Hedi Slimane - Designer, Creative Director of Celine

Calling you all bullies was my polite way of saying you all are a bunch of mean c*nts.

Of course it's hilarious that you think it's ok to publicly roast someone for the way they dress (which is really juvenile and petty) but when someone drops the B-word suddenly you are outraged!
Instead of the german Mutterlein you should change your name to the german Gutmensch (A person who demonstrates an exaggerated conformity or propriety, especially in an irritatingly arrogant or smug manner. furthermore a person who has a naive and unreflected conviction of their own moral superiority )

with love :-)

Just a hint: SAs at Chanel ara saying that Hedi Slimane will not be the new creative director.
I think this is probably based on le figaro interview with Bruno Paslovsky: I wouldn’t take it for real as SAs aren’t exactly corporate and really don’t know what’s happening at Rue Cambon. Certainly Hedi passed time in New York in May not just for shooting his portrait series for CELINE but could very well have an interview with the Weirthmeiners.

It’s maybe the genius of his talent as a CD/Stylist but this look could have been designed by MGC…

There’s such a thing as high quality Polyester and cheap cotton.
Everything depends on a designer attachment to standards. I can be very critical on many things with Hedi but quality is not one of them. And fabric development is a thing in fashion. That’s how we end up with high quality polyester that has sometimes a better quality than natural fabrics because unfortunately, natural fabrics don’t have the same lasting power as they once had. And some fabrics that weren’t in the best quality back then, with technology, are better now.
This new mini report doc on quality of fabrics decline with the rise of fast fashion is full of great points and facts, shows also the differences that are not so noticeable or often not talked about with better designers or vintage pieces versus Zara & co :

There i small part with Celine (Hedi/Phoebe) cameo lol in it

Do we even know for certain that his contact is up soon? Or that this is the first time his contact with Celine has been up for renegotiation? 2018-2025 seems long for an initial contract, even for someone with a reputation for selling well at previous gigs.

Do we even know for certain that his contact is up soon? Or that this is the first time his contact with Celine has been up for renegotiation? 2018-2025 seems long for an initial contract, even for someone with a reputation for selling well at previous gigs.
Nobody knows in reality.
He probably signed a 5 years contract initially but he is loved by the Arnault so any extension could be possible.

SAs in stores, stores managers shares infos about his departure but in reality, nobody is there for negociations so it’s a mystery game…Even more now that Celine is pushing the beauty and lifestyle aspect harder.

I imagine that they probably initially signed him for 4-5 years and recently renewed for another 4-5 years. I don't think he's going to be leaving Celine for a couple of years.

Even more now that Celine is pushing the beauty and lifestyle aspect harder.

Really, Hedi's the perfect person to see Celine through the expansion to lifestyle and beauty. When people ask, reasonably, "Why is Celine selling pet supplies?" and "Why is Hedi Slimane selling soap?", he will just plow forward with "DOG ACCESSORIES HAVE BEEN AN IMPORTANT SPECIALTY AT THE ANCIENT AND NOBLE HOUSE OF CELINE SINCE 1867, WHEN HELENA VIPIANA WAS HAVING AN ESPRESSO ON HER PORCH AND SPOTTED SOMEONE WALKING A DOG. OVER ONE HUNDRED YEARS LATER, HELENA'S GRANDDAUGHTER, CELINE VIPIANA, WAS SITTING AT HER DESK REVIEWING INVENTORY SPREADSHEETS WHEN SHE HEARD A DOG BARK OUTSIDE AND WONDERED WHAT BREED IT WAS.

TODAY, CREATIVE/ARTISTIC/STYLISTIC/PHOTOGRAPHIC/CASTING DIRECTOR HEDI SLIMANE, WHO ALSO SAW A DOG ONCE, DURING HIS YOUTH IN PARIS, WHICH HE SPENT ALONE BEING SKINNY AND LAYING ON HIS BED LISTENING TO THE PROVOCATIVE AND EXPERIMENTAL UNDERGROUND MUSICIAN DAVID BOWIE BUT ALSO WALKING AROUND PARIS WITH HIS FRIENDS SMELLING THINGS HE WOULD LATER NAME PERFUMES AFTER, PAYS TRIBUTE TO OUR FOUR-LEGGED FRIENDS WITH CELINE'S NEW BARK DE TRIOMPHE LINE.

