Harris Reed - Designer, Creative Director of Nina Ricci

I dont understand the need for it... they can buy womens clothes or go to the REAL couture houses and have it made for them. Not these new york designers misusing "its couture darling" houses.

What are the differences between a womens collection made for men and womens collection made for women??

You should be the first person you design for.
Unfortunately, that isn’t a sustainable way to operate. As nice as it sounds, it becomes a rather boring way of working because you’re stuck in your own echo chamber. Everything becomes too much of a passion project and there becomes a limited scope of developing or moving further on.

There’s plenty like this, some make a lot of money because the niche has hit the spot but fail to really go further, some don’t and complain. But in the end, it really limits your scope. When you look outwards from yourself in a creative field, it makes things more exciting for oneself. It’s less about “just you” and more about “your proposition” which can shift and develop. To do the same over and over is exhausting.

I get where you’re coming from though, and it is a shame that fashion (especially in this age) isn’t showcasing more facets and exists as bit of a creative farce. Although I’d argue, why can’t you be the thing you want to see? Why expect someone else to do what you want in the world?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmatah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->