Hedi Slimane leaves Dior Homme

Volume, "the illusion of weight", play with proportion/shiloutte is what makes fashion fun.

Crakk said:
Why would one want to wear huge, heavy clothing, when one is thin? That makes no sense to me. I am all about fitted, tailored to a tee. It is all about being as skinny as possible, thinner clothing suits the look because there is no extra material creating the illusion of weight.

^Ha you wrote that with a smile on your face didnt you? Lol

!!!!

The only day I dont go shopping in Soho! It was so frickin' cold I couldnt leave my cozy W Broadway den.

Dont tease...

I wonder where he was staying...The Mercer a-la Lagerfeld? Soho Grand? 60 Thompson (I saw Pink and her husband Corey Hart there the other day)? So many uber-cool hotels around here.

"Why would one want to wear huge, heavy clothing, when one is thin? That makes no sense to me. I am all about fitted, tailored to a tee. It is all about being as skinny as possible, thinner clothing suits the look because there is no extra material creating the illusion of weight."

I consider myself very skinny, and love wearing huge tee's etc, it's all about the proportion/shiloutte for me, how i theme a huge vintage tee with skinnies, boots and a long scarf or necklace.

It was very interesting reading the Hedi Slimane-interview, i think he did one in Vogue UK some time ago too? hmm.. :unsure:

ilaughead said:
I think it's sweet that he thanked his models...for whatever reason with Hedi it doesn't even seem a little pedophiliac to me.
yeh he always seem to have a rapport with his models. He often spotted them himself and even the song 'these grey days' by Eight legs was chosen after being suggested by a model.

from wwd

HEADY ART: Hedi Slimane, the former Dior Homme designer, is readying for a series of art shows even as he contemplates a return to fashion with his own label. A Slimane spokesman told WWD the French designer is focusing on art projects and editorial photography in the immediate future. A solo show of Slimane's photography will bow at the Ellipse Foundation of Contemporary Art in Lisbon on May 25. The following month, he's curating a group exhibition at the Arndt & Partners Gallery in Berlin. Called "Sweet Bird of Youth," the installation will feature his own works as well as those by Terence Koh, Banks Violette and Ryan McGinley.

Anyway, from the WWD article, I'm excited. Especially by the name. "Sweet Bird of Youth". Sounds rather optimistic. That'd be a little bit different from what I'm used to seeing from Slimane. But then again, I may be getting the title's connotations wrong and it may be a gallery full of photographs of curtains. You never know!

It makes sense to me, I will follow him where ever he goes, if he goes.

The Hedi Slimane and Ryan McGinley match up sounds appropriate.

anyone know why it took so long for tom ford to get his label started? like 3+ years. i wonder what the hurtle for him was, considering that he was probably one of the most influential designers. let's hope that it doesn't take hedi nearly as long to get back in the game.

JUst realised how prophetic was the first post of this thread... :lol:

Concerning Hedi's books, my bf has got all of them, and, they are boring to hell... Curtains and rockstars and Courtney smoking cigarettes.... That's sad because I usually love designers' books, ie Dries Van Noten's big book and Raf's Redux and The Fourth Sex... But Hedi's books are very disappointing.

isn't that THE TRUTH:

pilati is leaving YSL. now

slimane is leaving Dior right now.

Dior is doing kris (!)

slimane is doing YSL men and women.

AND his own line.

Starting now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member