How much is too much exfoliating?

Virginielle

Reaction score
I love how my skin feels/looks after exfoliating, but how much is too much? Everyday? Three times a week? Will it look a certain way if I've overdone it?

You should only exfoliate once a week or two AT MOST.
If you overdo it your skin might get dry.Too much scrubbing can scratch, tear, and damage skin, and you might not get the glow that gentle exfoliation gives.

(adding to golden butterfly) then when you wear make up and stuff your skin will look all dry...depending on what type of skin you have

The most I do is 2 :smile:

I don't think anymore is needed. I guess it also depends on how thick and hardwearing your skin is... but I assume for most people, 2 is the most your skin needs.

Virginielle, are you referring to exfoliating on your body, or your face?

A lot of it depends on how dry your skin is to begin with. Some people have naturally very dry skin (me), and others do not. Twice a week, as many have said, is standard. I, however, probably exfoliate the body 3-4 times a week, and always moisturize afterwards.

I'm talking just facial exfoliation. The skin on my body has always been really cooperative (meaning not really sensitive) despite being a bit dry. I think sometimes I go overboard with reference to skincare on my face and I wish I could leave it alone, but I feel so lovely afterwards! If you guys are suggesting exfoliating only once or twice a week then I've definitely been going overboard. Fortunately my skin seems to tolerate whatever I feel like putting it through that week without any noticeable damage. Alright, note to self: enough with the scrubs. Do your homework instead.

i have combo skin that is prone to whiteheads and tiny blackheads.... i exfoliate everyday in the shower with a very gentle exfoliant but bring out the good stuff once a week.... my skin isn't dry at all, just be sure to use a very gentle exfoliant if you want to do it everyday... it keeps my face radiant if i exfoliate everyday

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->