How do you wear fragrance?

gius

Reaction score
how much do people put on of cologne/perfume..

dab on side of the neck and throat ?
behind the ear?

i used to do it this way and then i find i sometimes can't smell myself anymore or i am the only one who can smell it

behind the ear?

i used to do it this way and then i find i sometimes can't smell myself anymore or i am the only one who can smell it

I use one spritz on my neck, maybe one on either side if the scent is really light. Probably you've grown used to the scent & can't smell it anymore ...

Last edited by a moderator:

behind the ear?

I use well over 10 sprays of perfume, mostly on my neck and behind my ear. I also spray a light scent into my hair, usually a different one than I've used on my neck. This probably makes me seem as though I smell awful, but because I don't use heavy scents it isn't bad at all. :wink:

behind the ear?

I spray on each wrist, and once on the neck. That's usually good for hours.

^^ I spray it behind the ears then on the wrists and rub.

I've heard you're not supposed to rub, that this somehow damages the scent ... but whether this is true or an old wive's tale, I don't know :huh: I feel it could be true, so try not to do it :wink:

that's so interesting. i never even thought of putting it on my wrists

thanks for making it into a new thread ^ ;-)

I put it on my neck, wrists, hair, sometimes behind ears

I usually spray once on my wrist, gently rub my wrists together and once behind my neck.

I've heard you're not supposed to rub, that this somehow damages the scent ... but whether this is true or an old wive's tale, I don't know :huh: I feel it could be true, so try not to do it :wink:

I knew it!
I'm breaking the scent. It never smells as strong when I rub it just disappears when it's like.. eau de parfum..
Someone in one of the perfume threads said to spray it in the creases of your elbows and knees..?

I have heard you aren't supposed to rub as well.
It's a hard habit to break once you have been doing it forever, trust me.

Someone in one of the perfume threads said to spray it in the creases of your elbows and knees..?

I spray once on my neck and once on a wrist.

ah so you leave it sprayed on your skin
let it evaporate

rather than smoothing it over ..like lotion.....

I spritz on the neck, and then on my wrists and rub.
But when I'm going out I dab some on my arms too... I also do this thing where I spray in the air and twirl under it. Most of it lands on my face, but I like doing it anyway :P

It depends on the strength of the scent, but I usually spray once at the neck.

According to Christopher Brosius of CB I Hate Perfume, "You can prolong the life of a scent on your skin by applying an unscented lotion, cream or oil before you apply your scent."

I use a good spray to my neck & chest area. I also have the matching body loion which I put on all over after my shower before I'm fully dry.

Yea your not supposed to touch the fragrance while its drying onto your skin, it bruises the scent, including rubbing them, they dry pretty quick so its best to leave it.
Also, your not meant to apply it behind your ears. The best places are biceps (for guys), behind the knees, wrists, inside of elbows, neck etc... where your body gives off the most exposed heat (i.e. not groin or feet).

I usually do 2 or 3 on the neck and one on each wrist. Sometimes i'll do inside of elbows, i don't have manly enough biceps for that to work :/ ha!

Tend to try and spray it half an hour before going out aswell, so it has time to get to the base notes of the scent (i also try to only buy Eau de Toilette or Parfum as they last longest).

Last edited by a moderator:
I spray it in the air and walk under it, so it does not smell very strong, but in the hair, the flagrance stays long (i find)

I've been wearing the same perfume for years now, so I can't smell it on myself. I try not to over apply, so it's one spritz on my neck, one tiny spritz on the back of my neck, and a little on the middle of the inside of my forearm. I don't spray it right on my wrists because I wash my hands a lot and would end up washing it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->