Yves Saint Laurent Resort 2011

He definitely is not leaving, the rumours were denied a while ago. I used to love Pilati but his last four collections are awful. What he does now isn't interesting, he lost his touch.

I think fashion is going through a dreadful moment and I believe things will get even worse...

Ugh, this is terrible. Stefano is over. YSL used to be such an anticipated show during Paris fashion week, but nowadays, I feel like checking out the collection is no longer even necessary, in fact, it's just a chore.

Pre-Fall and Cruise included.

Tell me about it. I remember his beautiful debut show that took place at the Paris Bourse, the wonderful S/S 06 show inspired by YSL's 1976 Spanish collection with that simple but very nice stage, the beautiful bags and shoes of F/W 07... And this is what we have now.

i don't like stefano when he goes all too referential. Being irreverent and doing his own thing is a lot more Saint Laurent than anything he could pull from the archives.
The archive as a main source of inspiration is not a good sign. Yves himself started doing it in the late seventies... and he just never stopped

Sort of going in the direction of snore-Dior but I'd like to see the last look expanded - if we're going to go properly into decadent-almost-tacky Saint Laurent.

More.

As if we needed further proof that Stefano has nothing to do with the pre-collections.

It's not great (as in, it's slightly too retro) but it's a hell of a lot better than the faux-cerebral or just-plain-uninspired crap he puts on his runways.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is there meant to be a show accompanying this collection, or is just a silly little presentation

The show is over two hours ago. We might get more new pictures of the outfit later :flower:

tweetphoto.com (@david_boots)

@david_boots (aka David Thielebule)

"The YSL resort collection takes to the streets outside the consulate!"

x2_1830eeb

and a pic of the room and the finale

x2_1830d43

The two looks outside are now looking disappointingly bubblegum-y.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"