Health Food Beginner

Tea is great...just makes your teeth a bit yellow after drinking it consistently. I am and have always been a health nut, but I do indulge ALL the time hehe. I live for pizza, but I always have veggies on it, extra sauce, and make sure its thin crust. I also eat Sun Chips instead of real chips. I love hot chocolate with whipped cream at night...which is better than ice-cream and cocoa is very high in antioxidants! I love pasta but make sure its whole grain, I bake my french fries, and also eat tons of veggies and fruits.

yeah, I hate that tea makes your teeth yellow, coz I can't live without it:(

lol. I wish you good luck!
I've been telling myself I should eat healthier but I can never keep away from nutella more than a day... ^^"

Nutella is the least of my worries lol. I am one of those people who just does not stop eating.And I mean ever. Even now,I'm eating a large bowl of pasta salad,coleslaw with 2 bags of crisps,none of which is doing me any good. I think for starters I need to only eat when I'm hungry,is that right? Because that might kill me,I don't think I've ever felt hungry :innocent:

I hate my habit to eat when I am bored or when I have nothing to do. It just makes me fat.

^me too. I'll just keep getting up off the couch every 5 or 10 minutes to grab another snack. Now I'm finally trying to eat a small meal every 3 hours, with no snacking in between. We'll see how long it lasts, haha.

I do eat pretty healthy, I love whole grains, egg whites, fruit, and yogurt. But I indulge all the time, I'm a candy addict and can't go a week without it!

^me too. I'll just keep getting up off the couch every 5 or 10 minutes to grab another snack. Now I'm finally trying to eat a small meal every 3 hours, with no snacking in between. We'll see how long it lasts, haha.

I do eat pretty healthy, I love whole grains, egg whites, fruit, and yogurt. But I indulge all the time, I'm a candy addict and can't go a week without it!

Haha thats simiar to me.Im a candy addict too.And that suks...I try to eat healthy but.damn.."Milkyways" and "Snickers" always look at me like little babies and tell "buyy me" and I cant resist.Thats when my "healthy diet" is over..:doh::(

i've recently started eating a whole wheat bagel with tofu cream cheese for breakfast in the morning. I haven't noticed any weight gain and they keep me full FOREVER but I can't help but feel that somehow I am being really unhealthy - bagels have such a bad stigma attached to them!!! anyone have any insights? i don't really want to give up my bagels...

i think whole wheat is healthy, its not the best thing to eat but if you eat it the way you do it wont affect your weight or health.

i started doing some little things a few months ago like using whole wheat pasta instead of regular and it tastes exactly the same.

also wanted to cut out on red meat and decided to incorporate soy in them. i mix one part 90% fat free ground beef with one part boiled, drained soy and a whole lot of herbs and spices and they taste sooooooooooo good and i only cook them with pam or similar, i also buy whole wheat buns or if i cant find them i just buy smaller buns and replace the fries with a caesar salad with low fat caesar dressing. i can tell you how good this meal is, plus it gets cheaper because soy is cheap and now the beef lasts for two meals instead of one!

yeah, bagels are fine. They have a bad rep because they have lots of carbs and are somewhat high in calories. But they aren't "bad" for you, lots of fiber, protein, and whole grain.

I eat bagels pretty regularly, great before a workout. I just make sure to take the calories into account. :flower:

Haha thats simiar to me.Im a candy addict too.And that suks...I try to eat healthy but.damn.."Milkyways" and "Snickers" always look at me like little babies and tell "buyy me" and I cant resist.Thats when my "healthy diet" is over..:doh::(

I always keep high quality dark chocolate and usually some kind of nut ... more satisfying and better for you than candy bars. (Actually I consider both quite good for me :wink:)

I don't think there's anything really wrong with a whole wheat bagel if the calories work for you ... what would be better for you is a whole grain cereal like steel-cut oatmeal rather than flour ... but it's not bad.

Unfortunately I can really tell the difference with whole grain pasta ... but I do get it in restaurants sometimes.

