What's Your Fave Hermes Bag?

hermesguru said:
I'm really not sure about Hermes Galleria. They use pictures from ebay. ie: one of their blue ones was being sold by accessory*dujour at the same time it was listed on their store (Thallasa Blue Birkin, 35 cm). Also some pictures look like they are from Creatuers de lux. My guess is that they just put the pictures out there, and if they get a purchase they buy from another re-seller on ebay. So why pay the markup? They also might be outright fraud, but I don't want to expect the worst!
As for your list of reputable on-line sources for Hermes. Again, what about www.luxwear.com and www.jemznjewels.com ? They both have better prices than Createurs, and I think that Luxwear has the best bags, even if the selection is small (they choose their stock carefully).
I still think the best place to buy Hermes Birkins (if you can't find one in a store) is ebay. Know your seller, and don't look for too good a deal, and you shoudl be fine.

Oh my goodness, I completely forgot about luxwear - they're great as well. My apologies :flower: But I'm not familiar with the other website.

P.S. I just touted some websites that were featured in a Hermes article in a recent Nylon magazine (spring/summer 05 edition).

Please buy your birkin from Hermes stores... there must be one store around you, like 7-11.

Why pay more?
Why take the risk?

hermes_lemming said:
P.S. I just touted some websites that were featured in a Hermes article in a recent Nylon magazine (spring/summer 05 edition).

Correction - it's Vitals magazine (spring issue) - not Nylon. My mistake. Sorry.

I totally agree with you swank. :wink:

But of course, if you want to take a different route, just be careful and buy from reputable sellers.:wink:

Swank said:
Please buy your birkin from Hermes stores... there must be one store around you, like 7-11.

Why pay more?
Why take the risk?

The Garden Party

1136.jpg

b19566101.jpg

03b.jpg

i initially thought about getting one of those (garden totes) but somehow ended up w/ a birkin. go figure.

i dont know much or rather anything about hermes, however, my fav. is the Birkin Croc in purple. i'm not sure if the color is called "purple" or "eggplant" or something else? anyway, i saw a picture in a W sept.'05 issue and i'm in :heart: . if i ever have enough money to splurg on a hermes i would def. buy that one. but $22,800?? it's just a dream bag for me :doh:

similar but different in color:

nat_attak said:
i dont know much or rather anything about hermes, however, my fav. is the Birkin Croc in purple. i'm not sure if the color is called "purple" or "eggplant" or something else? anyway, i saw a picture in a W sept.'05 issue and i'm in :heart: . if i ever have enough money to splurg on a hermes i would def. buy that one. but $22,800?? it's just a dream bag for me :doh:

similar but different in color:

The color of the bag in the W article is Hermes violet.

kikualter and swank: thanks very much for posting the pictures
nat_attack: violet croc birkin is definitely amazing. that royal blue croc is just as fabulous!!!

Come to think of it - I think Sapphire and Royal Blue might be one in the same. Some refer to it as Sapphire (myself included of course) but the description usually reads "Bleu Roi". Gosh - looks like my cold affected my memory as well. Sorry for the confusion. Cheers!

Constance said:
is sapphire similar to royal blue?

Constance, blue royale and blue saphir are two different colors. Blue royale has strong undertones of grey and is a popular color for Ostrich leather.

There is also indigo, which is the darkest of blues, almost black in some light.

Here's a photo of royal blue in croc.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I found a picture of Blue Sapphire on the Net.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->