Natural / Minimal Makeup

I don't wear foundation because i'm 18 and i don't need it just yet. I use either Nivea cream on my skin or Palmer's cocoa butter :smile:

Other make-up i use;
Rimmel glam'eyes mascara
Rimmel black eyeliner
Vanilla lipbalm from Boots :smile:
and i sometimes wear Rimmel eyeshadow.

You're lucky:smile: I was more in need of foundation at 18 than I am now. I didn't have acne, but my skin was often blotchy and broken-out. Nowadays I go for a touch of concealer on redness/undereye circles and powder for less shine, and only use tinted moisturizer or foundation if I'm after a very flawless finish. I figure it's only a few years before the wrinkles start setting in, so I better enjoy an almost-bare face while it lasts.

im all for minimal makeup for the summer. right now i dont use anything liquid/cream based unless its lipgloss :smile:

Diana Moldovan

50282136b683e106da84b54743b487e0.jpg

imaxtree

freshfaced. no makeup looks!

I know this isn't a new concept and there are many articles about it. but recently i've been admiring the no makeup face - neutral lip balm, groomed eyebrows, curled lashes with clear mascara and tinted moisturiser (no heavy base). It's a good look for the beach, especially if you already have a tan, and I can imagine it on relaxed weekends with a classic white tshirt and jeans. It is a look that emphasises simplicity, health and natural beauty. I still like dramatic eyeliner, rouge, and whatnot, but once in a while it's nice to pare it down.

Last edited by a moderator:
More involved than my version of 'no-make-up' look but I love how zen like and effortless Lisa is about the whole thing;
she's just a pleasure to watch and learn from ^_^

@ 12:35 I love how she says 'massage.' It's a great tip esp since I find tight-lining a sure fire way to ensure watering, smeary eye make-up! However sometimes I will tightline then Q-tip away anything that's not deposited right along/into the lash line. Pro-longed periods of eyeliner on the waterline is bad news...Concealer and I do not get along esp on zits, which luckily I rarely get but when I do I find putting make-up on top always brings more attention to them.

My 'no make-up look' is what I normally do and involves:

Sephora POP the Question eyeshadow as highlighter (followed up by a dampened sponge) on cheeks to even out redness and fake that just came in from the outdoors flush.

If I look like a grease-ball during the day I'll dust on some Fresh Face Luster in Chalet Girl, just enough to cut the shine.

MAC Velvetone eyebrow pencil as eyeliner (finally can ditch the forever crumbling Tarte inner rim pencil)

AVEDA Plum Mist trio (reddish purple section) just on top of the liner to set the MAC as it is quite smudgy on it's own.

Fresh Sugar Passion mini lip treatment blended or whatever else is laying around.

I'm a m/u artist and the "no makeup" look is what I do %99 of the time especially for men. I conceal around the eyes with a peach toned concealer to cancel out that blue/purple ness, then I apply a green concealer just on the red areas. Then I color match their foundation and apply it with a foundation brush, a damp sponge, and my fingers. If it's a close up scene I apply just a teeny bit of dark brown mascara for definition. I use a fan brush instead of a spoolie. Then I contour with matte bronzer and add a touch of peach blush all over for some color. If their lips are chapped I put on some Aquaphor or Jack Black balm cause neither are too shiny. The waterline people's eyes' tend to get pinkish so I love to use a skin toned liner. MAC has a bunch of shades but for most light and medium skin tones I can get away with Tarte EmphysEyes. This step really makes a difference.

For women I do all these steps but add a combo of neutral shades on their eyes for definition. I like MAC Soft Brown with the teenist bit of Stila Ebony. I add more blush, then a flattering lipcolor similar to their shade.

When I do the look on myself I use my mineral foundation Jane Iredale liquid minerals, conceal, then dust on Jane Iredale pressed minerals, Rimmel matte bronzer in Sun Light, Nars Mata Hari which is a matte clean pink shade. I curl my lashes, apply dark brown mascara, nude liner in my waterline, smudge a bit of deep brown shadow along my upper lashline then a medium brown in my crease. I skip lipcolor and just use lipbalm like Epicuren or Aquaphor.

^ Thank you :flower:. Such a great, informative post.

I'm going to try Tarte's EmphysEyes. I have a pinkish white liner that I'm using on my waterline but I don't like it. It doesn't look natural.

I also hate looking done up. Normally, I use only Cory Cosmetic mineral makeup, have been using it for years and love it (cause there's a mica free version). And a brown mascara.

Although I've started adding eyeliner when I go out and I'd love to get into blush!

I'm "blessed" with purple eye shadow around my eyes and I have hollow deep set eyes with deep socket lines, so I was thinking I could use this to my advantage and leave most of my natural shadows and only lighten and brighten my upper eyelids to bring my eyes forward.

This should be easy but I don't have many eye shadows and I also discovered that the ones I have won't stay put on the lids like they used to. I don't know anything about primers/good quality eye shadows since this problem is new to me...

I'm pale so a lot of light shadows will still be as dark or darker than my skin... At the same time my lids are a bit purple (almost magenta) because my skin is so thin.
White works well but it doesn't look natural.

Any suggestions for products? I don't want to pack on too many products to achieve this look so it would be great if one product could conceal and brighten and stay put!

What about a good highlighter instead of an eyeshadow? Benefit Highbeam si great but I would suggest you something compact or creamy rather than liquid.

That could be great because I want to highlight and bring my eyes out of the shadows : ) I like to keep my makeup matte but I think I can get away with some highlighter as long as it's not too metallic/silver/gold but closer to skin tone...

I have NYX Mosaic Highlighter, a pressed powder. I put it on today and it does a pretty god job bringing out the eyes, but it's a bit cold and frosty... Looks almost white. It's still better than my eye shadows!

Can I karma myself :P

Mainstream companies are just now steadily creating ultra skinny eyeliners

Burgundy eye shadow is everywhere

Everybody on the planet loves Lisa :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->