Models' opinion of other Models

khyrk

Oh Yeah!
Reaction score
I can't find a thread about models talking about other models, stating their opinion about modeling trends, praising other models, talking about their friendship or simply talking about who their favorite colleagues are.

I'll start off with Natasha's fangirls. :lol:

Frida Aasen

Favorite model of all time: Natasha Poly.

http://www.vogue.com/868669/model-wall-frida-aasen/

Vanessa Moody

HB: Are there any models in the industry you look up to?

VM: Natasha Poly (obviously, how could you not?), and Rosie Huntington Whiteley (as she's managed to transition beyond the normal confines of modeling).

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/models/a11630/vanessa-moody-interview-2015/

Irina Sharipova

When I was young, I always looked at Google and said, “I want to be like her.” I always looked up to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, an Indian model. She’s amazing, really beautiful. And Natasha Poly; she’s sexy and also a high-fashion girl.

http://wwd.com/eye/people/irina-sharipova-model-call-10198078/

Abbey Lee Kershaw

There were a lot of girls from my era that I always looked up to when I started, like Natasha Poly. She was the queen of everything. She is flawless with an incredible work ethic.

http://www.whowhatwear.com/abbey-lee-kershaw-interview?search=abbey lee kershaw

I found a whole bunch about Gisele :lol:

Adriana Lima: “She’s a really nice girl, she’s very sweet, she’s very professional and she’s gorgeous.” boston.com

Candice Swanepoel: “Gisele Bündchen has always been an inspiration and role model as a person and as a business woman. - Muse magazine

Claudia Schiffer: “In order to become a supermodel one must be on all the covers all over the world at the same time so that people can recognise the girls. Miss Schiffer believes the Brazilian Gisele Bundchen is one of the few women to have supermodel status today.
“Her face is well known, her name is recognised – but no other girl occurs to me that people in the street would recognise,” she said. – Claudia Schiffer in 2007

Cindy Crawford: “Even though Gisele Bündchen wasn’t in my original group of girls, there’s no doubt she is a supermodel. She is the queen of a long line of Brazilian beauties. I remember meeting her for the first time at Michael Thompson’s studio and I felt downright dumpy next to her! Her legs go on for days! She always seems to be having fun and I get the feeling she doesn’t take any of it too seriously which adds a charm to her gorgeousness!” -Cindy Crawford facebook

Doutzen Kroes/Candice Swanepeol:
Who are your favourite Victoria’s Secret Angels from the past?
Swanepoel: Tyra, Gizelle.
Kroes: I think Gizelle is my favourite.
Swanepoel: Me too.
Kroes: I think she’s everybody’s. We just saw her at the Met Ball and she looks gorgeous. insidetoronto.com

Elle MacPherson: “I love the way Gisele looks,” Macpherson told us at her Intimates lingerie label’s tenth birthday party at Selfridges yesterday. “She is obviously totally my DNA taste. She’s also really natural looking. She’s growing her brand; she’s staying true to herself; she’s versatile; she’s also a great mum: she’s a cool girl. I like what she represents. And there’s a naturalness and a wholesomeness about her. And I understand – from the Eighties and the Nineties – those were the kind of girls who were successful. I relate to her. She gets dressed up when she has to for work, but other than that she looks unbelievable in a pair of jeans.” British Vogue 2011

Erin Heatherton: Which women do you look up to?
Gisele [Bündchen] is an amazing role model. She’s an activist, a mother, a strong woman. And modeling is not about beauty, it’s an opportunity to be empowered to inspire others and to use the opportunity to do special things and I think Gisele is a great example of that. – Harpers Bazaar UK 2013

Naomi Campbell: "Models need to earn their stripes - I just think the term is used a little too loosely.
"Kate Moss is obviously a supermodel but, after Gisele, I don't think there's been one." (2008)

Rosie Huntington Whiteley: “Gisele is the goddess of all models. She has a sexy image, her career is so complete, I always look at her when I need some guidance or inspiration.” O Globo 2012

Toni Garrn: “The ultimate Angel? It has to be Gisele,” she smiled. “I loved seeing Gisele with wings. I loved seeing her strut right down the runway, it was always super powerful.” British Vogue

Linda Evangelista

Amber Valletta: “Linda probably loves modeling more than anyone I know. That’s why we all love looking at pictures of her.”

Tyra Banks: “Linda Evangelista is always beautiful, even when she's screaming. She'll have her mouth open, her nose crinkled up, and she looks gorgeous.”

