What's Your Fave Hermes Bag?

Very interesting Tatai.....thank you for your insight...by the way....online resellers such as Createursdeluxe sell the JPG Birkin for more of a profit than the regular Birkins so it is interesting to see that the Geneva resellers find the demand to be to the contrary of that here in the USA.... By the way...if you see any orange togo Birkins in your travels...let us know....

hermesfreak said:
Very interesting Tatai.....thank you for your insight...by the way....online resellers such as Createursdeluxe sell the JPG Birkin for more of a profit than the regular Birkins so it is interesting to see that the Geneva resellers find the demand to be to the contrary of that here in the USA.... By the way...if you see any orange togo Birkins in your travels...let us know....

OK, I will let you know if I come across any orange togo birkins. The JPGs take longer to sell so maybe that is why the markup is slightly higher? Just my theory.
The Chicago store told my friend the reason it's harder to sell it in that city is that the women can't use it after work like the 30 (the most in demand size in that city) which is easy to bring to after work cocktails or dinner.

the jpg birkin is really heavy and i quite frankly think it would look best with taller people. big bags drown out petit women! and my oh my the bag is heaaaa-vy!!

Were you able to try the bag on? :wink:

ingenue said:
the jpg birkin is really heavy and i quite frankly think it would look best with taller people. big bags drown out petit women! and my oh my the bag is heaaaa-vy!!

Yes I was able to. It's a heavy bag, not for the daily grind that's for sure! *yawn* I gotta get my illy coffee!!

Hi everyone! im new to this forum :flower: after my client prodded me to checking this out. I am so amazed at all the people on this forum, talking about what matters in fashion!

This is really exciting. I should be sleeping by now since it's 3AM! But now I can't get enough! I've been reading many of the posts and I'm so glad I looked into this site :smile:

About the Hermes Bag favorite-- I must say without a doubt the 30cm birkin. Ingenue hit it right on, the gaultier bag is quite a heavy accessory. I have also carried one, it was for a client. I was very disappointed at it because it sort of ruined the classic shape of the birkin.

The 32cm birkin is nice also I think. It's not as common as the other sizes. I like the bolide second best. It's a pretty "mommy" bag but I don't know why I am so drawn to it!

taitai, I think the gaultier birkins come best in orange :flower:

And check out hermesgalleria.com -- I have done business with them through my partner. They are very professional. :flower:

Hmmm... interesting.:innocent: I agree w/ Hermesfreak - the demand in the States tends to vary from overseas.

Personally, I found the 30 cm a bit too tiny for my needs - but that's just me. ^_^

And y'all know that the JPG didn't drown my petite frame. When I bought it - there was a 30 cm on the floor to compare against. To each their own.

Tresormarkati - you might want to check another thread (it says that the orange color is bit of a prob to make these days.:((

Last edited by a moderator:
tresormakati said:
taitai, I think the gaultier birkins come best in orange :flower:

And check out hermesgalleria.com -- I have done business with them through my partner. They are very professional. :flower:

Yes - hermesgalleria.com is highly recommended. Along with the folowing reputable & trustworthy sites:

pieceunique.com
enokiworld.com

and last but not least:

creatuersdeluxe.com

ingenue said:
fave bags-- garden party and birkin.. yum :woot:

Yes, the garden party is nice but honestly for that much $$$, I'd like a bit more detail into the design of the bag.

Hermes_Lemming: Are you kidding with the orange? I wonder why though. I did get potiron the last time. I still prefer the classic orange over the potiron. Potiron is very dull orange- pumpkin.. :flower:

I love the signature orange.. Did you see the printed gaultier birkin, the one with the illustrations of Paris? That is so beautiful but I wonder how many of that were produced, if any at all. That's what I would like to get my hands on!! :flower:

ingenue said:

Due to the mixed reviews of this poor, poor bag (I seem to be the only fan - which is fine), I recommend that if you're actually remotely interested in purchasing it, you should fine one IRL and take it for a test drive.:D Some like the shape, others don't. Some think it's heavy, others don't. For that much $$$, you want to be sure.:rolleyes:

But then again as for all of Hermes' beautiful creations, I don't think you should ever buy a bag sight un-seen (especially the Fall'05 Shearling Kelly :sick: - J/K).

H_L: hahaha I saw that kelly, THAT is really so morbid looking, like a roadkill kelly bag! The gaultier is nice, just heavy :smile: So don't worry I am a fan too :flower: just not that big of one :flower: but nevertheless I like the bag!

I don't like garden party. I don't know why!

ingenue said:

According to an old W magazine article, an empty jpg birkin weighs more than 3 pounds! No way am I gonna carry a 3+ pound bag every day (and that's even without all my stuff:(woot:

Taitai said:
According to an old W magazine article, an empty jpg birkin weighs more than 3 pounds! No way am I gonna carry a 3+ pound bag every day (and that's even without all my stuff:(woot:

Really?!?! In that case, for a lightweight (i.e. under a "buck"), I'm definitely stronger than I thought. Glad to see my weekly yoga sessions are finally paying off...:blush:

Oh well - at least I have the option of wearing on my shoulder should it ever feel heavy. In fact I've seen some women do that w/ the 35cm birkin.

Oh this is too funny - FYI, the infamous shearling Kelly has just been touted as one of the IT bags of the coming Fall Season in June's Haper's Bazaar. I guess the editors can't always be right, no?

hermes_lemming said:
Oh this is too funny - FYI, the infamous shearling Kelly has just been touted as one of the IT bags of the coming Fall Season in June's Haper's Bazaar. I guess the editors can't always be right, no?
They like it because Shearling is trendy and the Kelly is trendy therefore the combo should be the ultimate combo, logically it works, but asthetically it doesnt.

Diorling said:
They like it because Shearling is trendy and the Kelly is trendy therefore the combo should be the ultimate combo, logically it works, but asthetically it doesnt.

Tell me about it - makes you wonder about the whole editing process at Hermes!

hermes_lemming said:
Yes - hermesgalleria.com is highly recommended. Along with the folowing reputable & trustworthy sites:

pieceunique.com
enokiworld.com

and last but not least:

creatuersdeluxe.com
I'm really not sure about Hermes Galleria. They use pictures from ebay. ie: one of their blue ones was being sold by accessory*dujour at the same time it was listed on their store (Thallasa Blue Birkin, 35 cm). Also some pictures look like they are from Creatuers de lux. My guess is that they just put the pictures out there, and if they get a purchase they buy from another re-seller on ebay. So why pay the markup? They also might be outright fraud, but I don't want to expect the worst!
As for your list of reputable on-line sources for Hermes. Again, what about www.luxwear.com and www.jemznjewels.com ? They both have better prices than Createurs, and I think that Luxwear has the best bags, even if the selection is small (they choose their stock carefully).
I still think the best place to buy Hermes Birkins (if you can't find one in a store) is ebay. Know your seller, and don't look for too good a deal, and you shoudl be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->