Harper’s Bazaar France April 2023 : Rianne van Rompaey by Alasdair McLellan

Interesting. Curious to see more. But that's all for now, it doesn't inspire me more.

Ok now it is official: Emmanuelle Alt will work for HB from next september (probably at the end of her non-competition clause)

I like the cover...wondering if they will do a Rianne multi cover...

Ok now it is official: Emmanuelle Alt will work for HB from next september (probably at the end of her non-competition clause)
I think EIC doesn’t have non-competition clause

Another bad cover…
So much expectations for this Bazaar and it’s nothing but dry.

Of course Alt will be involved…Franck Durand is the Art Director. How surprising…

I’m bored and tired already by this magazine.

I’m biais but Thomas Lenthal should have been the Art Director and the leader behind this project.

They definitely need stronger Art Direction for the covers, this layout got completely lost in the image and judging by the speed of light preview they had much better cover options. I do appreciate that they seem to be focused on models and fashion so far, love seeing Rianne and her story seems to be pretty good.

It's not a groundbreaking magazine, but it's not a bad one either. There's room for improvement.

its thinner that march issue, only around 200 pages (300 pages in previous issue)

Le look bazaar: two modes i cant id, looks pretty much as previous street editorial by Frantini, all red clothes, styled by Bennaroch, photographer is not familiar to me
main eds:
Rianne ed is 18 pictures by McLellan, style by Elodie David
Jill Kortleve Jonathan Frantini, style by Berenger Pelc (super basic studio like creative zara catalog shoot)
Angelina Kenadall by Suffo Moncloa
some Jewelry nonsense on a nude girl by Pamela Dimitrov, styled by Virginie Bennaroch

Bazaar is quite bland magazine but its better than numero and Vogue france eitherway...

its thinner that march issue, only around 200 pages (300 pages in previous issue)

Le look bazaar: two modes i cant id, looks pretty much as previous street editorial by Frantini, all red clothes, styled by Bennaroch, photographer is not familiar to me
main eds:
Jill Kortleve Jonathan Frantini, style by Berenger Pelc (super basic studio like creative zara catalog shoot)
some Jewelry nonsense on a nude girl by Pamela Dimitrov, styled by Virginie Bennaroch

Bazaar is quite bland magazine but its better than numero and Vogue france eitherway...
Is being better than Vogue and Numero enough to establish the magazine as a voice that count?
Vanity Fair France was also boring…
There’s nothing daring or interesting about this title. Once again, I think the issue is that Franck Durand’s aesthetic has trickled down so much and has been the « new normal » for so long that it’s now the « forever boring ».
It’s like Karim Sadli’s photos. It doesn’t evoke anything anymore…Just clean, chic and forgettable.

Their competition needs to be M le Monde. That’s the magazine people want to be a part of now…

This just looks like a copy of Condé Nast France’s portfolio of magazines.

It's so bizarre to see Alasdair McLellan's name next to Harper's Bazaar. The pull of Lalanne is next level!

The actual cover is a bore if I'm honest. Just another Rianne van Rompaey edit. It's not saying anything or evoking any response, good or bad. For a new magazine, that's not where you want to be.

It's no a bad photo, but looks like an advertisement of a fragrance. Anyway, i will waiting to see the whole issue.

main eds:

thanks for the review! How do you get it one day before? On Ig it says out tomorrow…

Love the image. They could have done more with the fonts and color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alintus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->