Instead of beef I get ground bison, which is from a wild herd that ranges across quite a few states here in the US. Because it's grass-fed and wild, it's much better for you than corn-fed beef (not a natural diet at all) & has very little fat ... it also has more flavor. People think all the flavor in meat comes from the fat, but that's just not true ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Things I try to eat (more or less) healthy:
  • When eating pastry - only whole wheat or spelt.
  • No pork or beef - only chicken or turkey.
  • Always have breakfast! At least for me, it's probably the most important meal of the whole day. Some fruits with granola and joghurt + a cup of tea (without sugar)
  • Moreover, I always try to have some water with me. Because driking enough throughout the whole day is defenitely important I think.

My new healthy eating philosophy:

no dairy
no gluten
limit my sugar (as in I am going to try and avoid refined sugar, honey, evaporated cane juice and whatever other ways they try and phrase it)
lots of water

I'm not going to be super strict but i'm going to really try and make choices according. Anyone else in to the g-f/d-f free diet?

how can tea be bad?

Dont worry ! Tea isnt bad. Just dont use sugar or honey u can use "zero calorie sweetness" Tea is good if u have problems to drink much water and if u want to lose weight its the best way to feel full without drinking calories

My new healthy eating philosophy:

no dairy
no gluten
limit my sugar (as in I am going to try and avoid refined sugar, honey, evaporated cane juice and whatever other ways they try and phrase it)
lots of water

I'm not going to be super strict but i'm going to really try and make choices according. Anyone else in to the g-f/d-f free diet?

i couldnt give up dairy, i inly changed milk to low fat and cheese to a lower fat cheese, im not sure how to translate it to english, i used to eat too much gouda:blush:

giving up on anything sweet is easy work for me since i dont like sweets or chocolate (im a weirdo i know) but im actually forced to eat those since i have low blood sugar so i have to eat sugar regularly or i pass out:doh:

^For me,changing to low fat milk is a good switch :wink: I change between low fat and soya milk. I'm still yet to find a soya milk that I really like.

My healthy food phase lasted all of...maybe 30 minutes? :lol:

actually the best breakfeast are fruits like an apple, with fat free yoghurt. Or if u need some more energy cuz of work, school etc. u can add muesli to your yoghurt or have a slice of wholegrain bread or toast with fat free spread cheese. thats my suggestion:wink:

It's so weird! When I feel like Im getting sick, I eat a bunch of fruits & feel beter

I know this sounds soooo weird, but when I feel like I'm getting sick, or have a slight fever, or light headed or whatever - I always stuff a bunch of fruits in my mouth throughout the whole day and then start feeling totally normal again!

Like this morning for example, I felt really messed up, light headed, a little fever and I went and got a salad & sliced up a bunch of fruits: apples, tangerine, mango, strawberries, raspberries... and an hour later I was fine :smile:

So I was just wondering if there are any other weirdos like me out there :smile: I was also thinking, maybe I'm Diabetic, but isn't that the opposite? Being Diabetic means you have too much sugar in your blood no?

Anyhoo!
Im out - drop a comment!
-Joey

ps: image by Chef Boyordee :smile:

No sorry, do not think your fruits are blessed. Fruits are charged with the best nutrients and antioxidants and vitamins or body needs. But then again yes, organic fruits and vegetables and everything good that comes out from the earth is blessed for God put it here for a reason. :flower:

I strongly recommend that you watch the documentary:

The Beautifully Truth.

It is amazing, and maybe you will be depressed for days for having learned such beautiful truths.

Watch the film, it is related to good nutrition and diet, fruits specially.

Everyone it is time to be different! F*CK McDonalds and Junk FOODS! They are truly slowly killing us .... SO ALL watch the FILM : The Beautiful Truth.

I want you all to also share it with your loved ones, at least if you care about your health.

Good Heakth to all,

:heart:

AmpopBoy.

I read the cereal box before stuffing my face ... No wonder I sometimes would feel weak and tired right after... :shock:

I want to go to EL GRULLO ... Just to learn how to be healthier and to also tell others how to be healthier.

http://www.elgrullodar.com/english.html

I also want to learn! :woot: So if I have kids ... they will be as healthy as possible.

Good Luck to all!
Eat right! Organic is the new black.

xoxo,
AmpopBoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back