How to deal with hopeless fashion magazine addiction?

I find it fascinating that anyone would be addicted to buying fashion magazines, and especially if they haven't contributed to a particular issue. No shade, I'm just genuinely curious. Where do you even put hundreds or thousands of issues that will quickly take up a lot of room? Where do you find the time to read them all? The expenses must be huge.

I find it fascinating that anyone would be addicted to buying fashion magazines, and especially if they haven't contributed to a particular issue. No shade, I'm just genuinely curious. Where do you even put hundreds or thousands of issues that will quickly take up a lot of room? Where do you find the time to read them all? The expenses must be huge.

Expenses are indeed huge, but there are times when you catch a bargain deal! As for the room.. there's none, lol. My shelves are currently full so I guess floor is the next space to fill up. I personally don't read all of my magazines, I read articles I feel might be interesting. I buy my magazines for editorials because one thing I adore is fashion photography and for me, even though most of it can be found online, there is no better feeling than seeing your favorite fashion photographers and models work in print, holding it and owning it in hard copy. It just gives me some satisfaction, that's all. A simple hobby. Like collecting stamps or coins or watches.

You are not alone I am a hopeless magazine addict too. I carried like 12 magazines from London once, yes most in hand carry luggage. But those were magazines I could not find home. I have space problem now and as I was moving most of my fashion magazine collection went to garbage. then I realized all my fashion magazine collection goes to garbage when I move. I still buy but I buy like once a month and btw fashion magazines are more pricey where I live now. Also due to currency dropped value in my home country the fashion magazines are %50 more expensive now. so I rarely buy one. I should even quit this habit as there is all the trends information online millions of instagram accounts, still I have a weak side for fashion magazine in print. I tried online subs. for like 3 months to british vogue and I did not like the experience.

But when I calculate the money Ive spent on my magazines I could buy some baleciaga bags with all that money * cries *

But when I calculate the money Ive spent on my magazines I could buy some baleciaga bags with all that money * cries *

I have over 600 international magazines in my collection and I once calculated how much I spent on them...I would be probably looking at Chanel bags right now. :doh:

I collected magazines for about 5 years until I realised it had become more of an obligation/habit than an actual pleasure. So I stopped buying cold turkey in 2016 and haven't bought anything else since.

In the meantime I moved out of my parents' house and to another country, and after their constant complaints on the space issue these magazines have created I tried putting them up for sale on ebay individually. Let's just say this could be a full-time job, it's that much work. :ninja: So in that note, if anyone is looking for a VP, Vogue US, Vogue Italia issue from 2011 till 2016, let me know and you can have it for free (excluding postage). :flower:

I have over 600 international magazines in my collection and I once calculated how much I spent on them...I would be probably looking at Chanel bags right now. :doh:

I collected magazines for about 5 years until I realised it had become more of an obligation/habit than an actual pleasure. So I stopped buying cold turkey in 2016 and haven't bought anything else since.

In the meantime I moved out of my parents' house and to another country, and after their constant complaints on the space issue these magazines have created I tried putting them up for sale on ebay individually. Let's just say this could be a full-time job, it's that much work. :ninja: So in that note, if anyone is looking for a VP, Vogue US, Vogue Italia issue from 2011 till 2016, let me know and you can have it for free (excluding postage). :flower:

ME TOO! I will gladly adopt these neglected issues

I am indeed serious. Whoever is willing to pay the shipping from Greece can pm me and we can work it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->