Istanbul Street Style

TO THOSE OF YOU WHO THINK YOU HAVE NO STYLE FREEDOM IN TURKEY:
That is completely rediculous. I've lived in Turkey on and off and I notice people either completely stand out or stay safe and abide to the trends. Especially in Istanbul, trends dominate. Instead of sticking with the trends go online and check out the street style in other countries (not that there is anything wrong with turkish style cause ive seen some amazing outfits). Its good to dare and do things you usually wouldnt do when it comes to fashion, you'd be suprised how many compliments you will get. I have an all turkish family who doesnt exactly admire my eclectic and wild style. But i've often gotten respect for it from other turkish teens. Give it a shot.

lolita_sweet_91 said:
have the big names in fashion( eg. lanvin, chloe, dolce& gabbana, versace etc) opened a store in istanbul?

i heard Harvey Nichols opened in Istanbul this year ^_^

^^yep,it has opened in Kanyon Shopping Center
now you can find nearly every designer's clothes in İstanbul.it becomes easier and easier^_^
but we fairly need a Chanel store:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

enjoy the İstanbul street style girls^_^ :flower:

all photos from elle.com

more of Conversian,hippi,İstanbul chicks:P
elle.com

#189 uncu posttaki 7. fotoda adamın biri dönüp mini giymiş kıza abaza abaza bakıyor tam bir istanbul klasiği :lol: :lol:

Thanks, larien. :kiss: I see lots of leggins / footless tights. No one was wearing them when I was there 2 months ago. ( but that's probably because it was summer. :lol: ) Same with skinny jeans. But I'm afraid I don't like any of the clothes they are wearing at all. :ninja: I don't like the "Taksimci" girls who are basically in all the pics.

mimiko said:
#189 uncu posttaki 7. fotoda adamın biri dönüp mini giymiş kıza abaza abaza bakıyor tam bir istanbul klasiği :lol: :lol:

:rofl::lol:

mimiko said:
#189 uncu posttaki 7. fotoda adamın biri dönüp mini giymiş kıza abaza abaza bakıyor tam bir istanbul klasiği
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

that´s just what i wanted to say.......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: there can´t be anything more typical for our turkish men

Finally! I have been wanting to post the link for my new street style site for some time now, yet never felt that it was quite complete. But I kept tinkering with it, and now think it is ready for the world. Take a look and let me know what you think, ok?

Style: what a subjective word! As humans, we have so many different interpretations of what style is and such a variety of ways of distinguishing ourselves from the crowd. As well, what may seem to be stylish to one person may not necessarily be stylish to another.

With this in mind, everything on the website is open for interpretation. As for my own effort, I'll attempt to include as many different looks as possible, and present a broad spectrum of "style" here in Istanbul. The overall ambition is simply to have fun!

Remember: the site is just a baby right now. We'll grow and improve in many ways and have a lot of ideas and plans in the works…
http://www.istanbulstreetstyle.com/

Cheers! ^_^ Şerefe!

^Oh seems we have a sartorialist in town! :lol:
Nice blog, will be checking.

*cheers back!* *şerefe çitonk!*

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulmarcus33
Back