CELINE'S DOG COLLARS ARE MADE OF THE FINEST ALLIGATOR (ALLIGATOR MISSISSIPPIENSIS) AND ARE SAFE FOR EXTENDED WEAR BY DOGS AND EMO HEDIBOYS ALIKE." until everyone just accepts it as unremarkable that Hedi Slimane signs off on dog toys for Celine in between making experimental short films of people in skinny pants to pass off as fashion shows and building the most OCD fragrance line known to man.

Really, Hedi's the perfect person to see Celine through the expansion to lifestyle and beauty. When people ask, reasonably, "Why is Celine selling pet supplies?" and "Why is Hedi Slimane selling soap?", he will just plow forward with "DOG ACCESSORIES HAVE BEEN AN IMPORTANT SPECIALTY AT THE ANCIENT AND NOBLE HOUSE OF CELINE SINCE 1867, WHEN HELENA VIPIANA WAS HAVING AN ESPRESSO ON HER PORCH AND SPOTTED SOMEONE WALKING A DOG. OVER ONE HUNDRED YEARS LATER, HELENA'S GRANDDAUGHTER, CELINE VIPIANA, WAS SITTING AT HER DESK REVIEWING INVENTORY SPREADSHEETS WHEN SHE HEARD A DOG BARK OUTSIDE AND WONDERED WHAT BREED IT WAS.

TODAY, CREATIVE/ARTISTIC/STYLISTIC/PHOTOGRAPHIC/CASTING DIRECTOR HEDI SLIMANE, WHO ALSO SAW A DOG ONCE, DURING HIS YOUTH IN PARIS, WHICH HE SPENT ALONE BEING SKINNY AND LAYING ON HIS BED LISTENING TO THE PROVOCATIVE AND EXPERIMENTAL UNDERGROUND MUSICIAN DAVID BOWIE BUT ALSO WALKING AROUND PARIS WITH HIS FRIENDS SMELLING THINGS HE WOULD LATER NAME PERFUMES AFTER, PAYS TRIBUTE TO OUR FOUR-LEGGED FRIENDS WITH CELINE'S NEW BARK DE TRIOMPHE LINE.

CELINE'S DOG COLLARS ARE MADE OF THE FINEST ALLIGATOR (ALLIGATOR MISSISSIPPIENSIS) AND ARE SAFE FOR EXTENDED WEAR BY DOGS AND EMO HEDIBOYS ALIKE." until everyone just accepts it as unremarkable that Hedi Slimane signs off on dog toys for Celine in between making experimental short films of people in skinny pants to pass off as fashion shows and building the most OCD fragrance line known to man.
This kind of explanation could be applied to Rick Owens too! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"DOG ACCESSORIES HAVE BEEN AN IMPORTANT SPECIALTY AT THE ANCIENT AND NOBLE HOUSE OF CELINE SINCE 1867, WHEN HELENA VIPIANA WAS HAVING AN ESPRESSO ON HER PORCH AND SPOTTED SOMEONE WALKING A DOG. OVER ONE HUNDRED YEARS LATER, HELENA'S GRANDDAUGHTER, CELINE VIPIANA, WAS SITTING AT HER DESK REVIEWING INVENTORY SPREADSHEETS WHEN SHE HEARD A DOG BARK OUTSIDE AND WONDERED WHAT BREED IT WAS.

CELINE'S DOG COLLARS ARE MADE OF THE FINEST ALLIGATOR (ALLIGATOR MISSISSIPPIENSIS) AND ARE SAFE FOR EXTENDED WEAR BY DOGS AND EMO HEDIBOYS ALIKE."
I forgot how tiring it is to read whole paragraphs of text in uppercase.

I wonder how much he will be paid. I think he might possibly have the best contract in the industry.
It was rumored that Raf's contract at Calvin Klein was $18 million a year (which seemed absurd at the time). So I'm guessing Hedi's is somewhere around there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->