Hedi Slimane x DIESEL?

*sayan

front crow
Reaction score
picture1va5.png

Hedi-ing over?
There's yet more buzz about the future of former Dior Homme creative director Hedi Slimane. Rumors of his dramatic return to the LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton family after talks with chairman Bernard Arnault, or of an undefined collaboration with Diesel's Renzo Rosso, surfaced in December. Now, it seems, Diesel may be preparing to launch a Red Collection to be designed by Slimane. Although Diesel's Milan headquarters could not be reached for comment due to the May Day holiday, a collaboration with Slimane would fit in with Rosso's modus operandi. This year, Rosso launched the Diesel Black Gold collection to provide a more sophisticated option for his customer.

article via WWD

www.wwd.com
www.leblogluxe.com
www.referenceforbusiness.com

ooo...this sounds exciting!!!! would be a great collaboration.

OMG! Never a dull moment in fashion!

Talk about getting axed and getting back from the dead ... real life has nothing on "All my children".

oh, great. more skinny jeans! are you Hedi fans happy now? now y'alls can head over to Diesel to get your Hedi fix :lol:

They addressed this on frillr.com yesterday and apparently it's not true.

"Hedi Slimane is not designing a range for Diesel. WWD reported on rumors that Diesel is to launch the Red Collection designed by Hedi Slimane. The lined would have been aimed at high end shoppers. We hear there is no truth to this rumor. In fact, its totally inaccurate says the press office. I am excited for Hedi's return but I dream his return will be a namesake collection or something as expensive as his taste point eludes to be. ."

http://frillr.com/?q=node/7785

not true eh...

for some reason...slimane and diesel doesnt sound right together anyways.

just wait until the headline 'hedi slimane for target!' comes out. that would be a brawl

man and i actually could see this happening...

better than the diesel .x. addidas collabo that's for sure.

i'll be interested in seeing if this develops

Never going to happen. Hedi is at a point in his career where his next move is going to set the tone and direction for the rest of his career. To to a collaboration with a contemporary label would completely undercut all the good work he did.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

It's cheapening him. It's like if YSL worked w/ Dior and went to work for JCPenney, he wouldnt become who he is today.

Source | WWD Wednesday, May 7th

NOT SO FAST: Sources said talks between representatives of Renzo Rosso of Diesel and Hedi Slimane took place as recently as this past weekend, but Slimane's people insist no deal has been made — and may never be. Following reports Slimane may be tapped to design Diesel's new Red Collection, one of his representatives told WWD that the former Dior Homme creative director has "no interest at all in Renzo Rosso's group, let alone Diesel."
Oh snap:ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
^haha, oh yes, snap.

i agree with mjcouture and the-smiths, collabing with diesel will not get hedi anywhere

oooh....that's a bit of a cold response,no? i don't care much for that attitude because under Staff Intl.(not diesel) they've been doing some great things with margiela and now sophia kokosalaki.

Bullock! Why on earth would Hedi collaborate with a mainstream brand which would restrict his creativity in order to give the products a mass appeal?? I don't think Hedi is in the market for a compromised designer job.

Well, I'm not a fan of Diesel. Mr. Slimane has the potential to change that.

actually,homeboy,as i said,the aspect ran by renzo in staff intl. is not the same as the mass produced diesel lines. renzo has been doing some very interesting things in that for ages with alot of quirky talents. and i've come to respect rosso actually......unlike other brands,he hasn't betrayed the creative integrity of MMM. and we all know how staunch he is in his principles.

... now that the idea was growing on me... :innocent:

(thank god it isn't true!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->