What do you do with your fashion mags?

I keep all of my fashion magazines. I have stacks and stacks of them. It's pretty bad actually. I tried organizing them by name and issue.. but it's just too much to manage so it's all just in piles now :smile:.

I don't tear or cut out anything either. I like to keep them just as I bought them. I'd like to go back one day and look through them all.

i collect vogue (i have over 72 now) mainly uk with the odd foreign edition. i think i'm going to get rid of all my other fashion mags though, with the exception of an issue of i-D my picture was in and my pop magazine with sienna miller looking very sexy as a louis vuitton nurse on the cover. i'll try to sell them on ebay. all you people that simply throw away your old mags... SHAME ON YOU! think of all the poor magazine collectors out there who may be missing that very issue you're about to chuck. :(

I rip out the editorials and articles I like and then I organize them by magazine and date and box them up and put them in the basement.
All perfectly label.
So, I may be a little obsessive compulsive...

I order them chronologically, in a row of magazine files, beside my bed. I like to wake up to them every morning :lol:

I order them chronologically, in a row of magazine files, beside my bed. I like to wake up to them every morning :lol:
I know the feeling but I get sad once the thought of reading the magazines hit me.:lol:

I collect Vogue mainly and an odd Numero here and there...my collection is still relatively small (around 25) and last week I decided to protect them with a plastic cover and hang them on my wall in a chronological order. So I have them as decoration on my wall so I can enjoy my covers everyday :D

Well, I buy TOO many magazines each month mostly weekly...I now have more than 2,000 magazines...All in TOP perfect conditions, Only I and sometimes my brother can see them ... Besides I protect them all with individual platic bags to keep them from DUST/HUMIDITY/PEOPLE/ and ALIENS lol :lol: ...

I think I am strange because of the way I take care of my magazines...it is too much but I do it to retain the value over the years...I began collecting in mid 2004...

Now, I am a huge fan of Natalia Vodianova and I decided to clip all the covers and editorials to place them in special albums ... just to save time from looking for them all!

Well that is what I do whith my magazines...and I am going to sell many at eBay soon...!

AmpopBoy.

:innocent:

I have almost all of them on a small shelf on my tv stand.All basically US Vogue ,and a few Elles and some random other magazines like one issue of Vogue Italia and Harpers Bazaars.Then I have others (Vogue Nippon Feb 08, issues of Harpers, and my newest vogue and elle mags), on my desk.

I stopped ripping out pages and things because I hate looking through them and seeing empty spaces.I like complete magazines lol.

I rip the pages that I like, scan them and then throw the mag. I used to collect Allure, Vogue, W, Vanity Fair and a few from my country (Argentina) but I ran out of space. Sometimes I regret throwing away Vogues from the early 90´s but I was young and didn´t know better :lol:

I think when it comes to magazines, I do have a slight case of OCD. Before purchasing, each magazine undergoes a thorough inspection. Any slight crease, thumbprints and/or indentations and the magazines go back on the shelf. I'll drive out of the way (even to the next town) to buy the same magazine(s) in perfect/new condition.

After purchasing, the magazines go straight into a archival bag and then boxed. Special magazines like Vogue Nippon, Italia and Paris are sandwiched between two cardboards. I never read any of the magazines I buy. I don't flip through them or anything.

Although my OCD causes me some grief, in the future, should I decide to give or sell my magazines, the recipient(s) shall benefit from my OCD b/c years from now, those same magazines will be in the same condition as they were on the day they were purchased.

As an aside, I hate buying on ebay b/c sellers misrepresent their items. They throw around the term "MINT" to the point that it loses its meaning. I recently purchased a magazine from a seller who advertised it as "near mint to mint condition." It was not even close. It was well-worn and well-read. Needless to say, I tossed it in the bin.

Now, when I see "MINT" on the description page, I can't help but think it means "well worn, but at least the pages are intact."

Last edited by a moderator:
And, how about people who cut out a picture or two and don't mention it!!??:angry: And my new pet peeve- old Vogues and such that had Gia on the cover and are 10 times more money!! Good luck completing a set... :(

:ninja: I would not dare cut/rip my magazines up.

i keep them all on a bookshelf. but i have binders with files of images of designer clothing from diffrent collections and seasons that i particuarly like for example i have a file of gucci f/w 08, christopher kane f/w 08, chanel f/w 08 and i've just started with chanel s/s 09

^^ Me neither :ninja: At least not the ones I bought. My mum works in a mag-shop, so she can show me all the mags and if I don't like to buy it, I always just can rip out the nice pages :brows: :D

I treat my fashion mags really well, they are like bibles:smile:

I love making collages but when I reopen the broken magazine, I feel sorry afterwards.. creating collages is my guilty pleasure, I guess.. :P

I used to buy two copies of the good ones...one for a permanent collection, the other for reading and taking the ads and articles out of...

I primarily buy fashion magazine for photos fo when ever I'm bored I pick one up and have a browse. Looking at gorgeous photographs makes me feel relaxed.

If im going to cut up a magazine I always buy double of it. I keep most of my magazines in full page sleeves in binders in my closet. I hope one day to have a shelf dedicated to them.

I mostly cut out ad campaigns or anything else and put them on my wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->