Hermès Sac Haut

Discussion in 'Handbags' started by Acid, Apr 23, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. Acid

Acid yes

Does anyone have any photos, information, prices......and know any people who own the sac haut??

(the male birkin)

2. MJCouture

MJCouture New Member

May I ask what makes this "sac haut" any different than just a large birkin? I have never heard of this style before.

3. brian

brian New Member

I couldn't find any pictures of the Sac Haut (Haute?), but I'm considering getting one of these Hermès bags as my "male Birkin" ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] I also really *love* this messenger style, but I'd want it in a different color.

:wub:

4. MJCouture

MJCouture New Member

I had a larger sized Birkin-a 40 or 45 (can't remember)-which I sold like a week ago-I never used it, but I don't believe it was actually designated as a men's bag.

Those canvas totes are OK, I have considered one, but by no stretch of the imagination are they a male birkin. They are very dorky, something a museum docent would use. However, they now offer them in the Cheval Suprise scarf print-which is just fabulous.

#4 MJCouture, Apr 23, 2004
    Last edited by moderator Hed_Kandi: Jan 4, 2007
  5. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

Is it.. Canvas??

6. Orochian

Orochian New Member

Those canvas totes and messengers do absolutely nothing for me, I'm afraid. They've been out for eons, and while popular, I could never understand their appeal (besides the obvious "allure" of the label...). I can understand how certain people can get crazy over the idea of a $300 Hermes bag, but they're not for me. They look so casual the only thing they'd be good for is a trip to the beach...

And after having personally seen their crude construction and pedestrian design details, I seriously wonder why Hermes would keep churning out products like these that obviously go against their established reputation of being the best of the best.

Bottega Veneta has a real chance of overtaking Hermes in the leather goods department - overall they have a much stronger portfolio of products, design and quality wise.

#6 Orochian, Apr 24, 2004
    Last edited by moderator Hed_Kandi: Jan 4, 2007
  7. Plumour

Plumour New Member

the canvas totes look absolutely nothing special, even ugly and cheap looking IMO.
    who cares if they are Hermes or not :innocent:

8. Acid

Acid yes

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! thats not the bag im talking about!!!!!

the Sac Haut is like a Birkin.......but its more like a briefcase in soft leather

9. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

While I can't find a photo of a Sac Haut might I suggest these Balenciaga bags: :innocent:

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. seditionary

seditionary New Member

those canvas bags are super duper wooper :sick: :yuk: :sick: :yuk: :sick: :yuk:

they look like somethign that these disalusioned old people carry abt in the market town of macclesfield in the north of england... they r GRANNY N GRANDAD cheap ass lookin bags.... yuck yuck yuck.... :sick: :sick: :sick: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

11. metal-on-metal

The bag that Acid is talking about is the Hermes Haut a Courroies, the bag that originally inspired the Birkin shape. It's just like the Birkin, but not as wide and a bit taller, making the shape more masculine. It also has shorter handles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. metal-on-metal

I love the slouchy shape. It makes it so much more chic!

[​IMG]

In chocolate croc! :wub:

[​IMG]

13. Acid

Acid yes

im still not sure if thats the same bag as i saw.......

but if so i think i'll stick to my birkin :unsure: its nothing special

14. seditionary

seditionary New Member

yucken...
    not as bad as those brian wants
    but that dun look nice..... :doh:

15. tott

tott slightly dizzy

It was actually first produced in 1900, so this model is 104 years old this year...

16. MJCouture

MJCouture New Member

I don't think that is so realistic. Does Bottega make every bag by hand? Do they only employ the highest crafters in the world to make their bags? If your bottega bag is in need of repair, do they send it back to the SAME craftsman who made it in the first place? I really don't see how BV can even compete in the Hermes playing field, even if they do offer a nice, high quality product.

17. MJCouture

MJCouture New Member

now that I ADORE!

18. seditionary

seditionary New Member

bottega venetta wins... for me..
    hermes... aint all its cut out to b...

19. Orochian

Orochian New Member

I don't think that is so realistic. Does Bottega make every bag by hand? Do they only employ the highest crafters in the world to make their bags? If your bottega bag is in need of repair, do they send it back to the SAME craftsman who made it in the first place? I really don't see how BV can even compete in the Hermes playing field, even if they do offer a nice, high quality product. [/b][/quote]
    Um, actually, "yes" to all your questions, plus the fact that BV has a much more progressive design philosophy. Gaultier is now at Hermes, but it's a habit of Hermes to exclude its staple leather goods from the duties of its creative director, so I'm expecting few changes in that department.

Did you happen to know anything about BV before shouting our your doubts, btw? :rolleyes:

An excerpt from FWD's preview of their fall 2002 collection:

Their bags are also almost devoid of hardware, and are so soft they could be rolled up without compromising their structural integrity or harming the materials.

The only advantage Hermes has over BV is its label's strength and heritage - about which I don't give a flying hoot. I'm sure tons of label queens and fashion victims would though, but that's only going to make BV the intelligent insider's choice that it's striving to be.

20. seditionary

seditionary New Member

bv is the dogs frikkin bollards
    in leather land... i put it at my top
    hermes.. is pedestrian compared