Baby food - healthy snack?

Funny how I have never ever ate baby food :lol: :lol: I bought them for food donations. I will try them this week :lol:

Guessgirl96 said:
I like these gerber banana puff things. They're a good snack that kind of fulfill my bread/cracker cravings and only have about 15-20 cal per a good handful
lol yes! gerbers graduates finger foods!
ahahah i love those

The YoBaby yogurts are delicious too - I love the vanilla/banana and peach/pear. The apple/blueberry are a little weird, though it could be my matching food problem, and not the actual yogurt :smile:

My mom used to give us homemade baby food, when we were babies, and I could make my own, but I think I'm more likely to eat it if it's already there. I use the little jars for bud vases in the spring and summer :smile:

Haha. I just stumbled on this thread today. In college, I used to eat the plum and apricto baby food all the time. My roomies thought I was insane until they tried it and loved it too! My mom used to buy it for me and my sister all the time all throughout adolescence because we loved it so much. My sister loved the banana. The Gerber apple juice is really good too. I think I might have to pick some up tomorrow. :smile:

I don't like the mushy stuff but i like the rusks .. what do you call those biscuit-y thingies? Those melt in your mouth. Yum!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow! I didnt know this was such a phenomenon of sorts, LOL. I will definetely try this.

Last edited by a moderator:
modelbehavior228 said:
this is gonna sound funny, but I LOVE gerber's mashed potatoes. Very yummy :smile:

I've never had them, but I am definitely not above trying them out! :lol:

yes, the YoBaby yogurts are great. their sooo thick and creamy. where i live now, there is no cream of wheat, which i really was craving, so i noticed something that looked like it in the baby food isle, which i might buy. also, i found baby crackers too, which were in individual packs and like 15 calories per pack. their not amazingly delicious, but its a good portable snack.

i wish i could only eat that stuff ! i just love baby food and all my friends laught @ me when i say it *hate them LOL* My favs are fruits things and juices *yummy*

I don't understand how something prepackaged and coming out of a factory would be any healthier than say mashed bananas or whatever. I think just eat fruit and veg -better than buying stuff and funding corporations who have nobodies interests at heart but their own.

^ I think the great thing about babyfood is that it is prepackaged, so you can bring it anywhere with you. Yes, fresh fruit is always best, but sometimes you just need a grab-and-go kind of snack.

Fresh fruits and vegetables are of course the "perfect natural snack", but since I'm a stressed out student, I find it much more comfortable to munch on a little jar fruit puree between classes at university instead of starting to peel oranges, mangoes, etc....^_^
By the way, I tried some kind of tomato pasta by two different brands, one was a fine little savoury snack, but the other was just :sick:

hehe...this thread is so cute. I love baby food. I have a baby myself so I snack with him at the same time. It satifies my sugar cravings.

SiennaInLondon said:
I don't understand how something prepackaged and coming out of a factory would be any healthier than say mashed bananas or whatever. I think just eat fruit and veg -better than buying stuff and funding corporations who have nobodies interests at heart but their own.

Although I agree it cant be healthier than plain fruit, I dont see what it has to do with funding corporations only intrested in themselves. Unless your growing the bananas yourself you'll be funding some corporation thats most likley currupt just as well.

It's the same with dog and cat food....corporations with very clever marketing campaigns that create consumer reliance, creating fear that not using their product will result in harm. People are afraid that their children won't get enough nutrients if they don't use the "specially tested" formula by the baby food companies. Just how dog and cat owners are told their pets will get sick if they don't adhere to the "strictly tested and formulated" pet food diet.

It works all too well.

Guessgirl96 said:
Although I agree it cant be healthier than plain fruit, I dont see what it has to do with funding corporations only intrested in themselves. Unless your growing the bananas yourself you'll be funding some corporation thats most likley currupt just as well.

Well yes and no. I think we live in an age where there is so much variety, one can always go for the ethically grown, packaged and fairtrade banana. And even if we don't, we are paying for the fruit, not the fruit, plus the glass jar, plus the machine that mashed it, plus the sticker on said jar. It is totally totally unnecessary. Of course if you went for ethical baby food fine. But you are straying from necessity and I believe that is when we overcomplicate and overstress our lives. Not to mention overstress the planet.

And am I the only one who finds fruit totally portable?

misssakura said:
It's the same with dog and cat food....corporations with very clever marketing campaigns that create consumer reliance, creating fear that not using their product will result in harm. People are afraid that their children won't get enough nutrients if they don't use the "specially tested" formula by the baby food companies. Just how dog and cat owners are told their pets will get sick if they don't adhere to the "strictly tested and formulated" pet food diet.

It works all too well.

I find it scary. I was amazed that there is vegetarian dog food. I think the necessity of meat eating for any animal is a myth. An addictive one though (I am not vegetarian I'd like to point out, much as I try)

And what I find scarier is how they are using the new eco-awareness to cut down on civil liberties (i.e. by putting meters in people's bins to find out what they throw away), build new corporations (companies that advise rich people on how to reduce their carbon footprints), impose taxes on people (passenger tax on aircraft) BUT big business, gets away scott free.

TheKiwi said:
^ I think the great thing about babyfood is that it is prepackaged, so you can bring it anywhere with you. Yes, fresh fruit is always best, but sometimes you just need a grab-and-go kind of snack.

most fresh fruit is pre-packaged too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->