Is the big glasses trend over - when is a trend over ?

I also think big glasses and aviators in general are classics. Just because they're overexposed for a while doesn't mean they won't still look good. Glasses are objects that really need to suit your face; maybe we simply won't have to see people wearing glasses that don't suit them once it's "over"...

I know this guy who looks incredible in aviators, but more or less ridiculous in other styles. He'll wear them and look great whether or not they're in or out of style.

I agree - big glasses are classic. I've been wearing them for as long as I can remember. I think they're the most flattering style for my face. Besides, I couldn't care less if something I like is "out" (or "in" for that matter). I wear what makes me feel/look good - trends be damned.

I have always worn uber-big sunglasses - just to be 'that girl in the big sunglasses' I guess...
Being here in Toronto, I have yet to see the trend really take off to the point where the masses are spoiling it for me. In time, I'm sure...

People still look at me like I'm a nut-case...:shock: :lol:

travolta said:
i love those big ole glasses. i wish i had huge spectacles.

hey, maybe i'll just take out the lenses of aviator sunglasses. B) :shock: whoa

I've always worn big black sunglasses... it's just my thing really! My favorite ones with an Ole Miss Logo on the side were in a fire though.....

fezbatik said:
I have always worn uber-big sunglasses - just to be 'that girl in the big sunglasses' I guess...
Being here in Toronto, I have yet to see the trend really take off to the point where the masses are spoiling it for me. In time, I'm sure...

People still look at me like I'm a nut-case...:shock: :lol:

on the contrary, I find a street full of people wearing big plastic sunglasses in toronto this summer, everywhere i turn, girls in big sunglasses. guys not as much, but a lot of girls are wearing them.

Big glasses have been in since Jackie O made them popular,anyway,i've always liked them.

i agree mis K...i think they are very retro 1960's really...

notice that most people are wearing VINTAGE ...:wink:

so not exactly a NEW idea...
my mom always wore these big 'movie star' sunglasses...

In London, big glasses aren't everywhere. I like it that way. You see them being sold but not many people wearing them.

The Tatler ones aren't really big. They've been giving them away free every year around this time. I think this article is talking about massively huge ones-the Tatler ones are completely normal compared to Supadupa-the shape is also important. Also, when I was in America, I didn't see any in any "high street" stores like Express, or even Sunglass Hut. I saw a lot in a sunglass store that's name began with S, but that is only because they stocked Marc Jacobs and Dior.

Here are some of mine.

Attachments

• DSCN0111.JPG
    DSCN0111.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN0116.JPG
    DSCN0116.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN0097.JPG
    DSCN0097.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread