In Search of Magazine Covers & Editorials

Calling editorial mag experts! I remember a photo, but not much else

Hi everyone,

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong forum category! To start, I cannot find the photo, photographer, or magazine this vivid image in my mind came from.

Now, this has really been irking me all day. I was reading about Guy Bourdin today (his previous collaboration with Nars and how a beauty blogger refused to review his products) and all of a sudden I got this really vivid image of a fashion editorial I saw many many years back. I can't remember the magazine, I want to say it was Vogue or maybe W, but I'm not positive. It was not by Guy, I do not think as it seemed to be photographed more romanticized (for a lack of a better word). It was a morbid yet haunting but still sort of beautiful series. I remember it was in the news I think as well.

The image I have is of an aerial shot from at the very top of a stairwell (where the photographer would be looking down). Instead of a spiral staircase, the stairs form a vertical rectangle. The model is lying on her back at the bottom (and at the center of the photograph) and inside this vertical rectangle shape that the stairs form. It looked as if the model was lying in a grave but there was no grave-like literal things present (i.e. dirt, tombstone, etc). It was more symbolic/inferential.

I think in the same series, models were in different areas (one was in a field) just lying in different 'broken doll' positions. One image just showed horizontal legs wearing high heels on a railroad track (body out of the frame). There was no blood, no violence, and no gore in any of the images.

Any help would be appreciated! One can only google so many keywords based on this description :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the shot anything like this one?

Anne Catherine Lacroix in Yves Saint Laurent Fall 2000, photographed by Michael Thompson for W, September 2000 (uk.pinterest.com/wowwowtank:(

Attachments

• 6b2c64fe6fc115130f38f2eda07b4231.jpg
    6b2c64fe6fc115130f38f2eda07b4231.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 297
Was the shot anything like this one?

Anne Catherine Lacroix in Yves Saint Laurent Fall 2000, photographed by Michael Thompson for W, September 2000 (uk.pinterest.com/wowwowtank:(

Thank you so much for looking! Although, this wasn't the series I was looking for, your reply sparked some new keywords into my search and I finally found it! Turns out I read about the photographer and some of her work was published in Italian Vogue, but she didn't do the actual shoot for the magazine.

This was the image
larger.jpg

Taken from: https://www.artsy.net/artwork/melanie-pullen-stairs

Thanks again!

I'm wondering if anyone here has a copy of Grazia Mexico's latest issue with Eva Green on the cover? Photos are by John Russo.
BUVYPKC6.jpg

Photo from Grazia Mexico's Facebook Page. Been trying to find it everywhere :cry: Thanks in advance :D

Does someone have the Vogue Italia October 2004 cover without text? With Elise Crombez.

You can find the picture in good quality in the VI October 2004 thread.

does anyone have scans from Harper's Bazaar Malaysia july (i think 2008) with Kimora Lee Simmons on the cover?

Does anyone have Demi Moore's Vanity Fair February 2007 cover story by Mario Testino?

Does anyone have VI August 2008 main editorial? scanned by Diciassette?

vintage magazines from or shot in MENASA+Turkey

hello TFSers,
i am building an archive of vintage magazines and other printed matter either from menasa region+turkey or shot location in these regions.
please comment if you have come across any - would appreciate it.
i have over 50 magazine but looking to add as much as possible.
i've posted some here https://www.instagram.com/bibliotheka_/ if you are interested.
thanks in advance! :heart:

Her Famed Good Looks (hfgl in here) used to have a blog all about Meisel, anyone knows a way to access archives of closed sites?

Anyone recall seeing an edit image from a british "indie' mag c 2015 in which the model is wearing Topshop unique AW 2015 dandelion print. Maybe Dazed or i-D.

My recollection is hazy and I don't remember what garment type the white, long-haired blonde was wearing, maybe a top or panties in that print. If anyone actually can figure this one out I'd be amazed :shock:

I've been searching online every where for this, but I'm having no luck. Is there a real HQ version of Christy Turlington's April 2017 Vogue Paris cover out here somewhere? I keep finding lower-res and medium quality versions, but nothing HQ? :ermm:

Does anyone have Madame Figaro Numéro 1000 exceptionnel with John Galliano collages? I have found few scans on pinterest but I would love to see more.

Does anyone have scans of all V's September 2001 covers? There should be 4 covers - Liisa Winkler, Nataša Vojnović, Georgina Grenville and Fanni Boström (all shot by I&V) but there could be more I never heard of.

NEW: Claudia on the cover of Elle Portugal October 2018

Does anyone have the editorial?

Screenshot_20180907-164958_Instagram.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->