Hedi Slimane - Designer

I haven't tried any Hedi fragrances (and no plans to), and I love Tom Ford's ... but there is something to be said for a fragrance that doesn't obnoxiously last all night long. I find fragrance distracting, and don't really want it when I'm trying to sleep or accomplish things at home. I only put it on to go out, but then there's no off switch ...

I need to look at celines frags.

i personally need a good drydown that i can still smell into the next day.

some frags are ok for just bursts - like dsquared wood is so ridiculous it would make people nauseous if it had a long lasting smell. I love frags with cypress notes.

Here's the full article:
Alaïa and Celine Shows in Paris on July 2 Poised to Overlap
The two brands have scheduled off-calendar runway displays only 30 minutes apart.

JUNE 14, 2023, 3:08PM

DOUBLE TIME: Fashion editors and other professionals in Paris on July 2 might find themselves wishing they could be in two places at the same time: Alaïa and Celine have scheduled off-calendar runway shows only 30 minutes apart.

It seems logistically impossible to attend both: Normally shows are scheduled at least one hour apart during official fashion weeks to allow sufficient time for participants to attend all events.

As reported, the Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode published its provisional couture-week calendar on June 5, with 32 houses scheduling fall 2023 runway shows between July 3 and 6.

In concert with that, the federation noted that two houses would show spring 2024 ready-to-wear collections on July 2, with Patou taking a 6 p.m. spot and Alaïa following with an 8 p.m. show time.

The federation does not manage off-calendar shows, but it had noted the Alaïa event as that house is, like Celine, a member.

The federation declined to comment on Wednesday.

On Monday, Celine sent out a save-the-date for its summer 2024 Celine Homme show, scheduled for July 2 at 8:30 p.m. The brand has yet to communicate the venue and declined further comment.

Contacted on Wednesday, a spokesman for Alaïa said that it is not able to move the time or location of its July 2 show.

It is understood the fashion house, controlled by luxury group Compagnie Financière Richemont, required special permissions for its show venue, which cannot be altered.

Celine, part of larger luxury rival LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, often presents its collections outside regular fashion weeks.

Paris Fashion Week for the spring 2024 menswear collections is scheduled for June 20 to 25 in the French capital.

Last season Celine presented its menswear collection at Paris nightclub Le Palace almost three weeks after the European men’s shows wound up. By contrast, Celine creative and image director Hedi Slimane had unveiled his fall 2023 women’s collection for Celine on Dec. 8 in Los Angeles, months before official fashion weeks in New York, London, Milan and Paris.

Alaïa also has a penchant for operating on its own schedule — and with unusual seasonal nomenclature. The house, helmed by Belgian designer Pieter Mulier, paraded its “summer-fall 2023” collection on Jan. 27 in Antwerp, right after the spring 2023 haute couture collections in Paris.

The collection to be presented on July 2 is dubbed “winter-spring 2024.”
Source: WWD

It reminds of the Spring 2018 season. Olivier Theyskens had his show scheduled for 7pm, while Saint Laurent, who was holding their first ever show in the Trocadéro, was scheduled for 8pm.

Now here's the issue:
Fashion shows always start late (usually by 30 minutes) with the exception of one house: Saint Laurent. With half an hour of travel between the two venues and Saint Laurent choosing to close the doors to their venue at 7:45, Theyskens was forced to show his collection "on time" to half of his intended audience.

Also I know a lot of people dislike what he did with the fragrances because of their projection/longevity or lack thereof, but after wearing them pretty much almost exclusively for the past several months, I kind of prefer it to the way other fragrances wear? I wore one of my Penhaligon's fragrances yesterday for the first time in forever and felt kind of overpowered by its strength and how long it lasted. Kind of digging the idea of the more intimate scents. But then again they're like 400 f*cking dollars
black tie smells so insanely good and actually has decent projection/longevity for a celine fragrance. I do really like his “subtle scent” philosophy, although a few of them (bois dorman in particular) feel like you’ve sprayed nothing at all. which is crazy for $400

black tie smells so insanely good and actually has decent projection/longevity for a celine fragrance. I do really like his “subtle scent” philosophy, although a few of them (bois dorman in particular) feel like you’ve sprayed nothing at all. which is crazy for $400
Because of Bois Dormant's subtlety (probably because of me going noseblind to it easily), there's that come hither type of quality that makes me yearn and search for it when I wear it. I feel like the volume harmonizes with how melancholic it can feel.

If I had to use a sound to describe it, I would use this rendition of Music When The Light Go Out:

It also recently won the best niche perfume for the Fragrance Foundation France awards:
353840969_636184945206763_8264364989096224374_n.jpg

It's funny, because I purchased Black Tie when it was first launched and didn't wear it because it last long. However, now, with any of the fragrances from the line I wear people compliment me throughout the day and I often get whiffs of it myself.

6d528d08740f9a328dff4ae1e86de25b

A love affair abandoned while there’s still heat, before its course has run, remains an unwieldy hurdle in the heart. You’re left with an ache for something not fully savoured when it was safe in your grasp. The passion gnaws while the regret sharpens. Memories lodge like a bullet in muscle; wistful what-ifs hobble your hesitant steps away from the scene of the crime. Did you blow it? Did they? Or did you both just narrowly save yourselves?

Bois Dormant, the new eau de parfum from French fashion house Celine, embodies this quiet force of longing. Green, bitter juniper is soothed by powdery clouds of iris butter. There’s an earthy rasp of vetiver roughing up cedar’s comforting smoothness. The trail persists in your wake, subtly, long after you were first lured by its soft voice. Bois Dormant smells expensive, which is only right because you always pay a price when you don’t pursue your desire to the very end of the story.

Muffled and melancholy, this ‘sleeping wood’ conjures the whisper of leaves on a forest floor as you slip between autumn trees, their branches nearly bare. It’s the smell of paper covered in the scrawl of a love letter. The words may yet have power, but they no longer apply to you.
Yahoo is part of the Yahoo family of brands

Where was it supposed to be ?

“Due to the events of recent days and to avoid any potential risk for the safety of our guests and our team, we regret to inform you that we are cancelling the Celine Homme summer 2024 show, which was due to be held at La Gaité Lyrique this Sunday, July 2 at 8:30 p.m.,” the LVMH-controlled fashion house said in a brief statement emailed to invited guests.

Celine Cancels Men’s Show Amid Paris Unrest – WWD

“Due to the events of recent days and to avoid any potential risk for the safety of our guests and our team, we regret to inform you that we are cancelling the Celine Homme summer 2024 show, which was due to be held at La Gaité Lyrique this Sunday, July 2 at 8:30 p.m.,” the LVMH-controlled fashion house said in a brief statement emailed to invited guests.

Celine Cancels Men’s Show Amid Paris Unrest – WWD

Thanks, that's weird because nothing happened in the Haut-Marais..

It makes sense…
Tbh from a political POV, having a fashion show, an after-party that will generate a lot of media attention in this climate would be in very bad taste…

And If I remember, La Gaité Lyrique is not far from Les Halles and that whole area where there were lootings and stuff.

There’s a potential risk of having a big event at night, so he was clever.

‘Maybe he needs to film the show and release the images. It will be too complicated to postpone the show due to Couture week.

La Chambre Syndicale needs to see how they will handle this week.

I can’t blame Hedi for being responsible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kandp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->