What do you do with your fashion mags?

TGA :lol: I nearly cried too when a friend accidently wet a few of my Vogue Paris pages, Dec issue!

I cant throw them away, they were ditched in my wardrobe now they are nicely organised on my bookself...nothing else was occupying the space :lol::ninja: But Ive thrown away the very few US Vogue issues I had :innocent:

Often on E Bay, if you don't care about mint condition, you can get Vogue from the 70s and all for a very reasonable price- couple of bucks maybe...I love em- the ads alone are worth it- and the great models from back when!! Just shop price (stay away from Gia covers and such- huge price difference) and you can find endless cool stuff for a few bucks!! :woot::wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep them if they're of interest, & I use some of the pictures for collages. Then I recycle the rest

I do the same. And it seems as though US Vogue often hits the recycle bin... :innocent: Luckily, I got the subscription as a gift, but I'm definitely not going to renew it.

I buy British Vogue regularly though and organize my issues chronologically on a special bookshelf, same with Nylon, RUSSH, Lula, occasionally Paris Vogue and i-D, and very occasionally Vogue Italia, solely because over here it's so expensive (a whopping $45.00), otherwise I'd buy every one.:flower:

I wish Vogue Italia was cheaper also.I sort of still regret spending $20 on the July Denisa issue,but then again it was pretty much worth it.I need to start checking ebay for old magazines.

I sell some on ebay, recycle my US vogues...which seems to be a common occasion for everyone around tfs! :lol:
And I religiously keep my Vogue UK's, Nylons, Anothers, TeenVogues...and any Paris or Italia Vogue that I can manage to get y hands on.

I don't recycle or throw them away. Nor do I sell them. I stash them all under my desk in my room. :lol: I really should get rid of them though. It's taking up a lot of space!

oh, well i keep them forever and ever.
to just flip through them when you have nothing better to do gives you inspiration and sometimes motivation ^^
I have them all on my floor stacked in high piles :P just like my cd's.. hehe

Im very protective of my magazines. I can't stand it when other people just grab them and make creases on the cover with there fingers I try to keep them organized but I'm running out of room!

My Mags are:
In My Closet
In a cabinet
in a case in my garage.
I only have like maybe 60-80 mags
(not that many when you think about it)
And I have My Vintage Vogue's from 1964-1965
on my dresseer aong with special issue of Vogue that I will nevr part with.

Last edited by a moderator:
hahah so good to hear other people are just as crazy about their magazines! I keep mine stashed in my room and at one point i actually had to make myself throw some out because it was getting ridiculous! I dont cut or tear any pages out of them just incase i want to look back.. very odd i know! Still trying to find a good system on how to keep them organised if you look back at them often

i'm more and more thinking about getting some of the pages framed....
did anybody already did that???

I have one pile of magazines that I treasure...Zoo Magazines, some Dazed and Confused, a few Vogue Italia's, Purple and I have the entire Dutch collection complete !
The rest of the magazines , around 2000 at the moment, I sell so that I can buy new ones. The ones that are not in condition for sale, I bring when a box is full to a second hand bookstore. The guy lets me trade it for one or two books, and last week I traded for a first edition book of Albert Watson !
If someone is interested to see all the covers of The Dutch :
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg81/tonyparro/Dutch Matthias Vriens/
Not for sale though ;-)

I keep my W mags. :ninja:

The rest I put in my building's laundry room so others can enjoy them too. :flower:

I do rip out some pages that I like to keep for reference – shopping, style, etc.

I have one pile of magazines that I treasure...Zoo Magazines, some Dazed and Confused, a few Vogue Italia's, Purple and I have the entire Dutch collection complete !
The rest of the magazines , around 2000 at the moment, I sell so that I can buy new ones. The ones that are not in condition for sale, I bring when a box is full to a second hand bookstore. The guy lets me trade it for one or two books, and last week I traded for a first edition book of Albert Watson !
If someone is interested to see all the covers of The Dutch :
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg81/tonyparro/Dutch Matthias Vriens/
Not for sale though ;-)

just wow!!!!
could you please open a thread just for Zoo and Dutch....
actually, no matter if you take pictures or scan....
it's sooo amazing to have such a collection....
:o:heart:

Before I read them, I stack the magazines in an already dangerously high pile next to my desk. Once I'm done, I recycle them.

I make collages, of the words or sayings.
Hang up my favorite pictures, and then save my favorite issues, throw away the rest.

I pretty much save them. I end up reading them when I have the time.

Right now trying to work on a mini-project. Reading the articles, too get to know who is who in the fashion world. I know most of the designers. I just don't know the publicists, magazine editors and what not.

My parent's house in Boston is basically my magazine warehouse. They keep asking me to throw them out, but its my old room so whatever! lol

In nyc I have limited space, so I pretty much just save the "special" mags like Another, AnotherMan, Le'Official etc. (at $25 Im not gonna throw out =)

Of course I save Elle Mag. Its always the same - Bensimon shooting someone in Chanel and Balenciaga with Chrome Hearts jewelery... but its hard to go wrong there =)

i pile and pile all my fashion mags up.
when i go on holiday; and i buy vogue & elle etc i keep them for a week; and then cut then up for there covers; ads; and eds.
but english vogue , elle and the rest just pile up and sometimes if i like the cover of i-d and pop i keep them in a mini pile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->