Christy Turlington: “I met Linda at Steven Meisel’s studio in New York,” recalls Christy Turlington. “She lived in Paris, and she was just a couple of years older than me, but she came in like this woman. She was so beautiful, so sexy, so sophisticated. She had this long dark hair and incredible eyes, and she had on boots that went to here. I remember thinking, Wow.” vanity fair

Cindy Crawford:
When I think of Linda Evangelista, I think of two words: chameleon and muse. Linda inspired so many of the great photographers and was able to reinvent her look every time. My favorite photos she did were usually with Steven Meisel, Peter Lindbergh and Arthur Elgort. Linda also rocked the runway, and along with Naomi Campbell, ruled backstage as well. I was always in awe of how they were able to do their own makeup and get the best looks from every designer!

Candice Swanepoel:
I take a lot of inspiration from the supermodels of the Nineties - Linda Evangelista, Bo Derek and Stephanie Seymour. They were unapologetic, strong women who were sexy and powerful. vogue uk

Kendall also said that Gisele is one of her biggest inspiration, also once she said that she wants to be next Gisele Bundchen. (br.eonline.com)

Fernanda Tavares said: “Gisele is what most represents Brazil abroad. It is Pelé, carnival and Gisele"

Isabeli Fontana: Gisele was always very nice to me. I was very young and she was already at the top, and always gave me tips. Gisele is kind of a 'supermom'. She came to SEPRE accompanied to parades with Vida , her little dog. When we heard shout of 'Vida, Vida,' we knew that she had come with that blond big hair. (harpersbazaar.com.br)

Alessandra Ambrosio

Adriana Lima: "In Brazil we had this magazine for teenagers and she always did the covers. I would see her and I thought she was beautiful, I was like, this girl is amazing."

Candice Swanepoel: "Growing up I watched the Victoria's Secret Show and was in awe of all the girls. I was always a huge fan of Alessandra."

Doutzen Kroes: "My first time for Victoria's Secret was actually in the Hamptons. I was there with Alessandra. Alessandra had been working then, I think, already for like 8 years with them. So she really knew and knows what to do and she was moving, posing, and I was just there with my mouth open, looking at her."

Random topic but here's one..

Who’s the fastest model?

Odiele: It must be some Russian girl. Or it must be Mariacarla [Boscono]! I think Mariacarla might be the fastest!

But who would win in a race between Karlie Kloss and Joan Smalls?

Odiele: Oh, Mariacarla would win over all those guys. Between Joan and Karlie—how many meters are we talking about? It really depends on the day. They would be neck-and-neck for sure, depending on how many blisters they have from the week before.
vanityfair

Harleth Kuusik:
“I really like Daria Werbowy. She can look really pretty and really boyish at the same time.”

Molly Bair:
“I love Tyra [Banks] because her personality is amazing. I have watched an embarrassing amount of America’s Next Top Model.”
(knowing Molly, probably a joke)

Isabella Emmack:
“My favorite model is Linda Evangelista. Her eyes, her face, her hair, her body, her cheekbones, and her jawline! She’s perfect!”

Bhumika Arora:
“Adriana [Lima] and Alessandra [Ambrosio]. Way back when I first started [in India] and I saw Victoria’s Secret for the first time, I was like, ‘oh my god, are they real?’ ”

Charlotte Lindvig:
“Helena Severin. I like her whole look. She’s just very edgy. She never wears makeup, but she looks so good no matter what she does.”

Sam Rollinson:
"Sasha Luss because I just think she’s really beautiful; she always looks incredible.”

Binx Walton:
"Anna Ewers because she’s a bad b*tch and her personality.”

Julia Nobis:
“I’m just going to say Mica [Arganaraz] because she’s my friend. She was a breath of fresh air when she first came into the industry. Her hair is pretty recognizable.”

Rianne Van Rompaey:
“Well, I’m very good friends with Marte Mei van Haaster and Mica Arganaraz. I think they’re really beautiful. For Marte, I just love her on the runway. I think she’s very strong.”

Pooja Mor:
“I really like Kate Moss. When I see her pictures, I feel like they have so much emotion in them. She’s not just a face.”

Kai Newman:
“Well, everyone admires Naomi [Campbell], and I like Jourdan [Dunn] and Cara [Delevingne].”

Maria Borges:
“Naomi Campbell!”

Tami Williams:
“Naomi Campbell. She really laid the groundwork for me. I also love Irina Shayk—her face structure, and her amazing lips.”

Aya Jones:
“I love Naomi Campbell. She’s my reference.”

Lily Aldridge:
“My model crush is always Karlie Kloss! She is so sweet and down to earth, and has the best skin ever.”

Magdalena Jasek:
“I think Karlie Kloss is beautiful.”

Ondria Hardin:
“Can I say myself? A future myself.”

Bella Hadid:
“Imaan Hammam . . . because she’s cool and we both have Yeezys! And Lily Aldridge. She’s perfect. I was just staring at her.”

Imaan Hammam:
“Bella [Hadid], because she’s cool and beautiful.”

vogue.com

Aww Ondria sounds so cute. I love her even more now. Surprised at the amount of girls who look up to Alessandra, not because of her success, but her 'beauty'. My God, I certainly dont see it.

