Hedi Slimane leaves Dior Homme

mass said:
anyone else think it would be interesting if slimane designed for hermes? well, nichanian is doing a pretty good (safe + conservative) job though, but hmm. does anyone even buy it? it's so expensive (of course).

I had never thought of that! That could actually be a really interesting combination. Hedi could get all the quality craftsmanship he wanted, and Hermès could get the "edge" of their RTW. However, the aesthetics of the two are very different; Hedi is a lot sleeker.

Hedi isn't anything for Hermés, they are to different, like milk and oil.

homeboy said:
Hedi isn't anything for Hermés, they are to different, like milk and oil.
Actually, I think Hedi would almost work. They aren't completely different, Hedi is modern classic while Hermes is classic. That would be quite interesting though the Hermes man would fly like a vampire before garlic...

Actually, I doubt the average male customer would fit into something Hedi made...unless of course, Hedi decides to make clothes for fatties...where am I going to find a size 44 or 46 blazer for men now :ermm: maybe Balenciaga...

Obviously financially he doesnt need to but if Hedi wants to continue his career i really think he shoudl spend some time away. As i said earlier, he is somewhat typecast now and everyone just sees him as the 'dior designer who dressed skinny boys'. Maybe a year away designing,redesigning etc would do him good. Come back with a fresh outlook. It may even allow him to produce a more erudite collection rather than the mass produced and poorly made stuff he did at Dior.(apparently)

jpolla said:
Obviously financially he doesnt need to but if Hedi wants to continue his career i really think he shoudl spend some time away. As i said earlier, he is somewhat typecast now and everyone just sees him as the 'dior designer who dressed skinny boys'. Maybe a year away designing,redesigning etc would do him good. Come back with a fresh outlook. It may even allow him to produce a more erudite collection rather than the mass produced and poorly made stuff he did at Dior.(apparently)

You summed that all up better than I could, I agree.

I dont think Hedi should go anywhere, other than Chanel or Balenciaga, places where he will further the "skinny guy" designing. Skinny young men do not have many choices when it comes to designer clothing, IMO. Dior Homme was a welcome addition to a world that accomodated the "average" man.

Crakk said:
I dont think Hedi should go anywhere, other than Chanel or Balenciaga, places where he will further the "skinny guy" designing. Skinny young men do not have many choices when it comes to designer clothing, IMO. Dior Homme was a welcome addition to a world that accomodated the "average" man.

Why do you need to wear "skinny" clothes if you are skinny?

ETROsexualJ said:
Why do you need to wear "skinny" clothes if you are skinny?

This is one of the few occasions when I can actually agree with you.

I may willowy-er than some models, but I much prefer clothing that has some weight and volume of its own. Fit is important, but silhouette is, too.

It's fashion....don't be afraid one day to wear a skinny suit, the next day a volume adding Jil Sander jacket, the next a comfy and relaxed Cucinelli sweater, etc....

Well, sometimes skinny people need well tailored clothes that fit well and look modern and there simply isn't enough places that cater to the skinny people before...

I think he should take some time off, maybe a year, and plan to launch his own brand. His style is unique, and I think alot of consumers follow it; with his own line he would serve to that market.

I think he should take some time off, maybe a year, and plan to launch his own brand. His style is unique, and I think alot of consumers follow it; with his own line he would serve to that market.

Diorling said:
Actually, I think Hedi would almost work. They aren't completely different, Hedi is modern classic while Hermes is classic. That would be quite interesting though the Hermes man would fly like a vampire before garlic...

Hedi, classic? You've gotta be kidding me. He is at the far opposite of classic. he is very advantgarde, punkish and eccentric. There are some brand I could see him designing for but not Hermés.

homeboy said:
Hedi, classic? You've gotta be kidding me. He is at the far opposite of classic. he is very advantgarde, punkish and eccentric. There are some brand I could see him designing for but not Hermés.
He is modern classic, his designs are like the J12 watch. Apart from the skinny jeans some of his finest pieces will stand the test of time, and in 20 years guys will still be wearing VOTC and Luster and it will still be fresh and modern.

I think that's why Hedi was so special,because his clothes are just something else, they transcend trends, in some insane way he created the trends his clothes will live past. I would love to see a Hedi-fied Birkin, a polished leather w/ gunmetal hardware.

Dior Homme was truly a moment in fashion history, an era is over.

I would love to see a Hedi-fied Birkin, a polished leather w/ gunmetal hardware.

Dior Homme was truly a moment in fashion history, an era is over.
:o don't tease.

I ment exactly that, modern classic. He brought a feel for this. And yes, the designs were eccentric and punk-esque there is no doubt about that.

Now that I think about it, Hedi would be KILLER at Hermes. Think about it...Amazing leather jackets, think of the BAGS!! The SHOES! The scarves! The accessories!! Hedi should at least do a collaboration w/ Hermes, the idea is making me salivate. Also, Hermes signature orange would be sort of a play on Hedi's signature black...The shopping bags could lose the logo and just be a solid orange cube. The stores could become orange cubes with vertical strips of glass.

A gunmetal Birkin, a golden Kelly w/ a metal tophandle. Using old slouchy painted leather to make new Birkins w/ pave black diamond hardware. Damn, that would be SICK, riding boots with a gunmetal zip going up the back...

Better stop giving Hermes a new brand image and focus on my company and it's new brand image.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->