Models' opinion of other Models

alessandra ambrosio talking about helena christensen

My snap from Look magazine

Stephanie Seymour Calls Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid ‘b*tches of the Moment’

In a Vanity Fair party post, Stephanie Seymour told the reporter that Hadid, Kendall Jenner, and their ilk don't fit the title "supermodels" because “they are completely different than we were." Other than their propensity for appearing as the love interest and/or foil in important music videos, that is.

And did she have a suggestion for a better term? “b*tches of the moment! That would be a good title for them.” (For what it's worth, she delivered the comment with a laugh.) The best commentary on the model generation gap still goes to Naomi Campbell, who wished her successors a just-this-side-of-shady "good luck."

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/06/ste...es-of-the-moment-comment.html?mid=twitter_cut

^
She need to try hard next time....
5-kendall-jenner-with-peter-and-harry-brant.jpg

mtv.co.uk

Camille Rowe on Lindsey Wixon

Did any models mentor you when you were starting out?

‘I was living with Lindsey Wixon at the time who was so much younger than me but already working so much. I have so much respect for her, because I moved to New York at 21 to model, and she was only 16 or 17 and so professional. She had it in the bag, and she was like 16! Weirdly enough, she was my mentor!’

http://lifestyle.one/grazia/hair-beauty/makeup/dior-poison-girl-camille-rowe-interview/

elsa.brisinger4 hour ago

However rewarding and inspiring a job I'm lucky to have, it is (unfortunatly) a fact that the industry in which it resides hits the confidence of thousands of young models starting out each year, in the hope of "making it", pretty hard. Being told that you are "too X" or "not enough Y" - sometimes, even, that some specific feature of yours is both wrong and right - is an experience I dare call challenging, exhausting, potentially devastating. More often than not, however, models get asked what they do to stay in shape, defeat their jetlag, eliminate spots etc. Yet the (for me, at least) most interesting question one could ask, gets left behind; namely 'How do you cope with the frequent comments indicating that your looks and their standards are to some degree insufficient, or imperfect? And how do you manage to maintain your professionality in situations where the contents of what is being said, to or about you, would in most cases classify as an insult?" For me, what sets the truly successful models apart from the rest, is far removed from any type of diet or skincare routine. Rather, it is that embodiment of equal parts kindness, intelligence and "don't-give-a-heck"-ness. That said, I am beyond proud to have met and worked with one of my role models within the fashion industry, and to have seen - not from afar, but first hand - just how that strength and confidence (mixed with a healthy dose of attitude) permeates her work. Lara Stone, I am forever a fan.

16110157_1775251499463003_592495587501277184_n.jpg

Els Bringiner on her instagram.

What Aymeline thinks of the nepotism girls :lol:

Facebook/Aymeline Valade

Vittoria's on other models in her latest interview:
Do you feel like you got more spoiled?
At work? Never. I respect everyone. When I take a look at other girls I find them so much fickler than me, even if they started working later.
What kind of whims do they have?
They always have something to say: about the hotel which is not ok, about the food that isn't good, about the person they don't want to work with. I tend to be more practical, more focused: you tell me what I have to do, and I do it. No one has ever complained about me because I've never complained about anything.
Vitto's thread - Vogue Italia

Eva Riccobono about Bianca Balti

"I have a lot of friends..even here there's Bianca! She's italian! She's beautiful, she's amazing! She looks like an angel..she has the most beautiful face I've ever seen in my life."

Gianfranco Ferré S/S 2007 backstage - Eva Riccobono for Fashion tv model 24/7

Eva Riccobono about Natalia Vodianova

"She's a true friend..she has been close to me in one of the most difficult moment in my life."

Vanity Fair Italy July 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Naomi's face when she realized she chose Kendall over Gisele :rofl:

Naomi on Instagirls/New Supermodels : Easy come, easy go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->