Hedi Slimane leaves Dior Homme

DontSleep

Reaction score
This could be nothing more than fashion gossip

Dear Shaded Viewers,
This is definitely neither confirmed nor a fact ....but strong echos have it that this could very well be the final Dior Homme collection designed by Hedi Slimane. This rumor has been circulating ever since Galliano presented his signature men's wear collection and obviously it was a bit premature. The fashion buzz has it that YSL has offered Hedi Slimane creative control of both the men's and women's collections. Underscore - this is still a rumor. If it turns out to be valid, confirmation no doubt will appear first in Suzie Menkes' column in the IHT.
Meanwhile everyone is looking forward to the Dior Homme show today.
Later,
Diane

from http://dianepernet.typepad.com/

Well, he did always say his heart does lie with YSL. He really made his name there but he ran when Gucci took over (and thats a quote from Feb UK Vogue who's run an article on him) He said his days at YSL felt like family. From the article I got the impression him and Tom F didn't really see eye to eye. Maybe its possible he's going back...

i seriously dont believe this.. also quite amazed to see how 'popular' and supposedly 'credible' Diane's blog has become.

thanks for bringing this in DontSleep :wink:

:lol:hahaha...this must be the most stupid rumour i've ever heard:lol:

:heart:Pilati is the best:heart: no one can take his place, deffinetily not Mr Slimane

Right now Slimane and Pilati are both hits at their current houses...... I see no point in seeing any of them change places....

I am almost sure this cannot be true...

This was also reported by Ben Widdicombe (formerly of Hintmag's Chic Happens) in the New York Daily News this week. Maybe he saw it on Diane's blog, but he cited a private source that basically said that there may be truth to this rumor. It's really shocking and bizarre. Pilati is an amazing hit and it would be sad to see him leave.

what makes me confused is the hidden homage to YSL in Slimane show, for example:
r830986132.jpg
=
yslparis11R.jpg
+
12-01.jpg

&

capt.xfm12201312117.france_fashion_dior_xfm122.jpg
=
yslparis1R.jpg

that is beside the rain coats, poleros & the matador look.

& on the other hand PILATI held his show on the same stage that Yves used to show his couture shows on...I mean is he sending kind of a hidden massege by doing such a move????

capt.xpg11701291737.france_fashion_saint_laurent_xpg117.jpg
=
attachment.php

pic: yahoo, 1st view , westel.hu & getty

Last edited by a moderator:
Pilati could certainly ressurect YSL couture with Yves' blessing and leave the PAP to Slimane. Nice combo really.

there is certainly a striking resemblance to ysl in this latest dior homme collection..

could be hedi is trying to get more $$$ out of dior???...

:innocent:

If this was his last season it wasn't a very nice way to go out.:innocent: YSL needs help anyway.

^^^ Yes... And even though Pilati is doing a great job, Hedi could create more buzz about YSL than Pilati can, since he's become more of a designer star, and probably would generate more sales...

dhclam posted this in the Dior Homme AW 06.07 thread

insider's news direct from showroom:
Hedi Slimane has just renewed his contract with DH, and will surely be having new projects coming out, and they are all in his mind. Regarding this season's change, he just wanna let people know that he's still capable to keep the ideas of making "couture for men", and bring it to life.
To those who don't like the evening look, there will be lots of tees, sneakers and jeans, plus, bags are gonna be major and well-made. We'll see if your buyers from your city be capable to choose the things that you want....BTW, eveybody like the song very much, myself included.

softgrey said:
could be hedi is trying to get more $$$ out of dior???...

:innocent:

I think that's what this is really about. Good timing as Slimane negotiates his new contract.

changing the direction too many times in such a short period of time would weaken the house of YSL .....

........I'd like to see Hedi back at YSL:woot: ... but not now... at least after 2 years...& lets enjoy what's Stefano doing at the moment

i think this isn't a valid rumour..not with the way ysl has been doing with pilati and all...

i think that hedi slimane is right for dior homme and stefano pilati is right for ysl. i'd be devastated to see pilati leave ysl, i hope he doesn't until he's in his 70's!:flower:

tott said:
^^^ Yes... And even though Pilati is doing a great job, Hedi could create more buzz about YSL than Pilati can, since he's become more of a designer star, and probably would generate more sales...

I couldn't agree more. YSL seems to have slipped into obscurity after Ford's departure...:ninja:

I think it would be perfectly natural for HS do get back to YSL. Does it make any sense to create an entire collection full of references to YSL with the Dior label on it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->