Helena Christensen

Can't get over how hot Helena looks! Gotta hit the treadmill cause if a woman twice my age and a mother no less can look this amazing than maybe :unsure: i can too.

tlfan.to

i am speechless! wow...
not that id like to but i am quite surprised that Helena with that body never did anything for SI...
amazing... sadly, heatlhy and sexy is not fashionable at the moment because this body should be featured in the magazines as an example how you can look perfect with some exercise and healthy life style...

Helena Christensen out and about in Ischia with her son and I'm pretty sure thats Karolina Kurkova - July 12, 2011

tlfan.to

at the last pic she looks absolutely amazing... em1885 thank you so much! you are the BEST!

Helena Christensen: 'Like any woman, I worry about my body'

The supermodel talks about her glory days in the Eighties modelling for Versace, and her latest assignment as the face of lingerie label Triumph.

She got intimate with singer Chris Isaak on the beach for his Wicked Game music video; the late Gianni Versace said she had the most beautiful body in the world; and she ruled the catwalks at the height of the supermodels era in the late Eighties. In a word, Helena Christensen was It.

"It's incredible to have been part of fashion history - my whole career has been one big highlight," says Christensen, who still looks every inch the supermodel at 42, her lean figure clad in snug coral jeans and a purple blouse when we meet, her reddish-brown hair framing those famous emerald eyes. "I realise how incredible it is to have worked with so many iconic, inspiring, talented people, to see inside the empires of legendary designers. At the time, I would complain because I'd have stood for hours before an haute-couture show, but now I appreciate what I was part of."

Part of, yet consciously apart from, too: she could have lived the champagne lifestyle of Naomi Campbell and her peers - subjects off limits in this interview - but surprisingly chose to distance herself, focusing instead on her true love, photography. "It was never really about being a model," insists the half-Peruvian, half-Danish model, who was discovered aged 18 when she won Miss Denmark. "It was about learning photography in the most unique way I possibly could. I felt like I was in the best photography school in the world - I had Herb Ritts, Bruce Weber, Richard Avedon and Irving Penn teach me." Her fashion work has featured in Nylon , where she was briefly creative director, Marie Claire and Elle , while her travel photography has appeared in exhibitions for Oxfam.

Motherhood also proved a key factor in her decision to retire from the catwalk; in 1999, she gave birth to her son, Mingus. "Having Mingus was mind-blowing. It's like torture being woken up all night, and then having to function all day, but I have so much love for him." She's no longer with Mingus's father, the American actor Norman Reedus, but refuses to be drawn on her love life, perhaps wary after the tabloid intrusion when she was dating Michael Hutchence, the late INXS frontman, back in the Nineties.

Despite her reticence, that's not to say Christensen hasn't taken modelling assignments in recent years. She's appeared in French Vogue , Harper's Bazaar , Elle and i-D , and worked for brands as diverse as Habitat, Reebok, Walkers, Carlsberg and Specsavers, the lucrative allure of such assignments being hard to ignore. Her latest job is with lingerie label Triumph, which is launching a new premium range, Essence, to celebrate its 125th anniversary. In the campaign, Christensen shows that her trademark smoulder hasn't faded, posing in silky bras, corsets and Fifties-style high-waist knickers. As she enthusiastically describes how she'd wear certain pieces, talking knowledgably about fabric and detail, she admits to doing the campaign because of her "obsession with lingerie and finding the right fit".

Being photographed in her smalls for the campaign - and throughout her career - she's all too aware of the pressures of having to look good. "It's really intimidating to go on the beach in a bikini. If someone is painting neon circles around parts of your body, like those pathetic tabloid magazines, it makes me so angry. I can't believe that humans have sunk to this level; it's so ingrained, people are brainwashed with it."

She laughs off the idea of being bikini-ready as something that magazines use to make women worry, even if she herself has helped promote this idea over the years by appearing in them. "Magazines say we need to do all these crazy things in order to look better on the beach. The truth is, work out a bit and get firmer. Get a bathing suit you feel comfortable in. Try to eat a little less of the stuff you know will make you look less firm and don't start two days before you go."

Get set for the holidays

Easy for her to say with her famous curves as in demand as ever, I suggest. "It's not like wake up in the morning going, 'Oh I'm so perfect, I don't need to do anything'. Every [model] I know in this business has the same issues as every other woman, maybe more so. You can easily be made to feel self-conscious in this job."

She took up boxing a few years ago to help her stay in shape. "I box twice a week when I'm at home in New York. When I'm away, I'll try some pathetic attempt to do 10 push-ups and lunges in my hotel room, but I have this wall I need to get over in my mind before I can work out."

She's a big fan of the transformative power of products, but doesn't have any favourites, preferring "anything that is moisturising, the greasier the better. And I love skin tonic sprays for when I'm travelling."

And travel she does, using the opportunity to amass vintage clothes for her wardrobe. "If I have an hour in a city, I go to vintage stores first because it's so much cooler to find a piece that is unique. I love the thought of some girl having worn it before and living her life in it."

