How do you wear fragrance?

I put it on the back of my neck, behind my ears, my wrists and my hair too... I find that the perfume spreads better that way

I spray two times in my neck and chest, I sometimes put some also to my hair but it tends to dry out the hair.

^ I don't do it ... I feel it could stain them, plus sometimes my perfume gets on my clothes around the neckline, and then if I want to wear something different, I can still smell the other scent. I'm sure some would consider this layering :D but my scents tend to be distinct from each other & I'm not convinced it's a good thing.

I also try to avoid my fragrances from getting into my clothes. The scent changes when it gets to clothing, I dont like it somehow.

I spray two times in my neck and chest, I sometimes put some also to my hair but it tends to dry out the hair.

Yes ... major alcohol content in scent. If you are careful to buy alcohol-free hair products, you probably don't want to spritz it on on top of them :wink:

with perfume, I like to dab a bit on the inside of my wrists, on my neck and around my ankles.

With eau de toilette I just spray it everywhere, mostly on my clothes and hair :smile:

isn't eau de toilette and parfum the same..
and cologne is just a masculin version of parfum?

Perfume is the strongest form ... however, if the scent is strong, eau de toilette can be quite strong as well. I have never felt the need for anything more, as my blood vessels are close to the surface so my skin is quite warm ...

Oh, and cologne I think may be even lighter than eau de toilette, but as I say, I think the strength depends more on the scent itself than the formulation. It seems that most everything commonly available (for women anyway) is eau de toilette.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the rubbing wrist equals bruised scent topic, I read something from Luca Turin or Chandler Burr that it only makes the top notes less prominent, so it's just temporary it won't matter if you rub or not. I personally rub my wrists together when I'm using those tiny little sample tubes that you dab on just so I don't drip on anything! :flower:

Never knew that rubbing perfume damages the scent, but it makes sense. I've always sprayed my wrists and swiped them against my neck.

So is dabbing it on your skin out of the question also? My signature scent (Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur) is very potent, so if I sprayed each wrist and both sides of my neck, I would smell like a prostitute. :ninja:

1. get bare.
2. three close sprays across neck and chest area.
3. step through and twirl.
:smile:

isn't eau de toilette and parfum the same..
and cologne is just a masculin version of parfum?

...also (after the reply by fashionista-ta) the name references how the long the scent lasts, parfums can last upto around 8 hours i believe, I can't remember Eau de Toilettes but i think its around 4-5.
It's strange though, i have Paco Robanne 1 Million and i can often smell it a day or two after spraying it aswell (yes i do wash!) thats an Eau de Toilette.

thanks guys for the replies. i also didn't think of putting fragrance in places where there is a lot of body heat

do you use parfum/cologne/etc to replace deodorant?
seems to be the same idea?

Eau de Cologne, Eau de Toilette, Eau de Parfum and Pure Parfum (or Extrait) refer to the concentration of perfume oils in the scent.

EdC is typically no more than 3-5% perfume oil, EdT 5-15%, EdP 15-20%, anything above that can be considered parfum. However, these boundaries are not firm.

More importantly, they do not absolutely dictate how strong the perceived scent is, or how much "throw" (sillage) it has. The specific ingredients and the formulation play a big part. Some EdTs may appear more potent than some EdPs.

Usually scents with a higher concentration of perfume oil will last longer than those with less. It is also worth noting that, when multiple concentrations of a scent are available, they do not all necessarily have the balance of ingredients. Guerlain Jicky is a classic example of this, with the civet being most pronounced in the Eau de Parfum concentration.

I used to spray my wrists, pat my wrists together lightly, and then touch them against my neck behind my ears; however, I disliked that the sleeves of my jackets would retain the scent. I like to rotate between fragrances and having my sleeves become a salad of fragrances dissatisfied me. Nowadays I just spray my chest.

About the number of sprays; different size bottles, or more accurately, different size uptubes will deliver different amounts of scent per spray depending on their size (volume.) So a spray from a small sample sprayer delivers less fragrance than a spray than a 50ml bottle, and a 100ml bottle will typically deliver more than the 50ml bottle. Therefore the number of sprays desired depends on the size of the bottle, as well as the strength of that particular scent.

wrists, neck and hair (because i smoke)
and sometimes it happens i put some on my chest and
..... pubis
:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"