00350f.jpg

Left: Chloe
Right: Oscar de la Renta

00370f.jpg

Closing page: Ann Demeulemeester

Total: 12 looks

Last edited by a moderator:
LibertyRose said:
In anticipation of the uber-important, super-thick September issue, I decided to plan several fashion editorials (just because I have time!). I have a practical approach to fashion but welcome originality in photography and model selection. If I were the editor of a fashion magazine, I'd hire the stylists from Bazaar or Lucky, depending on the orientation of the magazine (high fashion vs. high street). Dream team of photographers would include: Patrick Demarchelier (as opposed to Steven Meisel), Craig McDean (as opposed to Steven Klein), Mario Testino (as opposed to Annie Leibovitz), Carter Smith (Glen Luchford would be second-best), Greg Kadel (David Sims or Thomas Schnek can be used as substitutes, but no to Michael Thompson), Bruce Weber (as opposed to Irving Penn).

Both actresses and models could grace the covers, and I'll try to give half of the covers to models. But if I were to cast models in major magazines, I'd tell Daria Werbowy to take a break for a good four months, ditto Liya Kebede. Karolina Kurkova would not be nearly as big as she is now, and neither would Carmen Kass. Carolyn Murphy can retire after her Estee Lauder contract expires. Amber Valletta and Linda Evangelista won't be hoping for a "return." Karen Elson and Hannelore, stick with Meisel because you won't be getting calls from me. Girls like Jessica Stam and Ben Grimes would never make it, ditto Frankie Rayder & Missy Rayder. The strange ascent of Isabeli Fontana, Ana Michele Claudia, and Ana Beatriz Barros would be contained. On the other hand, I want to cast girls who are either healthy-looking sexy or beautiful in a brainy way. That means Gisele Bundchen, Caroline Ribeiro, Michelle Alves and Alessandra Ambrosio will be in high demand. The "return of supermodels" would consist of Stephanie Seymour, Cindy Crowford, and Kate Moss. Angela Lindvall will be the reigning American supermodel, while Erin Wasson and Jessica Miller are used in moderation. The "brainy beauties" I would cast: Jacquetta Wheeler, Maria Carla Boscono, Mini Anden, Ann-Catherine Lacrioux, Dewi Driegen, Eugenia Volodina, Julia Stegner, Diana Dondoe. Cutie-pie Elise Crombez and Anne V. would have their space as well.
I wish Alessabdra Ambrosio was more used.... She's gorgeous!

Love this thread, btw!!

Monique Lhuillier correction

I just wanted to clarify that Monique Lhuillier is NOT French born nor is she NY based. She was born in Cebu, Philippines to French-Spanish-Filipino parents. She is a Filipino designer who has made it big into the international fashion scene. (Another famous designer who is Filipino is Josie Natori)> Monique is based in Los Angeles where she also has her atelier. Thanks :smile: ^_^

Quote Libertyrose: Monique Lhuillier is another French-born, NY-based designer that I want to push. The checkered coat is amazing as is the orange belt. You may know her from Jamie Lee Curtis' revealing water-blue gown from the Oscars this year, but the majority of Lhuillier's work is much more refined. She started out from bridal wear and one of her dresses was featured in Vanity Fair's Hollywood Issue this year. This is her first runway show, I believe.[/QUOTE]

libertyrose, if you were an ediatrix, i'd definitely subscribe: excellent looks. although i think that the prada group would twist your arm to include them in some way...maybe their beauty line? or the shoes? or even the menswear...:flower:

ingenue said:
Monique is based in Los Angeles where she also has her atelier. Thanks :smile: ^_^
[/QUOTE]

really?...cause she has a showroom and always shows in NY... :huh:

I thought the same, Softgrey. And Style.com also credits Lhuillier as an NY-based designer. I wonder if she'd have a higher profile now that she dressed La Spears for her wedding. But thanks for the info, Ingenue!

Mikejames, I loved Prada pre-2002 but I was not too taken with their recent collections, esp. their SS05 stuff. They still have excellent accessories, many of which were not on the runway, but I don't have enough photos to make an accessories ed.

And thanks to whoever that lurks on this board!

Tulip Season -- circle skirts
Models: Alessandra Ambrosio, Valentina
Photographer: Bruce Webber

00200f.jpg

Opening page: Moschino

00330f.jpg
00020f.jpg

Left: Burberry
Right: Marni

00380f.jpg
00200f.jpg

Left: Dries van Noten
Right: Marc Jacobs

00140f.jpg
00140f.jpg

Left: Bottega Veneta
Right: Nina Ricci

00170f.jpg
00520f.jpg

Left: Sonia Rykiel
Right: Anna Sui

Total: 13 looks

Two quick notes on Monique Lhuillier. Yes, she's based in L.A. and yes, she shows during NY Fashion Week. Also she was just mentioned in last Thursday's WWD:

Glamour Girls

LOS ANGELES — Designers here are no strangers to the effects of a jaw-dropping gown. So this season they’re referencing Hollywood’s greatest glamour gals, Rita Hayworth and Ava Gardner — ensuring, at the very least, a flashbulb-worthy future.

Photos by: Jeremy Goldberg; Model: Bar Paly/Next; Hair by Andre Blaise; Makeup by Sonia Lee/Artists Management; Fashion Assistant: Donna Chu; Styled by Monica Schweiger
Dress shown is the silk crepe gown, Look 26 from S 05. Beautiful!

Master & Commander
Models: Eugenia Volodina & Marija
Photographer: Mario Sorrentti

00030f.jpg

Opening page: Veronique Branquinho

00140f.jpg
00160f.jpg

Both: Balenciaga

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads