Harris Reed - Designer, Creative Director of Nina Ricci

Looking at the recent collection on their online store, the selection has improved, but everything looks like a bootleg 80s couture collection. The pieces are appealing, but they don't really have an identity of their own.

On top of that, there's so many synthetic blends. The worst is this €950 jacket whose composition reads like this: 32% polyamide, 28% virgin wool, 23% polyester, 17% acrylic. At this point, the virgin wool has become a wh*re.

Puig out of anyone should be knocking perfume out of the park.

Make something of the caliber of Dries Van Noten perfume, Penhaligon’s, or even the new Charlotte Tilbury perfumes…

Looking at the recent collection on their online store, the selection has improved, but everything looks like a bootleg 80s couture collection. The pieces are appealing, but they don't really have an identity of their own.

On top of that, there's so many synthetic blends. The worst is this €950 jacket whose composition reads like this: 32% polyamide, 28% virgin wool, 23% polyester, 17% acrylic. At this point, the virgin wool has become a wh*re.
This jacket looks like leftover Balmain from 10 years ago.

Puig out of anyone should be knocking perfume out of the park.

Make something of the caliber of Dries Van Noten perfume, Penhaligon’s, or even the new Charlotte Tilbury perfumes…
Again, Nina Ricci has been a very neglected brand and is pretty much dependant on the production and sales of endless Nina and its 13 flankers, most of which are now discontinued. I think that it's due to the fact that they never managed to create a proper halo with the fashion.

This Vénus bottle design looks outdated as hell. Are we designing for thrift stores?
The flacon is widely being compared to Elizabeth Taylor's Black Pearls — a mainstay at off-price retailers like TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Burlington, and Ross. Not a smart choice, I'd say.

nina-ricci-venus.jpgblack-pearls---elizabeth-taylor-eau-de-parfum-spray-3.3-oz-_w_-blpes33.jpg

a mainstay at off-price retailers like TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Burlington, and Ross. Not a smart choice, I'd say.
Well, they're aware of the competition, I guess. Soon this "perfume" will be on the discount racks, too. I can't wait to hear the reviews from fragrance nuts, people think we're bad on tFS? They let fragrances really have it.

Also, the fan shape also gives me a bit of a Karl vibe

1726703458232.png
cleopatrasboudoir.blogspot.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    maliburum
    Back
    monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
    <-- Admiral -->