Invasion of the "Alien" Models

more cats?

attachment.php

trendmill.com via Tanya D's thread

I don't think there was a thread for this so here i go............
I love the whole alien looking model thing, but I think that it got comnpletly ruined. first they started with (correct me if i'm wrong) magdelena F. Gemma W. , and then they started bringing in what i call second rate aliens like lindsay ellingson.... and i don't get it what happened
my favorite little aliens are:
Magdelena F.
30av09.jpg

fashionindie.com
but then this came along
lindsay_ellingson.jpg

lindseyellingson.com

what happended. does any one get my point or what i'm trying to say

What are you saying, that there aren't enough alien models around anymore? Your post makes no sense to me.

Lindsay Ellington doesn't fall in the alien category, and neither does Magdalena.

I don't really get this either. And none of the models posted look "alien" to me...

^
I think she's talking about the Baby Doll/ Alien model trend that was basically started by Gemma W. and heightened by Jessica Stam, Lily Cole, Lisa Cant and Gemma's doppelganger Sasha P. That trend which has been dying out given that model trends change at the drop of a dime, the "Alien" look has slightly dies out. Magdalena F. doesn't have the "Alien" look to me, per say.

:lol: i expected this....i'm not very good at typeing out my thoughts sometimes, i'll try and explain better
"I think she's talking about the Baby Doll/ Alien model trend that was basically started by Gemma W. and heightened by Jessica Stam, Lily Cole, Lisa Cant and Gemma's doppelganger Sasha P. "
yes that and i think that they are just choseing any person with a slight alien look and trying to pass them off as that extreme diffrent look when really there nothing special, not even model worthy in my opinion.

i think Natalia popularized the so called doll look:innocent:
btw, shouldn't the title read alienesque models? here i was expecting a newface from Mars.

I used to hate the doll / alien look back when it was a trend. Mainly because it was a trend and the runways were full of these girls that all had the same odd eyes and wide forehead. I do like most of those models now :lol:

The only true alien model is Nadine Strittmatter though :wink:

131753an0807umscover.jpg

news.ch

Such an unique look, she's fantastic. Unfortunately she totally faded when the trend was over.

ohh i love tha doll/ alien models: Gemma, Heather Marks, Lisa Cant, Tanya Dz., Lily Cole, Lindsey Wixson, etc. ^_^

i think Natalia popularized the so called doll look:innocent:
btw, shouldn't the title read alienesque models? here i was expecting a newface from Mars.

I always thought Natalia fit more of the Belgain looks with the likes of Adina Fohlin, Louise Pedersen, Luca Gadjus and Anouck Lepere but I can definitely see where the doll look comes into play.

I think the pioner of that movement is Jessica Stam. Then, Lily Cole, Heather Marks, Lisa Cant, Gemma Ward come.

Nadine Strittmatter is not looking as a doll as those girls (above).

Vlada is the real alien.

Greg+Kadel+×+Vlada+Roslyakova+-+Numéro+%23104+June/July+2009+-+Forest+Princess+-+009+ct.jpg

travelinghost.blogspot.com

Chloe @ FM Agency :crush:

36.jpg

19-fredag-016-525x349.jpg

ribbed1blackkids04.jpg

jaminstorch / radarzine / ribbedmagazine

Wow, Chloe is stunning! :o
Emily Wake is some kind of uninteresting to me.

Intersting.
Would you guys consider Coco & Ylonka alienesque?

2e1rqea.jpg
2mo15zr.jpg

theapathist & forosvogue.es

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->