How do you organize your closet?

I have such little closet space when I'm at home, as opposed to school. My closet is mostly my mom's stuff that she hasn't worn in years and she still won't remove it because she's quite stubborn. So my closet is arranged by whatever I can fit in it at once and where. I usually have a lot of dirty laundry because if I clean it too soon, there's no space for it. :(

everything of mine is still in luggages and bags, but organized in such a way: underwear in a compartment in the largest luggage, sweaters and tees in a bag and the rest scattered.. coats and heavy sweaters however are on hangers on the wall since they receive the most use.

i hope someday i'll find a more permanent dwelling place. :mellow: a place where i could see myself living in more than a year.

Are you moving all the time, gius or wha is it that you have to keep everything in bags?
Oh I just feel like I might not stay here for as long as I thought
Might find a new place in the spring
It's cold in the winter, there's a draft and there's not enough sunlight:ninja: It's big and spacious though and overlooks the ocean... *a little sad*

But really I have been living like this for almost 3 years:lol:
Only before it was based on roommate compatibility than the home itself:wacko:

^ That is no way to live, my dear :wink: I unpack most everything for a week-long trip in a hotel room. For a month I would unpack completely. I think you would feel much better if you unpacked ... :heart:

Oh I just feel like I might not stay here for as long as I thought
Might find a new place in the spring
It's cold in the winter, there's a draft and there's not enough sunlight:ninja: It's big and spacious though and overlooks the ocean... *a little sad*

But really I have been living like this for almost 3 years:lol:
Only before it was based on roommate compatibility than the home itself:wacko:

Oh wow, sounds like your pretty busy then. Oh and I want a home overlooking the ocean too, no matter what! :lol: That's not good If there's not enough sunlight, though. You need sunlight to keep you happy, aye. :wink:

I wonder what do you do when you buy new clothes? Do ya buy new bags to store them in then too? :blink:

^Yes !:rofl:

fashionista-ta I agree but it only acts as a place to organise my clothes. Everything else, books papers etc. are out on shelves and tables.. ^_^ It's actually nice sometimes, I have a lot more space, I can put everything away. Clothes take up a lot of space

^^Yeah, but nothing should prevent you from treating your clothes nicely! :lol:

(Just kidding.....If you feel more comfortable that way it's certainly the right thing! :wink: )

OMG! You buy new bags and stuff along with new clothes!! Every single time?? *can't quite believe it*
:lol: I'm just thinking.....maybe If you wait some more months you can just as well buy a closet for your clothes, too, cause all the full bags will probably take up just as much space anyway. :lol:

Is there a thread on celebrity wardrobes? Or a site with normal people (but nice) wardrobes? This wardrobe things is really inspiring.

^ When I see the celebrity closet features in magazines, almost always they have a ludicrous amount of clothes & accessories. It almost has no relationship to what I'm doing with my wardrobe (i.e., functional simplicity). If you have to pay someone to organize and arrange your clothes, bags, and shoes, I'm sorry, that's too much :P

Is there a thread on celebrity wardrobes? Or a site with normal people (but nice) wardrobes? This wardrobe things is really inspiring.

Not here, I'm afraid. But the PurseBlog forum does!! I remember looking through it in awe...I know how you feel, I loooovveee looking at celeb closets. It makes me want to go shopping, hahahah.

HERE'S the link.

I go to college, so my roommate and I share a closet. It's big for a college dorm/house, but definitely can't fit even 1/20 of what we have together. At home I appropriated an extra room as my closet :lol:

My bedroom is my closet.
The only organization in my "closet" is shoes and underwear in one corner, shirts and trousers in another, fur coats and ready-to-wear in another.

I am so concerned (and amused) when I wonder hth I am going to transfer all of my stuff to new accommodations when I go to university . .

^ When I see the celebrity closet features in magazines, almost always they have a ludicrous amount of clothes & accessories. It almost has no relationship to what I'm doing with my wardrobe (i.e., functional simplicity). If you have to pay someone to organize and arrange your clothes, bags, and shoes, I'm sorry, that's too much :P

I know what you mean. It's so pathetic. :rolleyes:

I have to have my closet in a certain way or else I'll go nuts. I categorized my clothes by type (like t-shirt or sweater) and then categorized that group by color and then go by size. also all the hangers and clothes must face the same way. I think I may have OCD B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I unpack most everything for a week-long trip in a hotel room.

I'd love to be able to unpack all my luggage and make hotel rooms feel cozier and more like my own room, but unfortunately I never fail to forget at least one item. Most recently (and perhaps most bizarrely), was when one of my favorite jackets seemingly disappeared into thin air in my Oahu hotel room last summer. I put it on for a sunset cruise, took it off later that evening, set it down in my hotel room, and have never seen it since.

Once I arrived home and realized my mistake, I decided to phone the hotel and see if, by some chance, they had found my jacket. And, lo and behold, they did, and assured me it would be sent out that week! The only thing is... that was five months ago, and still I remain without my dear jacket. :mellow:

I'd love to be able to unpack all my luggage and make hotel rooms feel cozier and more like my own room, but unfortunately I never fail to forget at least one item. Most recently (and perhaps most bizarrely), was when one of my favorite jackets seemingly disappeared into thin air in my Oahu hotel room last summer. I put it on for a sunset cruise, took it off later that evening, set it down in my hotel room, and have never seen it since.

Once I arrived home and realized my mistake, I decided to phone the hotel and see if, by some chance, they had found my jacket. And, lo and behold, they did, and assured me it would be sent out that week! The only thing is... that was five months ago, and still I remain without my dear jacket. :mellow:

Oh no, sh*t when that happens. :o
But I doubt calling them again would make much sense, would it?
Either someone just took it with him or the package got lost on the waý to you which happens quite often, unfortunately.

^ As much as I'd like to call back, I think at this point my jacket is gone for good! I'm thinking it was lost on the way to my house, as you said, which is a scary thought considering it was sent from an island - could it have been lost in the Pacific Ocean? :lol:

I also always check every surface, drawer, and closet right before I walk out the door :wink: Very strange about your jacket ... I once had a jacket lost by the cleaners, then they found it, then the next time they ruined it. It was just like it had this vibe that it was going down :huh: Also in the category of unsolved mysteries, everything of mine any cleaners has ever lost and not found was black. Somewhere there is a dry cleaning black hole with all of my stuff :lol: Maybe your jacket is there keeping them company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->