Helena Christensen

Does anyone know about it? I always thought it was a silly mistake and it was not Helena but now I found it on Rankin's page... looks like Rank No. 3... any idea about the year?

270-Rank-Issue-03-Helena-Christensen-310x420.jpg

Rankin

Thanks for the snapshots! Finally an ed where Helena's beautiful face is not disfigured by photoshop, she looks amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
My pleasure, I will try to scan them at some point... thanks for the HQ... for some reason I am in love with this picture...

I also agree re-photoshop... but I loved all the work she's done with Guy Aroch... when she looks natural and sexy and intelligent... ;-)

Now I am busy trying to find out more about Rank magazine... how come I've never heard about it...

i slightly changed the colours and i quite like it...;-) LOL me being arty... whatever;-)

chiraghpatel.com

another cover with Helena...

Goodwood Summer UK 2012
AsoFTUUCMAAgUJp.jpg

showmedialondon

^^Great Cover! This might sound silly but I had to double check the cover date, because I was sure it was from a decade age. It must be the longer hair and the bangs pinned back that are throwing me off:wink:

^^Great Cover! This might sound silly but I had to double check the cover date, because I was sure it was from a decade age. It must be the longer hair and the bangs pinned back that are throwing me off:wink:

well well well... looks like you had every reason to ask this question because apparently this picture was taken back in 2003 by Koto Bolofo for Vogue Italia... and there is a very sweet little article by Koto about Helena and her strength as a model... when I get a chance I will scan it for you.

^^Well that makes more sense, thanks for the info.

Helena Christensen and son Mingus were out and about in SoHo, New York on May 12, 2012.

zimbio

Vogue UK August 1992
"Free Spirit"
Model: Helena Christensen
Photographer: Fabrizio Ferri
Fashion Editor: Isabella Stanhope

topmodelsoftheworld

The second issue of The Hunger magazine features the iconic Helena Christensen in 'One of The Boys' alongside male models Matt Woodhouse, Miles Langford, and Francis Lane. The story is photographed by Rankin and styled by Way Perry with hair by Tina Outen, makeup by Caroline Saulnier and manicure by Adam Slee

homotography.blogspot.ca

Helena Christensen and son Mingus were out and about in SoHo, New York on May 12 HQs

Helena Christensen out in the West Village, New York, May 18 2012 HQs

modelcandids

Helena Christensen picks up her son Mingus from the school in New York, NY on May 18, 2012
Newscom-abausaphotos731961.jpg
Newscom-abausaphotos731962.jpg
Newscom-abausaphotos731964.jpg
Newscom-abausaphotos731967.jpg

newscom

Hunger Rankin

I found the HUnger issue very disappointing and rather overindulgent.
I browsed it thoroughly yesterday and her ed is lost into this huge amount of rather average photography and uninspiring subjects which does not justify the pretentious phonebook size.
Her silver tone ed is not memorable imo, and I get more excitement from some of my recently found campaign catalogs with her in it.

Well thanks for your opinion... it is always good to have something different...
I think you might be a bit harsh on the magazine as it is only their second issue... it is not just a fashion magazine either... what I appreciate about it that they don’t go with obvious choices, people they select for their magazines are mainly genuine artists and it is also very well written...
With regards to Helena’s editorial, all I can say is that it is certainly not her best but some shots are fantastic. I think if they were more selective about the shots it would have worked better. I personally like the silver effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hopsfie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->