Hot Showers Vs. Cold Showers

I love taking hot showers when my muscles hurt. It kind of soothes em.

I can't take cold showers, not even when it's boiling hot :D Always warm for me, especially in the colder months!

I live near the desert, I take cold showers almost the whole summer and can even take them in the winter if I'm in the mood, I usually throw cold water in the back of my neck and then the rest of the body just gets used to the temperature.. in the summer, I do it for obvious reasons but in all the other seasons, because it's very highly energizing. I suppose the upside is good skin; the downside, according to my therapist, is muscular stiffness, which is the reason why I slowed down on it since I have a history of back problems and while I'd feel mentally great with cold showers, I did tend to feel physically less flexible than usual. Another negative point is the fact that hot showers get rid of a morning face almost immediately.. cold showers do not. -_-

when you guys say 'cold' shower...how cold are we talking?...maximum cold that your water will run? :shock:

i can't even imagine..:o i have had some hot aussie summers but i don't think i could stand under the water running at max. cold!. you're either extremely brave, Mullet, or you really are roasting in the desert there...:lol:

I love having hot showers, specially in the winter.
Even in the summer (although it's always so hot :doh:) I can't bring myself to take a cold shower, just a warm one...

What I've been doing since I was 9 is I take warm showers, but when I finish showering, I turn on the cold water and wash my conditioner out with it. It makes your hair very shiny and strong. I try to also rinse my skin in the cold water, but when I can't stand it, I simply use more lotion.

warm showers or baths! im not taking as many hot showers because they dry out my skin and it aint a good thing! i dont like to do something bad to my skin then try to 'replenish' it with moisturizers and lotions etc i just try to keep it balanced.

what also helps is if you have a water softener at your house. we dont have hard water running in my house anymore and its a lot less drying to your skin.

I used to live in a house that had well water. Although the water tasted delicious and was far less drying to my skin, I had to end up changing every hair and skin product I used because they didn't work the same without the usual chlorine that's found in city water!

i never use cold or cool water unless i've been out in hot conditions...like when i play tennis...always need a cooling afterward. otherwise lukewarm in summer and warm in winter.

It's either boiling hot or freezing cold for me.
I hate luke warm.

Boiling hot baths I adore. Our shower is unfortunately absolutely useless and I crave hot showers. In the summer I love to bear a freezing shower - so refreshing.

Hell with it, I'm moisturising.

I do the whole warm shower to open pores, honey and loofah body scrub and wash hair, then icy blast to wash off the scrub and conditioner....then lots of bio oil :smile: mmmm

I've heard ice cold showers (or even ice itself) on the chest area can help maintain firmness/perkiness.

Any conclusions? I'm willing to try it :unsure:

i live in scotland, if i want a cold shower i'll go outside thanks!

I avoid having too hot showers because that and super hard water really dries my skin in winter. I do finish the shower with cooler water. I rinse my hair with cool water too.

When I have a pleasure of having a bath (no such thing in my apartment), I take it nice and warm bordering with hot. Mmm.

I am taking hot and long showers in these cold days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->