Ivy League/Preppy Style

really? cuz even their 'classic' ones that don't change look too, i dunno, not preppy to me.

IMHO preppy shoes for guys are classic oxfords, white bucks, driving shoes, boat shoes, classic looking loafers etc.

lovespell said:
I have recently gotten into the sophisticated sexy look. Being in highschool I am surrounded by the teen version of "sexy". :doh: The other day, my friend wore tight low rise jeans, and a tiny tight top with huge hoop earrings, plus glitter eyeliner. I wore a high waisted pink pinstriped pencil skirt, a crisp white button up shirt and light pink pumps. My hair was down in soft waves and my only make up was mascara and cream blush.

I had some people tell me I looked sexy, but classy, not trashy. Yay. I felt like such a grown up. :smile:

As for preppy, I just bought a sleevless pink argyle sweater.

your outfit sounds so great :flower:

Preppy Style - The Essentials

What do you think are the essentials of the preppy style?

ralph lauren/lacoste polos (collar up) blue jeans, pearl stud earrings/necklace, ballet flats, knee length skirts, pastels, navy blue, cardigans, sun dresses...

I hate the 'american' (I'm sorry but I couldn't think of a better word, I don't mean to offend anyone) preppy look, like multicoloured Louis Vuitton everything, pink minis, pink tops, hair that got bleached and straightened the hell out, Tiffany bracelet, rhinestone mobile phones etc.
The classic preppy look on the other hand - soft colours, simple cuts, expensive materials like leather and cashmere, the style you think of as the stereotype English school uniform, that is cool and always a safe option.

a stick up one's %%%, a condescending attitude masked by overt politeness, let's see, what else....

Threads of essentials of preppy style merged to the preppy thread..

too preppy looks stupid IMHO, i think it looks just dull when you have 45 layers of cl othes on ..and 20 collars..no no no.
I do like all elgegant clothes though, black,white and dark blue.

I kind of like preppy clothes...but yes, the "American" preppy Cola described is disgusting, I agree with you 100 %. Though, in the other hand, I love some clothes by Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren, but only the classic ones. Especially Hilfiger.

I think the best way to preppy style is mixing very simple and minimalist with classics.But now I'm almost saying the same things Cola already said...

I know two girls who have the perfect preppy style. I'm secretly their greatest admirer!

Sylphide said:
ralph lauren/lacoste polos (collar up) blue jeans, pearl stud earrings/necklace, ballet flats, knee length skirts, pastels, navy blue, cardigans, sun dresses...

collar down please :ninja:

Another tip that Im not seeing, but may be on here because im just browseing, is that preppy girls dont wear alot of makeup. Go to your local country clubs, or for that matter the ralph lauren website, and look at the models. The makeup is done to look as if they arent wearing any at all. Also, overplucked eyebrows are not preppy. More is better. Preppy has a longstanding reputation because is doesnt fluctuate with the trends. Natural is always better than assimilated beauty. Ill post some pics soon, so you can see what I mean.

i am always in preppy styles, i wear a lot of ralph Lauren. I have some trendy items, but i always seem to gavitate to classic items.

nothing on preppy looks for men!
what you lot think to that?

i personally love preppy looks all together! love a girl prepped up!
i like to try and dress preppy but as Im only young at 16, i find it hard to make the look a bit more trendy for males, im not a fan of tucking in shirts with really high pants!

xxx

I like the preppy look. I usually dont dress preppy, but I do admit I like it, usually I dont really fit into any kind of "look" I've been leaning towards wearing stuff most people dont. No I dont mean I'm being one of those goth/emo/scene kids that think they are being different by dressing like the rest of the people that think they are being different haha. My look is clean, and mixed between a bunch of different things. Most of the time I just wear a polo shirt with some camo shorts with the occasional bandana (yea I have one in every color to match my outfits ^^;:wink: But sometimes I wear stuff like ribbon that people wrap gifts with, as like bracelets or ankle bracelets. Well I guess its not entirely different from most people at my school, but I dont dress the same as everyone else.

I love preppy clothing. The sexiest thing to me is when women wear slightly baggy, androgynous preppy clothes that guys normally would wear. So hot! I like wearing baggy polos with tight jeans, argyle vests and sweaters; I just loooooove when women wear baggy knit sweaters!!!!!!

"preppy" is mainly an american word, isn't it?

is "preppy" used in Europe?? :o
in japan, they just say schoolgirl look or office lady look (something like this).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->