Helmut Lang S/ S 05

Good and pretty and surprisingly "soft" (are some of the dresses in "blush"?) coming from Helmut Lang. Still, I don't know why he sold his company entirely.

you don't know why he sold it???...

do you have any understanding of how many millions he was paid for it???..
please....

I need to see more, after last season I have high expectations.

Knot Just Another Helmut Lang Show

October 06, 2004 - Paris

Seersucker, a fabric more associated with New England Old Money and Ralph Lauren’s view of it, was the material that made up the opening looks of the Helmut Lang collection shown Wednesday in Paris. And, like the choice of fabric, the show itself marked a noticeable departure for this most influential of designers.

Lang’s seersucker chic cleverly married his two strengths as a tailor – a lean, assertive silhouette, with some wonderfully draping of blouses and jackets that were just the right side of risqué.

His mastery of detailing was also apparent in the way he handled better than any of his rivals two trends we have seen in Milan and Paris: knots, and inverted hems.

With most designers a knot or bunch of fabric is a lumpy mess, with Lang it’s a subtle gathering of material that endows a dress or jacket with a subversively chic appeal. One particular white dress, with three knots at front and one in the back that was the epitome of cool. Or take the turned up hem, which a half dozen designers have played with, but Lang really understands: spinning hems up to the hip, across the torso, or right up to the shoulder strap. Once, again, with most designers it would be a mess, with Helmut it’s sublime.

All his other detailing was spot on, whether faux glass beads as halters or necklaces, or twisted scarves encircled with tiny baubles. And, his sense of the right fabric, delicate seersucker, super soft suede and abstract patchwork cottons were all faultless.

Of course, the mood was not typical either. Yesterday, Lang and Prada had jointly announced that the Italian luxury group would be buying the remaining 49 percent in the Lang’s house that it did not already own. Though doubts will remain about the enthusiasm of the designer for the new arrangement, this afternoon it was very much a case of Helmut letting his clothes do the talking for him.

Lang’s subtle imagination and experimental approach to fashion has sometimes led to clothes that were more conceptual than wearable. Today in Paris, however, he showed a collection of clothes that were easily understandable to many women and, above all, beautiful.

FWD

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 6 2004, 02:29 PM

please....
[snapback]387879[/snapback]​

oh yeah money all that matters :rolleyes:

:heart: what do u think of the shoes in the second pic??i love them :heart:

00020f.jpg

00050f.jpg

Originally posted by Softgrey@ Oct 6 2004, 03:54 PM

please....

Well, you'd think there's more than money that matters and I doubt he'd get that much because Prada is heavily in debt and not in a position to get expansive. Just not a rational decision, in terms of business and creativity.

00350f.jpg

This look, above all else, stood out. I love the attention to detail, the tailoring, and the silhouette is very cheongsam (Mandarin dresses).

Pretty nice:
00380f.jpg
00340f.jpg

00480f.jpg
00490f.jpg

Like Balenciaga, the mods look Calvin Klein-clean without being washed out or tired. Love that. On top of that, this is also a very well cast show, with Maria Carla, Ann-Catherine, Raquel Zimmermann, Elise, and new comer Mimi Rochs. Quelle also fits in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->