Ivy League/Preppy Style

Preppy Nerd

(I have no clue what to call this thread)
I think this look works best on thin people. I love the look of vests, button-downs, skinny pants, brogues. I think Penguin clothing really hits the spot for geek chic.
http://www.penguinclothing.com/

style.com:
Jil Sander
00400m.jpg

Trovata, Spring '06: preppy in a vacationing-in-the-Hamptons sort of way.

00060m.jpg

00080m.jpg

00020m.jpg

00160m.jpg

Credit: Style.com

The first one is my favorite :smile: Maybe with some other bag but I like it alot <3

I love preppy, as long as it's not too try-hard / a little laidback. And I loved Jil Sander and Trovata this season!

I love all the Trovata styles in post #83! I like the preppy style but with a little twist :wink:

I love the preppy style, I wore this throughout highschool, but we had a fixed uniform, and finally got to vary it a bit more during university.

I think they call it sloaney in the UK.
I used to dress like this (and still do sometimes :ninja: ) but I'm getting tired of this.

laurette said:
I used to dress like this (and still do sometimes :ninja: )

I don't think there is anything wrong with dressing in this way- dressing for trends is not nesesarily Better

sweet_n_simple- I like those looks in post 89, but I don't see those as preppy They are like a list of current trends- jumpers over turtlenecks, waist belts, sweaterdressing, tights, ballet flats-

none of that is preppy at all

I love preppy, when neutral/toned down colors are used. You know, not the "sorority girl" lime green/hot pink ensemble :lol: --not to offend, cause it can look cute on some people..

I like nautical preppy (lots of navy and white), uniform preppy (v-neck sweater over polo with tailored shorts/mini), minimalist preppy... oh and the list goes on. My FAVORITE is menswear-inspired preppy (maybe that's a different category in its own), like the Annie Hall style posted earlier. It's like women wearing men's preppy clothes, not girly-fied..

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha nice vid :D
I like the neatness of preppy style (not like most posted pics, but more as in the clip) but it seems pretty exclusive; I think a rich kid dressing like a "gangsta" (best example see Havoc) will earn far less scorn than a non-WASP kid dressing all out preppy style. I also don't like the attitude associated with preppy style
faust said:
a stick up one's %%%, a condescending attitude masked by overt politeness, let's see, what else....
and I can't see why you need a mansion, a mercedes in said mansion's driveway and a membership to the country club to dress that way.

laurette- that was hilarious!

and those looks were defenitly a cariacature of preppy

Im so back in love w/ Preppy. Oh my god, I was flipping through pics of me when I was young and not that long ago (like 15) GOD I was such I prepster, I did wear a double breasted navy blazer w/ khaki shorts, no topsiders though, I had drivers. Maybe Ill do that prep look again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->