What do you do with your fashion mags?

Most hospitals or dental offices will accept old volumes of mags! Many places like that can't afford to have mag subscriptions, so they will gladly take them!

But you can recycle them still! Good for the environment!

Ooh, good idea. I should drop by the hospital after work tomorrow and see if they want a mountain of old Vogues......

haha, i can imagine, all the patients claiming ralph lauren pyjamas after reading all the vogues :D

haha, i can imagine, all the patients claiming ralph lauren pyjamas after reading all the vogues :D
:rofl: :rofl: That'll be the day...

I just keep them. :ninja: It sounds bad though. I have about 120 - 130 right now all stashed under my messy desk! :rofl:

If I had the time and inclination I would put they on E Bay cheap...There are real collectors out there who want to buy bunches to actually read or fill in holes in there collections. It would be good to get them into the hands of people who would appreciate and care for them... ^_^

guys, are there clear sheet protectors for British Vogue pages? I can't find them in office depot, only the classic letter format perfect for US Vogues but what I'm gonna do with larger pages? :shock::huh::cry::unsure::(:o

^^ Try a company called Bags Unlimited, they have a nice web site and catalog- they seem to have every collectors and storage item made! :wink:

There is this massive pile just hanging out in the back of my closet at my parent's house. I cut up the older, less important mags and paste them into silly collages in my notebook. My Vogue Italias and Numeros will remain intact, tho; I can't imagine chopping them up.

All of mine are competing with books for space on my bookshelf. The formerly small stacks on my floor are now towers, they're creeping upwards more and more.

Fashion mags are quite literally my Bible. Holding scissors to them would be unholy. Trashing them is also unheard of. Thus, I have a bookshelf back home with my Teen Vogue, Vogue, W, In Style, and Vanity Fair from over the years. The shelf is starting to bow but the magazines are my precious gems.

frieda you seem to be on my same wavelength.I want to keep my magazines as long as humanly possible, and once I move out and go into the world for my career I will not hesitate to take them all with me ,because I don't want to risk them being thrown away.

Everytime I think about cutting someting out I think about how when I look at them later in life I will want them to be as intact as possible.Hence why I only rip ads and pages out of fashion magazines I borrow from the library(shhh).

Back in the fall, I had no magazines handy for me to cut out to make a name-tag for Sorority Rush here on campus. I had to do the unthinkable and cut my only issue of Teen Vogue that was hanging around in my dorm room.

And if I miss an issue in my subscription, I get so cheesed! I have to go out and purchase it with money from my own pocket because god forbid my series is missing one issue. I've also called up the magazine offices and complained about tattered, torn pages. Good chances are, they'll send you a new copy free of charge!

I am somewhat addicted, aha.

I save all my fashion magazines. I even organize them into little shelves depending on the magazine and their date. :blush:

I have quite a few and I enjoy looking back through them even if they are several years old. It's neat to see how much fashion and the models of the time have changed over the years. ^_^

It is fun to look back.I have two Elle's from 2003 and even then things were alot different.It's all so interesting.

^It really is, even just a few years ago. :smile: My mom gave me some of her Vogue magazines that are quite old and I find myself looking through those more than the more recent ones that I have.

Lucky, I would love to find old vogues from the 90's and earlier.And I would be ecstatic if I could find Vogue's from the 1960's.

I would also love to find Vogue's that date back to decades ago. :woot: My oldest one only dates back to around 1987 and it is my favourite one. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->