Interpol

I thought I already posted here .. anyway ...
I borrowed "Turned on the bright lights" last years from a friend .. still havent returned the album .. I listen to it at least twice a week when commuting!

I recommend 'antics.' it's more bouncy than 'bright lights.' carlos d. has an odd look though.

New Interpol dates for 05 (for the US; other dates for japan/europe on interpolny.com:(

2/7 Bogarts, Cincinnati, OH, on sale now
2/8 Liberty Hall, Lawrence, KS, on sale now
2/9 Fillmore Auditorium, Denver, CO, on sale now
2/10 The Big Easy, Boise, ID, on sale now
2/11 Paramount Theater, Seattle, WA, on sale now
2/13 Roseland Theater, Portland, OR, on sale now
2/14-15 Warfield, San Francisco, CA, on sale 1/8
2/18 Grand Olympic Auditorium, LA, CA, on sale 1/15
2/20 SOMA, San Diego, CA, on sale 1/8
2/21 Coconuts, Tuscon, AZ, on sale 1/15
2/23 Austin Music Hall, Austin, TX, on sale 1/15
2/24 Numbers, Houston, TX, on sale 1/15
2/25 TwiRoPa, New Orleans, LA, on sale 1/15
2/27 Disco Rodeo, Raleigh, NC, on sale 1/15
2/28 Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA, on sale 1/15

:woot::woot:

kimair said:
2/20 SOMA, San Diego, CA, on sale 1/8
:woot::woot:
awesome. do you know who's opening for them?, I lost my password from the interpol board and I'm too lazy to get it back:P ..I'm not really excited about Interpol anymore but it would be interesting to know what bands are supporting them this time.

i have no idea...it didn't say on the site. i saw them the last time they came to SF and it was awesome, so I'm probably going to go again.

argh, how annoying, the board is down.

I saw them in October and I was a bit disappointed, I figured they were just tired and not cheerful enough to put on a decent show, recently I realized I was so annoyed because I missed half of the show:lol: .
and Antics is slowly getting on my nerves, I feel like I cant listen to the entire album anymore.
I'd still pay to hear Hands Away, though:D

i_<3_chanel said:
mulletproof did you see them with bloc party? how was bloc party? :flower:
:cry: didnt have the chance. I went to the one with The Secret Machines but I missed them..I heard they were really bad though:P

Mettchen saw them with Bloc Party, by the way, I hope she'd check this thread..she really liked the show:flower:

'pol

interpol is one of the better bands out of new york.
theyve been hanging around for years especially carlos 'fringe' D.
I think antics is better than lights but both LPs are respectable and possibly even very good depending on your mood & if you grow tired of their sound quickly or not.

thats their flaw- its a monchromatic sound that can impress at 3rd listen but at 30th you want to toss the cd out the window & end your friendship with them.
i think the songwriting is peppier in antics although I like PDA on lights.
sure they copy joy divison & echo bunnymen and 10 other bands but thats nothing unusual

nice clothes though.

kimair said:
New Interpol dates for 05 (for the US; other dates for japan/europe on interpolny.com:(

2/18 Grand Olympic Auditorium, LA, CA, on sale 1/15
I went to ticketmaster and this one isn't even listed:cry: I was gonna buy tickets when they went on sale...unless are they gonna be posted later since it doesnt get on sale til the 15th?:unsure:

kristi evert said:
I recommend 'antics.' it's more bouncy than 'bright lights.'
you're like one of very few that would recommend 'antics' over 'turn on the bright lights.'

