Hot Showers Vs. Cold Showers

fortezza

Reaction score
I heard that if you take too many hot showers your skin becomes dry and damaged.

Is this true because I am not about to start taking cold one :lol:

I expect that warm showers are best. Not too hot, to dry the skin or too cold, too shock the system.

the best showers are if you switch from hot to cold.. it makes your skin look healthy and tightens it..

hot showers are horrible for your skin...dries it out completely.I've heard to limit them to no more than ten minutes. (Of course, I always take twenty minute hot showers, followed by a generous slathering of lotion.)

I think warm shower is the best.
but who can resist a nice hot shower during cold winter nights?! :cry:

For anyone with a bit of time to spare, raise the temperatures far beyond the comfort level and discover just how capable you are of the mind-over-matter phenomenon. It becomes so hot you think it cold. Fun for all the family if a little painful at first.

I think I'd rather be dirty than have to take a cold shower, skin-condition notwithstanding!

I should think a medium-temperature shower is probably just fine.

However, there are some days (and anyone here who has ever had cramps knows those days) when nothing but a boiling hot bath will do.

I find it deeply satisfying to take a "boil yer bum" bath when I am really, really cold, and can't get my feet warm, no matter what I do.

i love a hot steamy bath/shower....but, my skin hates it . i just put oil in the bath water and use an xtra moisturizing creme after the shower.

what also helps is if you have a water softener at your house. we dont have hard water running in my house anymore and its a lot less drying to your skin.

Hot shower first, then cold shower...
With the hot shower, your skin pores will open ..great time for exfoliating, rinsing and using some rich cream ... the cold shower will close your pores and it's great for blood circulation!

Cold showers are good for your hair, but I usually take a warm shower - unless the weather here is unbearably hot! :flower:

taking a cold shower seems like one of those over the top neuortic acts for beauty.

i stick to warm. unless it's hot out and then i jump in the ocean.

When we go to a bathhouse....we sit in the sauna and then jump into the ice cold pool.....some of the men roll around outside in snow (if there is snow) :smile:
Also alternating hot shower to cold shower is a common practice.

Originally posted by Belowen@Feb 19th, 2004 - 11:33 pm
Cold showers are good for your hair, but I usually take a warm shower - unless the weather here is unbearably hot! :flower:
yeah cold water is really good for the hair---makes it shiny and silky while hot water does damage to the hair.
however, cold water is bad for the scalp :cry:

I take warm showers and rinse my hair with cold water just before getting out of the shower - it makes my hair shinier, but I couldn't actually take a cold shower :ninja:

I dont like hot showers.. nor cold showers lol I like it right in the middle :lol:

But at the end I do make the water cold and run the tips of my hair through it... so cold.. I cant stand cold water...especially early in the am or late at night.....brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i love hot showers especially if you have been out in the cold - it just feels soooo good! Cold water is better for your hair and gets the circulation going in your body which means you get better skin. Also switching between cold and hot water is said to reduce cellulites - I don't know if it is true but I've read it. Anyway, I always take my showers and than moisteruize my whole bad and hide in my bed for a while - feels really warm and comfy and very relaxing.

Originally posted by loserunit@Feb 20th, 2004 - 5:54 am
taking a cold shower seems like one of those over the top neuortic acts for beauty.

cold water is good for hair BUT NOT for the head :wink:

thats why when you got your head tilted backwards at the salon its ok. but under the shower its not that great anymore since the water really freezes your head :cry:

I looove steaming, hot showers!!!..... OMG I just realized the double message over this statement :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->