How to go from Makeup clueless to knowledgable

BrazyrianGirl

New/Inactive Member
Reaction score
I am half Brazilian and half Syrian. People have always told me I have striking features in result of my "exotic" mix, but because I have been a tomboy most of my life, I'm totally clueless when it comes to fashion and make-up.

I have light skin (suprisingly) and medium brown hair. I have huge eyes that start off with a wide ring of green, then a yellow ring, and then a small splotch of brown..but they appear to look yellowish/gold most of the day. In addition to all of that, my naturally curled eyelashes are insanely long... top and bottom. Whenever I wear mascara I feel like my eyeballs have black wings on each side. I'm not sure if I like that. I also have really full lips that have sort of a rose pigment to them.

What I'm trying to say is... I'm a hopeless tomboy trying to change. I was sponsored for snowboarding and skateboarding back in Germany so I was always part of the guys. I'm now in college growing out of this tomboy stage, and I'm really interested in make-up and fashion tips. I don't know how to "play-up" my big bug eyes :shock: or contour my light skin with subtle color. I recently got interesting in figuring out how to bring out the brighter colors in my eyes and how to put on most kinds of make-up. If you could give me any tips that would be really great!

Danke! -Sunshine

If you have a photo of yourself, it'd be a lot more helpful! If you don't want to post it publicly for any reason, you can PM it to me and I'll try to be as helpful as I can!

you sound very pretty... but if you don't like makeup, i don't see the point in forcing it...

maybe you could start slowly by using a bit of a tinted moisturizer to even out the skin tone... that would be a good start... and a bit of cherry tinted lipbalm, very sheer... i don't think you would look great with too much mascara since your lashes are long already... only use clear mascara to define them, shapen your brows if they're not already (but not too much, keep their natural shape if you like them), and add a bit of brow gel to put them in place.....

and tada... you're still you but with a tiny bit of makeup.... hope this helps! :flower:

Have a make up artist at your local department store help you out.
Try to be very specific..about what you'd like to learn about ..techniques, tools, applying etc..bring pictures of makeup you think is just perfect..in other words..makeup that you don't think is too much and over the top..something you'd feel comfortabel wearing..some makeup artist have a tendency to throw way too much on you..so make sure you let her/him know it has to be minimal makeup if thats what your after and ask her/him to explain what she/he does every set of the way..

Don't be afraid to ask them for help, if they can sell you products and get you interested then that will most certainly make them want to help you, and for some having a cosmetics-virgin is probably very fun..

Also have a look at the threads here at Paint that Face there are several that tell you about how to apply make-up, tips and ideas :flower:

Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->