:shock: blonde redhead is supporting them.

iwillsurpriseyousometimeI'llcomearoundwhenyou'redown:P

MulletProof said:
:shock: blonde redhead is supporting them.

iwillsurpriseyousometimeI'llcomearoundwhenyou'redown:P

No frggin way!!! Not too happy abaout that since Blonde Redhead is much much better!!! But not as commercially successful, so I guess thats why. I understand why they opened for Rage but Interpol???:doh:

I like Interpol anyway... though when they opened for the Cure they did not impress me. They just like didn't compare to the Cure at all!!! I will go to the show just to see Blonde Redhead again. :wub:

kellyt said:
No frggin way!!! Not too happy abaout that since Blonde Redhead is much much better!!! But not as commercially successful, so I guess thats why. I understand why they opened for Rage but Interpol???:doh:

I like Interpol anyway... though when they opened for the Cure they did not impress me. They just like didn't compare to the Cure at all!!! I will go to the show just to see Blonde Redhead again. :wub:

pretty girls make graves have opened for bands of a lesser calibre than themselves.

though, blonde redhead doesn't come close to having the mass appeal of interpol.

sars said:
pretty girls make graves have opened for bands of a lesser calibre than themselves.

though, blonde redhead doesn't come close to having the mass appeal of interpol.

Oh yeah, like when PGMG opened for Alkaline trio? hahaha I like PGMG a lot too. No, you're right though Blonde Redhead does not appeal to enough people for them to be as popular as Interpol. I guess I just don't like to see a band open for a band I think they are better than. But I'm sure not everyone agrees with me that BR is better, and it is good that maybe some more people will get in to them that wouldn't have come across them otherwise.

60s

well jimi hendrix opened for the monkees...

actually thousands of superior bands have taken the opening slot on a more popular band's tour. its one way to expand your audience.

...and dont forget once upon a time Radiohead opened for Alanis Morrisette:D

hmm, I just hope their audience doesnt expand too much:( ..I mean, I dont want to thrive on elitism or such but *ahem* most of these kids will take BRH as the cool band just because they're opening for Interpol..and well..it would be better if we were surrounded by more honest fans that actually appreciate their music since they've been around much longer than Interpol and it's really annoying that they're getting known only because of them..if that makes sense:unsure:

MulletProof said:
...and dont forget once upon a time Radiohead opened for Alanis Morrisette:D

hmm, I just hope their audience doesnt expand too much:( ..I mean, I dont want to thrive on elitism or such but *ahem* most of these kids will take BRH as the cool band just because they're opening for Interpol..and well..it would be better if we were surrounded by more honest fans that actually appreciate their music since they've been around much longer than Interpol and it's really annoying that they're getting known only because of them..if that makes sense:unsure:

Understandable, but I don't really Blonde Redhead are going to be "the next hot thing" just b/c they opened for Interpol. It is not that big of a tour (unless they expand it) and a lot of people don't even pay attention to the opening band anyway if they haven't had any interest in them before. Plus, i have seen BR twice this year, and sorry to say but they are not as impressive live as they are on their records. Oh and that their set is only gonna be a half hour, so not very much time for people to get into it. They will probably play more low key stuff from "Misery is a Butterfly". I would go myself anyway, but they aren't coming to Detroit.

kellyt said:
Understandable, but I don't really Blonde Redhead are going to be "the next hot thing" just b/c they opened for Interpol. It is not that big of a tour (unless they expand it) and a lot of people don't even pay attention to the opening band anyway if they haven't had any interest in them before. Plus, i have seen BR twice this year, and sorry to say but they are not as impressive live as they are on their records. Oh and that their set is only gonna be a half hour, so not very much time for people to get into it. They will probably play more low key stuff from "Misery is a Butterfly". I would go myself anyway, but they aren't coming to Detroit.
hmm, I didnt know it was a small tour but since people went crazy for the Secret Machines and curiously, for Bloc Party as well, it wouldnt surprise me if everyone starts loving BRH because of Interpol.

yes, I heard bad reviews about their shows with this Misery IAB tour, my exboyfriend saw them in Paris last summer and he was really disappointed..I've only seen them once, three years ago with the Mars Volta and they were awesome, they played my favorite song and everything so it's kinda hard for me to think they're gonna suck. we'll see i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->