How do you organize your closet?

i lost my favourite hat on a trip and cried a lot.
i used to arrange my clothes into type categories dresses, shirts, etc, and then subcategorize them into amount of flesh covered. then i had all my shoes into their boxes with a description tag that featured if they were assasins (if they made my feet hurt too much) but then i had to move to a very small apartment and i had to change it into the lengh that the clothes have when hanging- this way the really long will touch the closet ground and the short ones will leave an empty ground spot for me to place the folded items. but most of the times 45% of the clothes are laying around. i seem to be very messy but organized

^ That is hilarious, organizing by amount of flesh covered & how much the shoes hurt :wink:

I go by tops, dresses, pants, shorts and then skirts. I like to organize the colors by rainbow order usually. XD

I change it around sometimes, but at the moment my wardrobe is organised in this order:

Coats (the ones I can fit in there!), jackets, day dresses, summer dresses, party dresses, skirts, shorts, sweaters/cardigans, tops

My shoes and bags are in my 'floordrobe' because I don't have anywhere else in my current place to keep them.

My tops are arranged my how dressy they are. I have my plain AA tanks and tees in the front, then the tops I could wear to class and so on. It makes life easier since I go straight to the section I need that day, I dont have to shuffle though every single piece. I separate the dresses, jackets, sweaters (although this is a big gap in my wardrobe), shorts/skirts (another gap) and jeans but I dont have so many that I need to arrange them in any particular way.

i remember i also had a list of the shoes in the door of the closet ordered into the hight of the heel, next to the colour followed by description of each one..:rolleyes:

I'm terrible at organizing clothes. When I do it lasts for about a week or two then everything ends up in a pile on the floor or on a trunk I have while I'm going through outfits. It's the Pete Doherty method but it works for me! :P

^ As much as I'd like to call back, I think at this point my jacket is gone for good! I'm thinking it was lost on the way to my house, as you said, which is a scary thought considering it was sent from an island - could it have been lost in the Pacific Ocean? :lol:

Well, you could go diving for it. :lol: Maybe you'll be lucky and find out.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, in the lowest drawer of my wardrobe I have all my bags and rucksacks etc. They're just stumbling around in there, stuffed upon each other and sometimes I'd have to dig one or the other clutch from waaaay back and almost cry If I can't find it. :lol: :rolleyes:

The pictures and descriptions on here are so inspiring. I really need to work on my closet. But there't not much you can do in a college dorm room. I may post pictures at a later date, I like my closet, just not so much the pieces inside. =)

I also always check every surface, drawer, and closet right before I walk out the door :wink:

And I do the very same, though I rarely make use of the drawers and closets in the first place, which is why I find it so bizarre that my jacket went missing. I even remember peeking underneath the beds and chairs to ensure nothing had accidentally been kicked out of sight! Oh well - wherever my jacket is, I hope it is doing okay without me. :D

Cleaned out my spring/summer stuff, all ready for my new autumn/winter purchases :heart:

Attachments

• P1010665.jpg
    P1010665.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 19
I've just moved back home to save up for a house (housemate went back home to save up to go back to uni) and I've since discovered that my clothes don't fit into my wardrobe at home anymore. I've got one old wardrobe in my room and another old wardrobe in the spare room and together the two still aren't big enough - currently there are clothes sitting on the mantelpiece waiting for a spot (I don't have room in my room for another wardrobe and when I get back from my overseas trip in late May I'm going to buy a chest of drawers, spot already earmarked for same). I was living out of home for some time and had built-in wardrobes and my wardrobe grew exponentially :lol: So now I'm off to the shops to get some thinner hangers - old wardrobes and new wooden hangers don't seem to mix - I can't even close the doors! So after I get some new hangers I'm going to be trawling through this thread for ideas on how to organise everything.

new very big closet. I´m so glad I have it now, I thought it´s too big, but your closet can never be too big right!!! I let go of a lot of clothes recently that I didn´t wear anymore.

the are my fav clothes at the moment plus some of my jackets including my loved leather jackets.

shirts, tops and underwear...

pants, jeans and dresses

shoes and accessories is a little axtra room

all pics by me

Last edited by a moderator:
Great wardrobe SusanSuperstar, I wish I was that organised!

Have recently moved home and have gone from having four built-in robes (two in each bedroom of my old place) to one freestanding wardrobe in my bedroom, another freestanding wardrobe in the spare bedroom and a few drawers and shelves.

I've managed to fit in all my hanging clothes in the two wardrobes by replacing the wooden hangers with felt-covered ones (the wooden ones were too wide for the wardrobes, which are antique ie very narrow). Photos to come when I have tidied up!!

All my coats are in the spare wardrobe whilst my daily clothes are in my main wardrobe.

I have from left to right in order of colour from light to dark: shirts, blouses/camis, cardigans, skirts, dresses. My shoes occupy the bottom of the wardrobe and also the top shelf of the wardrobe in no particular order. I have one drawer each for underwear/bras, stockings and PJs/nighties; one shelf for sports clothes; one shelf for jeans; and one shelf for tops (tees, tops, singlets) and one shelf for bottoms (track pants etc). Unfortunately these clothes are in what used to be my space for paperwork, photos, and other things; so all my paperwork etc is in bags and it's very hard to find anything because I don't have any space.

Oh, and all my accessories (scarves, gloves, hats etc) are in a wire three-drawer thing that used to have papers in it from the study.

I'm going overseas for five weeks this Tuesday and when I get back I am planning to go shopping and get a big old chest of drawers for my clothes, then I can put my other stuff where it originally was. Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Antique-Engl...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318

^I´m actually a very very very messy person but my closet is always organized!

I know your problem, before I moved into my big appartment, I had a walk in closet and it was so small I couldn´t berath in there. It was all a hot big mess. And I never found anything I wanted!

I´m curious for your pictures!

I organize by colors in the closet where my clothes hang and after what type of garment in the one with shelf^^ But it's still a frigging mess..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->