats not madonna." Lo and behold, the wonderful airbrushes at bazaar have reached a new level of distortion

Anyways, I ripped out all the double sided ads because most of them annoyed the heck out of me. Although, some of the ads were nice. I ripped out so many ads, I could have made a whole nother magazine

Editorials:

"Baroque Rock" Ph. Mario Sorrenti - Freja in a typical Bazaar ed about (obviously) Baroque looks. Designers featured include Balenciaga, Ralph Lauren, Dior Homme, etc. 11 pgs

"Fashion's New Direction" Ph. Nathaniel Goldberg - Daria (yes, that Daria. She's in Vogue, Bazaar, and Elle this month! :shock: ) in an ed about the new proportions of the season. Accompanying is an article by Suzy Menkes. Daria is a bit different than as you'd see her in Vogue. Marc Jacobs, Lanvin, and Fendi are a few of the designers with clothes featured. 12 pgs

"Red Hot & Gold" Ph. Richard Burbridge - Red and gold accessories modeled by Inguna. 4 pgs

"Madonna's Secrets" Ph. Solve Sundsbo - Very different ed, but interesting. She wears Yves Saint Laurent, Rick Owens, and Gucci, among others. 14 pgs

"... And God Created Woman" Ph. Karl Lagerfeld - Gemma Ward as Brigitte Bardot. Gemma only somewhat resembles Brigitte in this ed, but no matter. I love the concept, I love Karl, and I love this ed. Calvin Klein, Gucci, and Chanel looks make appearances. 10 pgs

"Add a Flash of Neon" Various Phs. - Neon accessories. 6 pgs

"Spring's Pioneering Spirit" Ph. Peter Lindbergh - Natasha Poly, Caroline Trentini, and various male models in a black-and-white ed with a Wild, Wild West theme. Not a great ed, but points for trying to be creative. They wear Dolce & Gabbana, Balenciaga, and Louis Vuitton. 14 pgs

"Fashion's Number One" Ph. Karl Lagerfeld - Ralph Lauren ed celebrating his 40th anniversary. See Ralph, with his hairy chest peeking out of his denim shirt, standing on the beach, and Caroline Wineberg modeling looks from his spring collection. 10 pgs

"The Best Accessories" Ph. Gabriella Imperatori-Penn - 4 pgs

"Great Finds" Ph. Anthony Ward - Isabel Goulart models high and low menswear-inspired pieces in a typical Bazaar ed. Hermes mixed with DKNY, Dior paired with Miu Miu, Prada goes with Lauren by Ralph Lauren, among others. 6 pgs

Other:

Short mentions of nudes, printed frocks, '70s shades, cool pastels, brights, metallics, desert hues, differently-themed accessories, belts (which are back! according to the article), Hollywood's beauty tricks, and how to look younger.

"My Friend Truman Capote" - Liz Smith talks about the legendary man-about-town.

"Designer Watch: George Sharp" - Very short article about Ellen Tracy's new designer.

"Designer Watch: Cesare Paciotti" - Another brief articles about the shoe-man.

"Patti Smith on the Return of the Tie" - The legendary singer on why "cool girls always dress like the boys."

"How to Wear It" - The rules for wearing white, blouses, pants, skirts, and sandals, and Carolina Herrera on how to wear a white shirt.

"What Your Closet Reveals About You" - Article by author Amy Tan.

"Personal Style: The Season of the Dress" - The dress and how to style it.

"Ultimate Shopping Guide: A-List Tips" - What the celebs want, with Mischa Barton, Kerry Washington, Daria Werbowy, Rachel Weisz, Joy Bryant, and Ellen Pompeo.

"Diary of a Modern Facelift" - Former model (and Liv Tyler's mother) Bebe Buell tells about her facelift. Whoop-dee-do.

"Why Choosing Motherhood is in Fashion" - Why women (like Phoebe Philo) are quitting high-powered jobs to be mommies.

"A Fashionable Life: Gisele and Marc Jacobs Hit Hong Kong" - An account of their journey to China to open a new Louis Vuitton flagship.

Overall: Glenda Bailey is on a roll! Bazaar has impressed the hell out of me so far in 2006. While this issue isn't as good as the last 2, it's still better than it was before. Some of the articles inspired a "wtf?" and I'm very confused by all the model-switching with Vogue, but there is plenty of good stuff in here too. Take that, Vogue. 6.5 out of 10 stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
tone said:
:rolleyes: seriously, do you want to be torn to pieces? lol

lol.... tone! :flower: :wink:

Really...people have been complaining about Madonna for 20+ years now. Get over it.... she's not going anywhere! Whine on if you must......

:heart: Madonna:heart:

[URL="http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=100554273410c3a2909b8cs2kp7mq.jpg"]
100554957931a4238e6b8bu5td0vf.th.jpg
[/URL]

gemma as bardot... (fotodecadent)

madonna is the hottest 47 year old on earth and that Gemma ed is breathtaking.

thanks much!

"Fashion's New Direction" - Daria Werbowy

scanned by mundane_facts and posted in daria's thread :flower:

a few scans from "Spring's Pioneering Spirit" - Natasha Poly, Caroline Trentini

scanned by mundane_facts and posted in caroline trentini's thread

it's a pretty good issue except for the peter lindbergh ed and izabel golart, i just don't like her look, so pointy

Very nice editorials this month HB i liked much this issue:wink:

for me, bazaar definitely outshown vogue this month...it gets 3.75 out of 5 for me...

the daria and gemma eds are stunning and show why both are the top models in the business...
the anthony ward/izabel goulart ed is very nice too; it's nice to see him collaborate with someone other than anja...she's got legs that are a mile long and this ed highlights that...
the madonna shots are fabulous, much better than her pics in the feb us elle...
freja was perfect for the rock and roll ed, although sorrenti's style bores me (and the carmen/mcdean ed in feb us vogue was a much better visualization of this trend for me)...
the only downer for me was the peter lindbergh ed, nice to see natasha poly but caroline trentini AGAIN?? how many fabulous girls are there out there right now? usually bazaar is good with new talent (izabel, hilary rhoda, diana dondoe, etc)...very disappointing...

plus you get all the great ads except balenciaga (interesting)...

Lily530 said:
lol.... tone! :flower: :wink:

Really...people have been complaining about Madonna for 20+ years now. Get over it.... she's not going anywhere! Whine on if you must......

:heart: Madonna:heart:

Ur right Lily!
THE QUEEN FOREVER!:heart:

I regret not purchasing this issue at the bookstore today...

I actually don't have a problem with Madonna on the cover. :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zyasiagrissom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->