Hedi Slimane - Designer, Creative Director of Celine

Do you have any inside info SLIMANE is going to CHANEL afterall?
no no i was joking saying i can imagine him doing this on his birthday .....so far my feeling is i will not be surprised if he ends up at Chanel

Chanel might feel solid now as its brand image is strong and known, but the wrong CD can also do a lot of damage see gucci mess and it can take years to recover or get a brand back on track both as a creative leader and the profitability on the commercial side.

I do agree with you: let’s see what happens next and if the Arnault want him to stay under the LVMH umbrella: I’d rather love to see him back at DIOR…

I do agree with you: let’s see what happens next and if the Arnault want him to stay under the LVMH umbrella: I’d rather love to see him back at DIOR…
If Dior then HC and RTW woman included not just mens again, would be more interesting in my opinion the complete vision aligned holistically.

So over brands having 10 different voices and things all looking like a version of another version raf x parada but is it raf or is it Prada but raf is inspired by prada but etc tec stuff like that is just circle j..ing ...if i buy something from Apple i know its Apple with Steve Jobs alive there or not same for many other brands outside of fashion only with fashion that has become so messy in the race for clouth and greed you have this endless aproation of ideas and styles and most of it does not stand for anything as a brand or product.

Mens summer still on display on CELINE Instagram: shot in December 2023. We all know 16 July winter is hitting the stores worldwide and two weeks ago he was shooting in Saint Tropez SS 2025. I think he’s staying @ CELINE until the end of 2024.

Still no report from his birthday: he hasn’t updated his DIARY since November 2023. I did really hope his birthday came with new information regarding his future projects….

Hedi Slimane and his individualism scare the sh*t out of me...Unexpectedly, he once pursued a career in journalism. As a journalist, I consider myself fortunate never to have had to meet such a taciturn and narcissistic colleague.:lucky:

i think the genius of hedi's celine is that it lives on peoples imaginations.

You can say that again... He seems to be like a pop star living rent free in people's heads. I don't really get it, he's too reclusive to make it worth the attention. I imagine that following the head of Lidl or Walmart would be equally rewarding.

If I take your stance, taking it back to the 70’s/80’s where you had Haute Couture, Designer RTW, Confection (people who wears clothes by their local couturier/seamstress) and RTW by Benetton or whatever.

Everybody at that time uses quality fabrics. What makes the difference between designer RTW, Haute Couture and the rest is the artistic value.

Haute Couture and HF is only defined in that way if there’s an artistic value, courtesy of a Couturier/stylist/designer. The same way, we talk about Gastronomie as opposed to simple « cuisine », because it’s signed by someone who added an artistic value to something.

A sweatshirt by APC is probably similar to a sweatshirt by Celine in terms of quality and execution. So quality isn’t an interesting point of reference.

The same way, Jacquemus is HF despite not being luxury and despite being of below standard quality.

The word « luxury » has been used to define « fashion » since Bernard Arnault became the Grand Maitre of the industry.

Luxury goes with extreme quality, extreme exclusivity and no compromission on standards. But the term luxury can be applied to a car, a pen, socks, shoes or dresses.

The status originally came from exclusivity. Now it comes from the feeling of belonging to a club, through a name and what it represents.

What Hedi is doing is HF because it is signed. His name and his standards are the added value for it. The Artistic value of his work is in the project itself, not in the products. The project is Celine.
One of the best responses I’ve seen on this site 👏👏👏

That’s why I love SLIMANE: he’ s not just selling a logo hoodie, a beautiful grain de poudre smoking jacket but also a vision from start to finish, a dream

What's the connection between Burton taking Givenchy and Hedi going to Chanel?

Love or Loathe: Senhora do Destino - GoldDerby

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenjay
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->