Helena Christensen

WOW Thank you so much guys! you're the best!

I could not believe that I've missed that Style magazine when I saw it yday... but hopefully find it on ebay... but Eurowoman seems like a dilemmmmaaaaa....

both covers are so beautiful....

thanks for the Style editorial as well... it looks great esp the second pic...

The times Style shots are beyond beautiful:woot:, especially love her in the light blue dress, sexy!!:heart:

i knoooow, the blue dress shot is fantastic... sexy lady... ;-)

Helena Christiensen - Launches new 'Essence' for Triumph lingerie range in London July 21, 2011

tlfan.to

OMG! beautiful Helena... I hope to be lucky to meet her in London... ;-) Thank you!

Celebrating the Northern Brights

Each region of the world has produced a selection of beautiful faces, from the Brazilian bombshells to the Russian dolls. Specifically, Scandinavia and the northern Baltic states have provided fashion with a few muses that regularly stun designers and capture attention.
So as an ode to the models from the North, stylist Ingela Klemetz Farago paired with her husband, photographer Peter Farago, to create Northern Women in Chanel. Starring in the series are beauties including Carmen Kass, Freja Beha Erichsen, Helena Christensen, Suvi Koponen, and Dorothea Barth Jorgensen to name a few. Clothed in archived Chanel from the past 90 years, Peter captured the models’ essence, including a specific motivation for Helena. “Helena is a fashion icon, a true heroine that has had a huge impact on the fashion industry for a long time—over 20 years now!” explained the team. “We wanted to portray her in a very graphical and statuesque way, like a Greek goddess.”
Take a trip to Stockholm’s Fotografiska for a peek at the photography, snag the coffee table book, or wait for the exhibit to move to museums worldwide in the coming years, including New York in 2012!
modelinia

I love those candids! Helena is such a great beauty! Thanks for posting em1885.

another amazing shot of Helena from the book

youtstrikemyfancy

there's also the information about Helena shooting something at Johan Pettersson page... the styling is very different from anything we've seenr ecently so I guess we will be seeing something new soon;-) I am very excited;-)
newbloodagenc

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the updates KissMiss can't wait to see more of Helena's new projects (such a busy lady) :flower:

HQ

thebeautymodel.tumblr

15 minutes with Helena Christensen
By Emily Cronin, Thu 21 Jul 2011

15minuteswithhelenachri.jpg

ELLE spoke with Helena Christensen today on the occasion of the Triumph Essence lingerie launch (she’s an ambassador for the range). The model told us about growing into her super status, playing a drummer for Duran Duran and developing a new bodycare line. Read on for all the details...

And you started modelling at such an incredible moment for fashion and the modelling industry, with amazing peers. Why do you think supermodels became such a phenomenon when they did?

Sometimes, moments just happen to coordinate and work out. But I do think that if I was to say anything, we were allowed to just be ourselves. Each one of us had a very unique look in the sense that we looked different. There was no conformity about our look—and our personalities too, we had very different personalities, and emotionally and mentally we were different—but I think that that put together created this strong force of women. And no one told us to be any different. No one ever came up to me and said, “you need to reshape your body, to lose weight, or to be more outgoing, or less outgoing”. We were just allowed to be us, and I think at the end of the day, isn’t that the whole point of being a human being? To be allowed to be yourself, to be accepted the way you are? Ironically enough, in a business where a lot of styles and looks are dictated in some way, from the point of view of the media onto the audience, I think it’s so great that we got to just remain our quirky selves and have the body shapes that we had without anyone ever pointing a finger at anything. Maybe that’s what gave our careers longevity.

Fashion should be about celebrating somebody’s individual style, personality and look. That’s what’s unique about a person. If you’re going to go and say, you need to look like this, you need to weigh this—what is the point of that, then? It’s so simple, really, and so complicated. It’s always about dictating, it’s always about pointing fingers. Everybody is so busy pointing fingers at someone else that they forget that what we actually need to celebrate is the individuality.
Link to full article http://www.elleuk.com/news/star-style-news/15-minutes-with-helena-christensen/(gid)/787285

Another up coming project is helping Swarovski Crystallized find an unsigned model to appear in the label's spring/summer 2012 campaign, through a nationwide(UK) search.
I have been approached to do so many reality TV shows, model searches, design platforms but
I’ve always said no. I hate the fact that people feel judged in a public way. That a group of
people would sit and judge you and put you through a series of tasks, sometimes it is more
about the entertainment value than it is on the discovery.
Cesar Perin has an incredible eye, I have shot several of his models and we’ve been friends
for years. When this opportunity arose to work with him and F.TAPE I thought it sounded
really interesting, a genuine way to unearth new models – it is totally open.
I’m proud to be a part of Unsigned and cannot wait to shoot some of Our new faces.
-Helena Christensen
unsignedmodelsearch.com

Last edited by a moderator:
em1885 you're the best! thank you so much for that HQ... and the video is amazing... she is so ridiculously beautiful... and sweet and cool in a relaxed way... I am really excited... maybe I should go to that Swarowski cafe... obviously not for casting reasons... maybe there will be a slightest chance of seeing Helena...

One more photo from Swarovski Chrystallized site :smile:

Absolutely amazing... shame it did not make it into the editorial... is it Alaia that she is wearing... ?
Thank you so much for posting this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swfrank123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->