Great idea for a thread!!!

Quoted from Snejana's thread.
Tanya D - were never friends
Freja - loves

Pretty much just had a conversation with her on IG.
Told her to come back because all these new girls can't walk properly and she said "I think I will be too different and old" and laughed..
:lol:

She also made it clear her and Tanya D were never friends :rolleyes:
In saying that, she's very honest about her relationship with other models. Seems to have had a good relationship with alot of them..
She loves Freja too which for some reason to me was surprising.

Coco Rocha blogged about her past experiences including Natasha not too loong ago.

In today’s installment of #SundayStories I discuss falling on the runway, the infallible Natasha Poly and why Balenciaga once had to wash their runway with Diet Coke.

Early in my career I was asked to lead the girls down the runway for the finale of the Missoni show. Some of the older girls asked me to not walk the entire length of the runway but to go half-way and then turn back so that the finale would be done earlier (Lazy models). Eager to fit in, I listened to them and foolishly turned back just halfway down the runway. As I did the unthinkable happened - I tripped on my over sized pants and fell flat on my face to an audible gasp from the audience. Backstage I was mortified but the models comforted me telling me how it eventually happens to the best of us. One of the last to come over was Natasha Poly who gave me a pat on the back and told me ominously “Its ok Coco…. but I’ve never fallen… and I never will”. Off she walked.

Fast forward to the next year, this time at the Balenciaga show where I was so excited to have the honor of opening the show. At rehearsal I went out on the runway and made no more than a few steps before I fell flat on my face. I remember thinking “oh my goodness, they’re going to replace me if I don’t get my act together!”. Right after me, the second girl also fell, and the third and the forth…. Every single girl slipped and fell on the very slippery runway except… you guessed it… Natasha Poly! It turned out the runway was a big problem for the models and there was talk of canceling the show as a the last resort. Then someone came up with the genius idea to wash the entire floor with Coca-Cola to make it more sticky on our shoes. It worked, and we all made it safely down the runway when it was showtime.

To this day I’m pretty sure Natasha Poly has never fallen on a runway!

http://oh-so-coco.tumblr.com/post/106432481672/natashacoke

I wonder what year and season was that Missoni show she opened so we can take a look at the other older models she speak of. :lol: Yes Natasha haven't fell but she tripped twice. Stam is the ultimate queen of falls lol

Great idea for a thread!!!

Quoted from Snejana's thread.
Tanya D - were never friends
Freja - loves

Yep. And I know she also loves Sasha P, Vlada and Isabeli Fontana and has a great relationship with Irina K and Magda. She idolises Kate Moss and Daria W too :wink:

Yep. And I know she also loves Sasha P, Vlada and Isabeli Fontana and has a great relationship with Irina K and Magda. She idolises Kate Moss and Daria W too :wink:

I've seen a few pictures of Snejana with Daria Strokous and she regularly comments on Daria's Instagram pictures, so I guess they're kinda "friends" though I doubt they see each other outside of FW.

Schermafbeelding_2015_09_17_om_13_55_40.png

instagram/dariastrokous

Anyway, lets not turn this thread into a "who's friends with who" thread and certainly not into another Snejana thread.

I think she loves Eugenia as well.

I don't really know much though, I just keep seeing them commenting on each other's Instagram pictures, with :heart::heart: and stuff.

Helena Serverin posted the thing Charlotte said about her on instagram and captioned it with that Charlotte was her favorite too, it was very sweet the way she wrote it:wub:
Unfortunatley, she has taken it down, otherwise I would post it here.

Gisele's fave models

Which supermodels did you look up to when you first started your modelling career?
When I was 14, modelling was a job opportunity that appeared in my life and I ran with it, but it was never something I had dreamed of doing. I never looked at magazines and had no idea who the girls were, but today I've met so many of them that it’s hard to choose just one! I would say Christy Turlington, Kate Moss, Linda Evangelista, Naomi Campbell are some of my favorites.

vogue.fr

Samantha Gradoville

Who are some of your best model pals, and what do you guys do when you're together?
I have a lot of good friends in the industry, but the two girls that I am the closest to are Emma Ishta and Vanessa Hegelmaier. We usually just hang out and talk, [or] go for coffee or do some vintage shopping. But Emma is also a great cook, so we usually come over for an amazing dinner and play Boggle afterward. I usually win.

If you could follow the career path of one model, who would it be?
I have always looked up to Natalia Vodianova. She was able to work very well when she first started, and I think her editorials are just so beautiful. Now that she is older, she managed to find love, settle down, and have a family. She continues to work sometimes, which I think is fantastic. I know she also started the Naked Heart charity. I would love to raise a family like [she did], while giving back to the community as well.
nymag

as a tfs-member she even posted in Vanessas thread: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=6255512&postcount=415

and Freja fangirling over Sasha is too cute :heart: @3:40

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"