Helena Christensen

Helena Christiensen

Beautiful and has great fashion sense! Did anyone watch that programme on her as a photographer? She looked great! I love the way how she uses her accessories to draw the more attention by standing out against that black.

I remember seeing another picture of her using a corsage and attaching it to a wrap dress, where the two sides of the material meet.

(kinda OT but how do you attach pictures?)
2457461.jpg
3073744.jpg
809519.jpg

check in the members support and feedback section...
there should be some topics about attaching images...

most questions have ben asked and answered in there so it's a good place to look for solutions to any issues you may have...
:flower:

I like this outfit. sorry its so small, couldnt find any more pictures
http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====113533&nbc1=1

i have to admit i dont know much about her. I know she is (danish and peruvian but danish in nationality and lives in NY)/supermodel/mum/photgrapher but a fashion designer too? I'm guessing this Butik store sells clothes which she herself has designed and made? Is it in NY?

Where can I find photos which she has taken?

Last edited by a moderator:
I often read people saying they like her style...
Some photos from hellomagazine.com

helena1a.jpg

helena2a.jpg

helena23a.jpg
helena24a.jpg

Just wanted to post some photos I had saved

Attachments

• 6p701lb9.jpg
    6p701lb9.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 11f.jpg
    11f.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 73201k7z.jpg
    73201k7z.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 73301k6x.jpg
    73301k6x.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 22
  • helena.jpg
    helena.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 33
isn't that kid a bit too old to be strolled around still?

A biography from the site, which is excellent by the way, with lots of other models represented.

Born on Christmas day to a Danish father and Peruvian mother, Helena Christensen grew up in Copenhagen, Denmark. Her childhood interests included music and photography.

In 1986, she was selected as MISS DENMARK and competed in the Miss Universe pageant. Following this experience, Helena left her home for Paris at the age of eighteen to pursue a modelling career. She caught the eye of fashion photographer Peter Lindbergh who quickly shot her for the cover of English VOGUE. This lead to the many requests from photographers and designers for editorials, advertising campaigns, and runway shows.

The leaders of the fashion world have endlessly showered praise on Helena’s captivating looks. A favorite of GIANNI VERSACE, he once described Helena as having ‘the most beautiful body’ and KARL LAGERFELD added that she has 'a figure type that’s very rare. Nobody
has better legs.’ JOHN GALLIANO comments, ‘she fills clothes with life and fire’.

Helena's popularity sky-rocketed when she was cast in 1991 for Chris Isaak’s music video WICKED GAME. The video was shot on the dark sands and surf of Hawaii by Herb Ritts. The video was voted as THE SEXIEST VIDEO OF ALL-TIME by MTV.

Helena had lucrative cosmetic contracts with REVLON in 1993 & '94 and COVER GIRL in 1995.

Herb Ritts photographed Helena for the 1994 famed PIRELLI calendar.

Her great success, including countless magazine covers, has allowed Helena to be more selective about her work.

Helena is perhaps most recognized for her 1997 television and ad campaigns for VICTORIA'S SECRET, as one of their signature ANGELS.

After her contractual obligations with Victoria's Secret came to an end, Helena was signed by lingerie company PLAYTEX.

Helena has worked in various film and television projects including: MTV’s FASHIONABLY LOUD; the 1992 independent film INFERNO; Robert Altman’s (READY-TO-WEAR) PRèT-à-PORTER; and a cameo in the 1998 comedy THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY.

Helena had offered her creative talents as reporter, photographer and journalist for the publication NYLON, believing that her constant travelling ventures could bring (the magazine) a perspective from an outside influence.

In fact, Helena consistently shoots editorial stories for publications including VOGUE and ELLE.

In 2000, designer ALESSANDRO DELL’ACQUA chose Helena for his advertising campaign, shot by Steven Klein. With the success of this campaign, Helena was also photographed by Helmut Newton for Alessandro Dell'Acqua fragrance. Helen then returned to the runway that season exclusively for the designer. In the Fall of 2003, Helena shot self-portraits for Alessandro Dell'Acqua's S/S 2004 men's collection which was celebrated at a photo exhibition in Milan.

Helena hooked-up with Emanuel Ungaro as photographer interpreting a publi-editorial exclusively for Italian Vogue's September 2003 issue. In the same month, Helena was photographed through the eyes of Alex Cayley in another Emanuel Ungaro publi.

As Helena continues her photography, she also chooses her modelling jobs carefully, as seen in Italian, French, Australian, Spanish and German Vogue with Mario Testino, Ellen Von Unwerth, Michel Comte and Mark Abrahams.

Helena teamed with Carlsberg Export to realize their new ad campaign, entitled Desirably Danish, which celebrates the hottest things to originate from Denmark. The campaign, which stars the muse of model Vibe Sorensen, marks Helena's biggest commercial job to date as photographer.

On April 27, 2005 Helena opened BUTIK, a Manhattan-based store located on Hudson Street which carries items from Danish designers as well as vintage pieces, antiques, furniture, chocolates and flowers...all the things Helena loves.

Helena has been quoted stating ‘real life starts when I stop being a model’ and has described having a family as a goal. In Oct 1999, Helena gave birth to her first son, Mingus, with her companion, actor Norman Reedus. They have recently relocated to New York City.

