Hedi Slimane - Designer

So sad that Celine is now one of those what could-have-been like when he left YSL. Celine beauty was exactly where he left off at YSL and he will step into new territories with this project can you imagine little Celine counters in marble and wood all around the world? He for sure has a great 360 approach and if it had been paired with Lisa it will for sure rivals Tom Ford. Beauty is where it's at now and huge mark ups for sure. Bravo for always looking into the next game. They should have trusted his vision and ran with it.

Now that he's gone I'm curious to see the next approach with Rider. But wiping all the images is not a good sign. I hope he has a good plan but now for real the CEO will take control.

Celine could keep the current offerings for a few more years (there's still the Belt and Luggage from Phoebe) The hardware is already recognizable so it's only building up the offer and finding the new bags. RTW there's a great foundation already, outerwear you still see the influence of the chasseur jackets everywhere. SLG the belt is already a cash cow, it already became an influencer uniform. Shoes not really, I don't think there were any iconic shoes. The most important thing is the monogram, the pattern already rival other canvas walk in the streets and you see the LV, Godard, Dior or Celine. Anything else? He truly made great product foundations so hope they are smart enough not to burn it down.

Now for image, that's where it's tricky. Who will Rider work with? Who will style the show? Which model will become the face? Since he's friends with Jonathan Anderson and Alum of Phoebe hope he doesn't go for a typical choice and try to recreate another Old Celine brand. We have too much of that already.

Obviously she stayed at the end. They are not going to fire her because she spent most of her career in the group. Now that Celine is the third brand in the group, there’s nothing higher for her at this point.
And she probably read the article already. All the sources are anonymous anyway so it’s just a deep dive article on the subject.
I was mostly being dramatic to express surprise that LVMH seems to be, if not exactly blaming her, then at least separating itself as a whole from the problem. Or is something getting lost in translation?

There seems to be a lot of effort, especially with the timing of information, going into showing us that Hedi didn't just have a meltdown and storm out on bad terms.

Like they want us to speculate about whether Hedi is going to another LVMH brand. Then when that dies down, some new piece of info will come out.

SLG the belt is already a cash cow,
Those metal-tipped western belts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Children Surrender
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->