Whether she's giving a masterclass in colour-blocking or mooching around Manhattan in geek-chic specs and a vintage tea-dress, she's got great style. "I'm inspired by colours and quirky shapes and designs. I don't like feeling perfectly dressed-up; something has to be a little bit off. Being perfectly matched makes me feel uncomfortable. I ask Mingus his opinion on what I'm wearing and he's like, 'Mom, I'm an 11-year-old boy, how would I know these things?' He's got lots of interesting opinions about me. One moment it's like, 'Oh mum you're so pretty and awesome, I love you so much', and the next he's asking me not to dance around in front of his friends!"

As detached as Christensen was from the other supers, perhaps her biggest regret is not being in George Michael's Freedom , which starred Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington, Tatjana Patitz and Cindy Crawford. That could explain why she's appearing alongside Crawford, Campbell, Eva Herzigova and Yasmin Le Bon in a reprise, of sorts, for Duran Duran's new music video, Girl Panic! "It's cool to be in a video directed by one of the most innovative and exciting music video directors [Jonas Akerlund] around, with a band that made some of my favourite songs ever and hang out with four cool chicks. I mean, really?" Cover your eyes Mingus, it looks like the dancing isn't going to stop anytime soon.

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/news...sen-Like-any-woman-I-worry-about-my-body.html

as much as I adore Helena, most of these Triumph pictures are not any good... whoever photoshoped them should be sacked... photoshop is meant to be for making people more beautiful... what have they done to her nose?
those pix from the beach would have been better adverts...
having said that, I quite like a couple of them...
I still don't understand though? are these pictures ever going to be featured in the magazines?
Anyway, loved the interview, she is smart, sweet and funny as always...

Helena Christensen and Karolina Kurkova on the beach in Ischia on July 13, 2011.

radaronline.com

her body is just perfect... glad to see she is hanging around with Karolina... as I read in one of the magazines they're also attending some film festival...

Helena Christensen's My London by Hannah Nathanson, 15 Jul 2011

helenachristensen16358.jpg

The sizzling Dane buys men's clothes and art books in Covent Garden

Home is…
New York, but Copenhagen will always be my little nest.

What's your earliest London memory?
When I was 15 I came to London with my family and a friend. We decided that we were going to ditch school and work in A&R at a record company. I remember one night we went to the Marquee Club on Wardour Street with a bunch of punks and covered ourselves in make-up. My mum found out about it and came after us.

What was the last play you saw in London?
Rain Man at the Apollo Theatre with Josh Hartnett.

What advice would you give a tourist coming to London?

Stay as long as you can to fit everything in.

What's the first thing you do when you come to London?
I buy a coffee from Monmouth Coffee Company in Covent Garden because usually I'm jet-lagged.

What's your favourite meal in London?
It used to be liver, bacon and potatoes at The Ivy but they don't serve it any more. I go for the Cumberland sausages now.

Do you have a recurring dream?

I'm in a big, old, empty, rambling house with no furniture and a giant wild animal, usually a prehistoric tiger, which chases me around endlessly.

How would you like the opening line of your obituary to read?

'All in all, this lady managed to have a pretty cool life.'

Have you ever had a run-in with a London policeman?
A bobby? No. I used to have my photo taken with them when I was younger.

What's your biggest extravagance?

International phonecalls on my mobile.

What do you most like wearing?
Long skirts and little woolly sweaters, preferably vintage.

What was the last song you downloaded?

'Adapt' by Wire - I listen to the opening track when I attempt to run.

What animal would you most like to be?

Some alien-like deep-sea creature or a blackbird . Swimming or flying seems like a good alternative to what humans can do.

What are you up to at the moment?

I'm working with Oxfam. We recently opened an exhibition in Valencia showing photos I took in Nepal and Peru documenting the lives of people affected by climate change. I'm now organising the next trips to Ethiopia and Haiti.

Where do you stay in London?
The Covent Garden Hotel. It's nice to return to a place where you feel comfortable and cosy.

Which London outlets do you rely on?

I go to Coco de Mer for lingerie and Shu Uemura for make-up. I visit the vintage stores around Covent Garden to buy men's clothing. When I buy trousers, they're usually men's but in a small size. Liberty is great when you have little time; I also love the history and architecture of the building. Neal's Yard Dairy is an amazing cheese shop and I like to buy my books in Magma, both in Covent Garden.

Who are your heroes?
Stephen Hawking, Van Gogh and Albert Einstein - they're my mind-blowing heroes. I want that kind of intelligence.

Where were the last three places you went on holiday?
I took my son and his best friend to Harbour Island in the Bahamas for Spring Break, it was balmy and glorious. Earlier this year I went to Australia with a girlfriend because we're both very attached to the country. I also went to Melbourne Fashion Week while I was there. Then I was in Valencia to help set up my photography exhibition.

If you could live in any building in London, which would it be?
The Clock Tower at the Houses of Parliament would be fun. I'd probably stop Big Ben chiming so much, though.

What's your favourite London discovery?

The Natural History Museum's collection of deep-sea creatures.
thisislondon.co.uk

WOW! the first one was but not in HQ... the other two I haven't even seen before... this is so beautiful... I wish they were printed in magazines... what a shame bcos these stunning images should be publicised... Thank you so much!

'All in all, this lady managed to have a pretty cool life.' LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

On the cover of the August edition of the Danish magazine Eurowoman :flower:

268431_10150316752245255_12551685254_9854704_1182063_n.jpg

Source: facebook.

wow this is soooo beautiful! ah where am i going to find this now;-(???? I wonder is they sell it anywhere in London...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvtvi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->