An editorial from 10, by Harri Peccinotti
hc_10sum04hp_p1.jpg
hc_10sum04hp_p2.jpg

hc_10sum04hp_p3.jpg
hc_10sum04hp_p4.jpg

hc_10sum04hp_p5.jpg
hc_10sum04hp_p6.jpg

hc_10sum04hp_p7.jpg

To continue with my obsessive posting on this thread...
An article about Helena from telegraph.co.uk
Fashion junkie: Helena Christensen
(Filed: 01/08/2005)

ixefjunk70.jpg

Danish-born Christensen was one of the original supermodels who emerged in the late 1980s, and has since diversified into a number of pursuits. As well as co-founding the New York-based style magazine Nylon in 1999, she started an alternative career as a photographer. In April this year she launched a shop in New York with her friend the floral designer Leif Sigerson. Named Butik (a Danish word meaning old-fashioned speciality store), it sells furniture, vintage clothing, contemporary designers ('mostly Scandinavian'), jewellery and flowers. She lives between New York and Copenhagen with her five-year-old son Mingus.

Which pieces are on your wish list this season? I've already got one of them - a Stella McCartney bikini - and I'm still wishing for a lavender-blue Chanel chiffon dress, pleated with chiffon flowers attached.

efjunk125.jpg
Marc by Marc autumn/winter 2005/6
Which was your favourite show this season? I loved Tsumori Chisato - her clothes are so special and wonderful (brownsfashion.com)

Who are your favourite designers at the moment? I really like Marc Jacobs' Marc by Marc collection, and then I love the Danish Baum und Pferdgarten collection (baumundpferdgarten.dk). Both these lines and Chisato's are quite quirky, beautiful and different.

Which pair of shoes has caught your eye recently? Camilla Staerk's crocheted leather sandals and Marc Jacobs' knitted high heels.

What do you wear to work? Right now it's boiling here, so maybe something very light - like a strapless Miu Miu bright red cotton-dress that I love and Staerk's sandals… and our shop-aprons.

Which are the staple pieces in your wardrobe? There's nothing - it's one big mish-mash of clothes, colours and patterns.

What do you wear when you are relaxing at home? Underwear.

And on a night out? A long Victorian hand-crocheted cotton dress, with a yellow necklace made of coloured wooden beads (by Veronica Chiva).

What has been your biggest fashion indulgence? It was probably a Prada dress I bought, made from thick brown silk, decorated with little diamonds and pearls.

What is the biggest fashion mistake you have ever made? It would have been pretty much everything I wore as a teenager… but then again, most of it was so awful, it was cool.

Which are your favourite shops? In New York John Derian (johnderian.com), a beautiful home- accessories store, and Castor and Pollux, a boutique in Brooklyn (001 718 398 4141). In Copenhagen Fil de Fer, Gallery September, Basalt. In Tokyo Kiddyland, a five-storey toystore in Harajuku, and the souks in Morocco.

Where do you shop for your son? I like Yoya for kids, in New York (636 Hudson St; 001 646-336-6844; yoyashop.com).

What are your favourite hotels? Blakes in London (blakeshotels.com), Amanpuri in Phuket (amanresorts.com), the Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok (mandarin-oriental.com/bangkok) and La Colombe d'Or in the south of France (la-colombe-dor.com)

Which is your favourite coffee shop? When I'm in New York, I love Pastis (pastisny.com), and in Copenhagen, I love Café Europa.

Interview by Naomi West
Butik, 605 Hudson Street; 001 212 367 8014
Plus a couple of pics from www.isifa.com
watermark.php
watermark.php
watermark.php

Yaaay!! Revival! Thank you Cosmocat, karma for you. :flower:

My favorite favorite fashion icon ever since the early nineties. I adore her combination of colours and textures, and her silhouettes...so poetic and whimsical yet earthy too.

:heart:

^Your welcome and that is a very good description of her style, exactly why I love it.
A new, gorgeous outfit... from www.cover.es
K112560_05.jpg
K112560_03.jpg

K112560_01.jpg

Plus what I assume is this Chanel dress she mentioned above
K111751_04.jpg

Thank you again, Cosmocat! I've never seen those. Beautiful. I wish I could give you more karma. :flower: Just love the way she combines different shades of gray in some of your last photos. And the applique tote bag is adorable!

I think she is one of the very few celebrities with a truly artistic visual sense. (She doesn't have a stylist for everyday clothes, does she?) Here are some of my favorite outfits regarding her use of colour and patterns...a hint of lilac brightens a grungy look, a bold stroke of yellow or green to add energy, and a bit of black to tie it together... One can tell that she really enjoys fashion for her own creative fulfillment and doesn't worry about impressing others...her warmth shines through. That makes it extra special.

I once saw an editorial of photos of her apartment in Copenhagen. I *WISH* I could get my hands on those photos again...they were so beautiful...Everything was hand-picked or handmade, and she was even working on a mosaic on her bathroom wall...

(from getty and elle.co.jp)

Attachments

• 2724616.jpg
    2724616.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 21
  • ph3.jpg
    ph3.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread